Thanks Sandalphon and Bro Dallo :tu: It has been a long time, but I am enjoying revisiting them. I have started the next Primaris (well, I have started the next three) -

gallery_46632_13392_189027.jpeg

I am going for a very weathered and beat up look as 1) it suits my messy paint style and 2) these ain’t no shiny Ultramarines!

(EDIT - he is missing a hand as I am waiting on a bitz order)

Edited by Midnightmare

BadgersinHills and Yosef, thanks both for the comments, I appreciate them.

@Yosef Hausakluif - get it done mate, you know the Flesh is calling you have to heed it....!

In the meantime, have an update -

gallery_46632_13392_85940.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_129625.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_59420.jpeg

Not quite finished with my first batch of Primaris so here is the beginnings of the next Intercessor combat squad, with this friendly chap being the squad leader. Note the Blood Angel iconography so as to mark out the Chapter as a successor, but with the addition of severed head trophies as is the brutal Flesh Eater way - one will be freshly flensed the other awaiting further ‘attention’....

The right shoulder pad is from the BA upgrade kit shaved down, the severed heads from the Dark Eldar range (or whatever moniker the filthy xeno go by now!)

Do you use decals for their chapter symbol?! I’d love to find something raised in shapeways for them; as I’ve got a bunch of BA bits and shoulders around, that I could cut and fuel down, as have always thought the BA successors like the Tearers and Eaters more interesting.

I paint mine bro - not to a particularly high standard mind as my freehand sucks! Luckily as I cover them in battle damage it doesn’t matter too much ;)

I don’t know if you could print your own transfers or even commission on shapeways or something similar? I don’t know how it all works sorry.

I paint a pentagon, then I paint in the zig-zag of the teeth if that helps, staring with the two longer, canine ones at the outside then onto the smaller ones in the middle of that makes sense. Have a look over previous pages to see what I mean :tu: As I said though, free hand is certainly not my forte and I weather over the top of it!

Thanks Noctus, glad you approve! I am having a blast painting red again so hopefully more to come after the Intercessor squad. I primed two more last night but have now run out of undercoat :(

Won’t stop me building though :devil:

Here is where the next bunch of Intercessors are up too, going for a stroll in the woods looking for ‘dinner’ -

gallery_46632_13392_148286.jpeg

...and the a real version!

gallery_46632_13392_133444.jpeg

I originally took the photo but accident and thought it looked cool, so......:D

Do you use decals for their chapter symbol?! I’d love to find something raised in shapeways for them; as I’ve got a bunch of BA bits and shoulders around, that I could cut and fuel down, as have always thought the BA successors like the Tearers and Eaters more interesting.

Shapeways do a Flesh Eater chapter icon, both the original demonic maw and the more modern pentagon one - though if you have a steady hand/can paint short straight lines it's super easy to freehand.

Excellent work on the Intercessors. I'm surprised how pale the one in the middle is. Does Flesh Eaters gene-seed cause a Marine's skin to pale, the way Raven Guard gene-seed does? Or was that Flesh Eater the recipient of "chimeric" gene-seed, possibly due to the Chapter salvaging gene-seed from... questionable sources... after a desperate battle that saw the Flesh Eaters suffer heavy casualties?

He needs to get out in the sun more doesn’t he?

The Flesh Eaters homeworld is covered in perpetual night with only a few hours of sunlight at best, so the primitive denizens are naturally pale. However, should they be ‘lucky’ to be inducted into the Flesh Eaters Chapter, then their completion takes the form of all their brother Flesh Eaters - possibly due to mutation/degradation of the geneseed or something darker? Certain imperial scholars are were in agreement that the mutation of the Omophagea gland resulted in not only the craving of the blood and flesh of the living, but a literal dependency on it and that this might be the reason. Unfortunately, during their investigation they met a tragic accident and their findings were never published to the the upper echelons of the Imperium.....

@ Metzombie - such wild accusations are completely unfounded *picks bits of meat between teeth with an inquisition badge*

Started work on Voivode Captain Orlok - going to be using the Indomitus Captain rules so expect a fancy skeleton pimp shield* and he will be using Valek’s sword, as my fluff has me taking from him in a climatic fight as Valek turns traitor.

gallery_46632_13392_139863.jpeg

Obviously, still loads to do and to tidy up, please ignore the Stormcast livery on the shield ;) His right shoulder pauldron is actually from the Deathguard sprue, the one covered in skulls but you can’t see it in the photo! Both arms will be magnetized as magnets are a HQ’s best friend. The chest is a Stormcast one maters to a Sanguinary Guard abdomen, and Primaris Intercessor legs.

*a real thing you know!

Edited by Midnightmare

Many thanks man, glad you approve!! :tu:

Started work on my Captains shield -

gallery_46632_13392_352139.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_424420.jpeg

The head is a place holder, but sans horns and some 40k techno it might actually work for somebody named ‘Orlok’.

Unless I stick with Valek :D :D

Loads of work to do, and I am tempted to try out ‘brown stuff’ instead of ‘green stuff’ this time. The shield is obviously supposed to be over the top as I am aiming for the new Indomitus Captains style of pimp shield, just with a more macabre twist.

Edited by Midnightmare

Valek returns to claim his rightful place among his company and places the de fleshed bones of Orlok on his shield as a reminder to all who would challenge his rule.

Or; Orlok has Valek’s cursed bones placed on his shield; and they whisper and speak to him still from the warp.

Either way shaping up to be a great addition to your ‘new’ primaris flesh eaters. You’ve proven to be a big inspiration and I think the 5 of the new Indomitus primaris assualt marines On their way to me in the future may be joining the ranks soon!

Thanks Yosef, always nice to hear my work inspires others! My own Assault Intercessors I am thinking of painting them Death Company even though they have no rules (yet, I hope!) Rule of Cool and all that!

With the whole Valek/Orlok thing I am not 100% that I will even turn Valek into a Traitor yet, I also like the idea of running them both at the same time occasionally. I must paint up Valek’s storm shield so to use him as a proper Smash Captain too! (I have the one from the BA Terminator set for his magnetized left wrist)