Excellent!
Where to start? I really like how your scheme and way of painting works on big models too. Vito is a great build and paintjob increases his excellence - he's gritty, dirty and up-elbows in business. Great blend of ancient nobility and savagery (well, leaning heavily towards savagery :P )

Chaplain is great too. I like the muted gold, almost bronze that you have chosen for his embellishments - makes him less 'blingy' and more tied with the rest of the force. strengthening the canines on his helmet's skull and on the knee pad is a great touch. I also did this on my Captain - so easy, but so satisfying :D
Love the small stitches on his cloth :D I would make them black or red, but still a really nice touch :thumbsup:

Thanks deathspectre, Majkhel, Bjorn and Shovellovin - I appreciate it :)

@Maj - I was a bit worried on how the newer style would transfer to something larger, but it turned out quite well. It’s hard to tell, but I used a sponge rather than streaks on the top, flat areas. I want it to look worn due to acid rain type so thought it would be the best way. I love the Chaplain from Indomitus but I prefer helmets for Chaplains (the head is now my Chaos Lords). Good spot on the canines on the knee pad as the are less obvious!

@ Bjorn - you have got it :D I was saving it for something worthy. With him being the Sorrow of Carpathia it was hard not to have the Sorrow of Karpathia!!

@ Shovel - vicious , but I am sure the have a soft side....maybe?

In the meantime, have a slightly converted Assault Intercessor fallen to the Black Rage....

gallery_46632_13392_75410.jpeg

....and one painted regular colours.

gallery_46632_13392_501589.jpeg

I love the Indomitus Assault Intercessors - they have so much movement over the regular ones. These have both had their arms slightly tweaked to make them really aggressive and are both based on the same body.

Hope you like!

Once again, cheers all :)

Midnight

I honestly never get tired of watching your battered scheme :thumbsup: 
I like how the saltire on the Death Company marine lacks clear edges. It's obviously been hurriedly dabbed to avoid the wrath of the afflicted marine.
Hazard stripes work great here too.
Well done!

Thank you for the kind words guys, I am glad you like!

@ Majkhel - I don’t think I could paint a straight line if I tried so it just works better weathered :D

Next Death Company bro completed -

gallery_46632_13392_217045.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_38437.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_130478.jpeg

.....and magnetised for those days when he leaves the ‘Primaris’ keyword in the Tower of the Lost.

gallery_46632_13392_995091.jpeg

Cheers!

.....and magnetised for those days when he leaves the ‘Primaris’ keyword in the Tower of the Lost.

Haha! Excellent model and who doesn’t like a little humor about building stuff that looks cool instead of worrying about models being legal? I really hope GW loosens up rules allowing Primaris access to more weapons and gear. 

As for his name, it’s not Orlok - that is actually his Death Company Captain currently amassing parts for!

If not Orlok, may I suggest "Schreck", after the German word for "fright"- the very emotion the Death Company Marine arouses in his enemies' hearts?

His head was a practise go which turned out pretty well for my sculpting level :D

In that case, I commend your skills as a sculptor.

• 4 weeks later...

......and he is done!

gallery_46632_13392_479265.jpeg

Some other angles -

gallery_46632_13392_80517.jpeg

Quite a bit of work went into the conversion, true scale Mk VI armour. I am not sure if he is ‘too busy’ but it is what it is; lots of little trinkets and honour markings. The cloth on his left pauldron looked quite bare with no design on, so I went with the old, more stylised chapter symbol. As for the pentagon symbol on his right pauldron? Well, I wonder what that could be......

Great job, I like him a lot! This Mk VI conversion is very mature and consistent.
Cloth with the old-school Chapter symbol works really well with the overall retro design of the Mk VI pattern powerarmour combined with the white stripe and jaws on the helmet. 

He might seem busy at first glance compared to your previous creations, but on the other hand he does not have additional side plates, sculpted knee-caps, extended chest section or high gorget of the Mk X. I'd say that with those things he comes out only slightly more... characterful :)

Well done!

Great work on freehanding the old school symbol, I had a go and it looked pretty bad, I need more practice.

Also keen to learn more about the Pentarchy - is it spread across everyones personal plogs, or will there be a 'collected visions' thread somewhere?