Chaos campaign character

Valkyrion

Okay, the basic idea for this guy is that he's a free but important character that directly affects the campaign and how it proceeds. There'd be one for each god but we'll just focus on the khorne guy.

Basically he starts at rank 1 and after 8 kills he progresses to rank 2, 8 more kills then rank 3, 8 more then rank 4, 8 more then the daemon lord pops out. The kills have to be in the same game and he's not an independent character so cannot join a unit - he's a lone walking single infantry sized model at first.

8 kills in one game for a 1W model with no power weapon is going to be difficult whilst it will be far easier for the rank four daemon prince - how can I balance that?

Also, should the model be allowed to progress through the ranks mid game, or wait until after the game?

I was toying with the idea that if the model dies then any 8 models of the chaos players choice are automatically removed from play - sort of a sacrifice to bring back the model in later games.

He is supposed to be powerful and very killy so even if it seems like overkill (a daemon prince with bloodfeeder that ignores 1's?!) then I'd rather try and find a negative special rule that affects the chaos players main army rather than diminish the model itself.

Basic premise being a numbers of the gods type campaign that is won by the chaos player if the daemon lord is released within 8 games. (e.g the khorne player has 8 games, each games lasts 8 turns, the model must kill 8 enemies, units have a max unit size of 8, only khorne or undivided units allowed and so on)

Any other C&C and general ideas would be well received too...

Rank 1:

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

4 4 4 4 1 4 3 10 3+

Type: Infantry

Equipment: Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades

Special Rules: Fearless, Furious Charge, Divine Intervention

Divine Intervention: Whenever the model is removed as a casualty from any source roll a D6. On the score of 2+ the model remains in play. This is not a save so cannot be denied by any special rule or piece of equipment.

Rank 2:

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

4 4 4 4 1 4 3 10 3+

Equipment: Equipment: Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bloodfeeder, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades

Special Rules: Fearless, Furious Charge, Divine Intervention, Chosen of Khorne

Chosen of Khorne: The model will never suffer a wound when rolling a 1 for the number of attacks provided by the daemon weapon.

Rank 3:

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

6 5 4 4 3 5 4 10 3+

Equipment: Equipment: Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bloodfeeder, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades

Special Rules: Fearless, Furious Charge, Divine Intervention, Chosen of Khorne

Rank 4:

WS BS S T W I A LD Sv

7 5 6 5 4 5 5 10 3+

Type: Monstrous Creature

Equipment: Power Armour, Bloodfeeder

Special Rules: Fearless, Eternal Warrior, Furious Charge, Divine Intervention, Chosen of Khorne

Archived