No worries, and thanks for the positive comments guys :rolleyes: As promised an update of where I am at with Valek. Got quite a bit done over the weekend, but not the best photo's sorry as the camera was dying and I was rushing! Still a lot to do; ignore the skulls on his cloak for a start! He is getting there however:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02245.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02246.jpg

Edited by Midnight Runner

No worries, and thanks for the positive comments guys :) As promised an update of where I am at with Valek. Got quite a bit done over the weekend, but not the best photo's sorry as the camera was dying and I was rushing! Still a lot to do; ignore the skulls on his cloak for a start! He is getting there however:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02245.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02246.jpg

Valek is looking suitable grim-dark and frightening!!! :devil:

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Can we get a back shot, bro? Kinda curious about the skull and cloak thing you got going on, even unfinished.

Just to let you know, I'm a HUGE fan of your work, and I love that you kept to the original RT-era paint scheme (so many go for that black and red scheme someone made up). You've done such a beautiful job on these fellas, and you should be rightfully proud of this army.

Edited by 1000heathens

Can we get a back shot, bro? Kinda curious about the skull and cloak thing you got going on, even unfinished.

Just to let you know, I'm a HUGE fan of your work, and I love that you kept to the original RT-era paint scheme (so many go for that black and red scheme someone made up). You've done such a beautiful job on these fellas, and you should be rightfully proud of this army.

I believe the creator of the "modern" red-and-black colour scheme for the Flesh Eaters was Chaplain Desmodeus. :D

Glad you like him! I had hoped that Valek would personify the style I am going for with my FE and he seems to have aheived that. Basically rage+attitude+1 :devil:

@ heathens & reckoning - no probs, I am just on my way to work now so I will get it done when I get back :)

@ death given form the gold is actually really easy, so easy I may do a Sanguinary Guard army! I use mostly old line GW colours and it is basically Chainmail, with 4 coats of Sepia Wash, re-highlighted with Chainmail followed by a Leviathan Purple glaze. The green used around the rivets etc is the new Sotec Green! And thats it! It does need some more chipping to it but that will be the last thing I do.

Thanks for all the amazing comments guys, I am stoked that he has went down so well :)

Wow! Truly awesome and thematic, sick work, and by sick I mean really good. I love the vampire and zombie flesh eating feel to the characters in your army...someone has probably asked already, and I have not looked over the whole thread, BUT how do you do your skin tones? I would love to learn for my upcoming iron hands and black guard painting projects to get a really good looking pale and deathly skin tone like that! Whats the recipe?

These look amazing. Lovely bold colour scheme coupled with some amazing conversions.

Gotta say that your power and force weapons are easily some of the best I've seen. Lovely how they really look like thier arcing with power.

Cheers

James

It's been far too long since I last checked out your painting Midnight - Wow, this is such a lovely looking army, I'm loving the conversions and the paint scheme is brilliantly executed.

Great great army - one of the best on here.

Thanks Kobra, glad you approve B) . I am considering changing the weapons head to an axe for gaming reasons though, maybe.

Mate, I'm sorry to hear about the whiplash - I hope it settles down soon. Slightly OT but acupuncture really helps. I've had it after a few bumps and it helped sort me out a lot quicker.

Acupuncture sounds a bit Slaaneshi to me :lol: ! It will be alright soon enough, I'm 'ard me lol. Tbh I have gash on my head which is the most gutting as it is my daughter's Christening this Sunday - I will be looking good for the pictures ;) .....doh!

@ Yosef Hausakluif the recipe and link for the skin tutorial is posted on the previous page :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

Gutted to hear about the crash buddy, hope you mend well. A mate of mine got an op on the nerves in his neck 4 days before his sones Christening so ended up with a ragged 8" scar on his neck for all the pics. lol. Lovely ;)

Valek is looking mighty beastly, and well made. All round BAMF! Sorry to hear about the whiplash incident. Might wanna try an Orthopedic doctor if it gets any worse. I might have to check my self in soon cause your lasted mini messed my neck up with the "holy :) double take" keep up the killer work MR. Edited by DeathKnight2000

Awesome, thanks for the heads up to the link for the skin recipe.

Feel better and if no needles, then lots of warm compresses on that neck!

Hope your back to painitng soon, as I love your work on this project! ;)

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif