100% Dracula bud, I live that film. Mephiston, and later Astorath have done the same thing. I did think about creating the muscle fibres with greenstuff but there is no way I could get it neat. So I had a practise and an experiment with contrast paints. I decided to use the Imperial Eagle chest piece (from the Indomitus Chaplain) to make it look a bit different to Meph and Astorath :tu:

That said, I love Ramsay and his family of flayers!

100% Dracula bud, I live that film.

Ah, a person of taste and culture.

That said, I love Ramsay and his family of flayers!

Ramsay Bolton, nicknamed "Red Snowfall" for his exploits on the icy world of Hardhome... appointed Company Champion after he defeated a Chaos Space Marine of the Skyrar's Dark Wolves warband... peeled the flesh from the traitor's skull after the battle, and fitted the traitor's face to his helmet, in his efforts to intimidate his opponents... favors eviscerator chainswords...

Yes, I can see that.

• 1 month later...

Commander Velghor: Incoming!

”I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery.”

Attributed to Commander Velghor, Lord of Flesh; Grand Voivode; The Sorrow of Karpathia - former Chapter Master of the Flesh Eaters.

gallery_46632_13149_1222857.jpeg

‘He stood after what seemed like hours. My ire rose as he proclaimed, “You are now dismissed, Inquisitor.” I stood to face him. I would not be cowed by one of the Five, and made to speak. I am not yours to dismiss. It was to remind him of my standing within the Inquisition. My place at the head of this war. I would not be spoken to as a menial.

No words emerged. The moment stretched, and the Lord of the Flesh Eaters removed his helm. The figure loomed over me, his horrifying visage the stuff of nightmares. Am I to live ten centuries, I fear I will never forget his irisless eyes piercing me. As he pulled me close, the smell of blood was repugnant. Old blood. New blood.

I left those haunted chambers reprimanded. I left them and I was under no illusion of who was in control. It was not me. What had the High Lords ordered? What had I unleashed?'

//Fragments – Notes of Master Aramis Enoch, published posthumously+

gallery_46632_13149_190786.jpeg

gallery_46632_13149_639048.jpeg

gallery_46632_13149_214846.jpeg

gallery_46632_13149_79672.jpeg

gallery_46632_13149_1038770.jpeg

M33, War of the False Primarch, where have you been? A collaborative project run by apologist based around the events of that long forgotten war. Head on over to his blog www.warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com

for some amazing work and writing. Really immersive stuff. If you want to check out Commander Velghor in particular, my Chapter Master at the time the check him out HERE and the magic worked by apologist. There is plenty more in the future works, so keep an eye out on the blog :tu:

gallery_46632_13149_391919.jpeg

Cheers!

Edited by Midnightmare

Velghor is truly a monster, I really enjoy the contrast between the almost divine glory of his figure when helmed and the horrific, barely human visage beneath. A physical manifestation of the dichotomy of Sanguinius' sons. The winged jump pack is a cool bash and the power sword looks cracking, as per ususal!

Thanks dude, glad you like him!

@Pearson73 - yes I wanted it to be a case of “isn’t that mask handsome” *takes it off* “oh fu.....!” With the jumpy pack I wanted to go for a wings ‘at rest look’ to sit better with his pose.

@Bjorn - no, he is a total original character set in the era of M33. He is sadly no longer with us, but somebody else might be wearing his armour in the 41st millennium.....as to what actually happened to Velghor, well you will just have to stay tuned!

Damn. What an absolutely gorgeous Chapter Master you've made, brother. I adore the colors of the warplate, how it looks like raw, skinless muscle. I especially love the look in tandem with the serene and angelic expression of his deathmask. I think it's such an absolutely spectacular contrast that only makes him all the more horrifying!

Thank you Noctus, very high praise from one such as yourself!

Little update on my ‘diorama’; you can see where I am going with it. This was literally just them shoved in front of a book to see how they look together -

gallery_46632_13392_580134.jpeg

Getting there!

Next up, we have Brother Willem , so named after his likeness to Willem Defoe!

gallery_46632_13392_623185.jpeg

The head is from Puppetswar, and is one of their Vampire ones with a haircut and Space Marine ear pieces. I have also done a cheeky little photoshop of him living his best life -

gallery_46632_13392_173292.jpeg

“Work is never work when you enjoy it”

Old Karpathian proverb.

I can’t believe that I just found this plog!

I’ve been wanting to make my own successor chapter that had a more of a vampiric theme ( honestly I’ve been playing a lot of total war warhammer and just want to make a vampire counts space marine army) and this plog has been providing great inspiration!

I can’t overstate how helpful this plog has been on giving me a better idea of what I want to do with my marines, it’s been really difficult to find anything on the web.

Thank you!

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

++++++++

Thought for the day: When you're dying of thirst it's too late to dig the well.

I watched as the war dragged on. I watched as he became more cavalier; more reckless with his tactics and use of our swollen number. Blood thirsty routs, even by our standards, became even more commonplace. I could see him falling, hear it in his voice and his anger. The shadow of the Primarch grew stronger. Upon the eve of that final persecution, the Death Vision’s they came and he was taken back to the Great Betrayal. Lo, did he walk the bloody path to honourable righteousness, the moripatris echoing in his soul.

Reflections Within and Without; First Chaplain Constantine on Commander Velghor, M33.

++++++++

gallery_46632_13392_289719.jpeg

Going full nosferatu here - not sure on the Bat/Dr Spock ears yet mind....

gallery_46632_13392_360374.jpeg

....but we are where we are! I wanted to portray the same guy only without hair this time in full Death Co mode.

gallery_46632_13392_277449.jpeg

Expect a Black Colour scheme with Red Saltires. The jump pack is the magnetized one off my Chaplain, and it fits rather well. Also, once the ‘War of the False Primarch’ project is over, Velghor the Lost will be used as my Death Company Captain in 40k, Orlok the Lost - I believe in recycling! Also one of the reasons I wanted to use different armour - Valek will be wearing the ‘Cruoris Plate Indomitus’ in 40k, being the only sane(ish!) astartes to match Velghor’s stature. I imagine Velghor would be put back in his own, albeit fancy, power armour for his final suicide mission :D

Don’t forget to keep checking out apologist’s awesome

www.warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com for updates to the lore of the campaign. Some amazing stuff in there :tu:

Also, thank you for the kind words guys - I really appreciate it.

@Doghouse - I have never held the original book (and probably never will!) but agreed, the artwork is brilliant, and really hits the spot of what I am aiming for with my Flesh Eaters.

@ThatOneMarshal - thank you mate, I am glad to have been some sort of inspiration! I find these fellows a real labour of love as they are so different to normal BA but also so similar - they really politics opinion! I look forward to seeing some of your home brew. Also, have you checked out the Charnel Guard? Created by the late, great Alan Bligh, they an offiaclly recognised Chapter with a brilliant colour scheme, but plenty of scope for home brew they float your boat. I would love to do them, and if I didn’t do Flesh Eaters then it would surely be the Charnel Gaurd who are easily one of the coolest Chapters of recent years.

Edited by Midnightmare

Thank you mate, I think I will be keeping them - they are very Count Orlok after all!

In the meantime, little update as to where I am with this mini-diorama I am attempting. I have finalised the three marines in the foreground, just need to paint their bases.

gallery_46632_13392_578567.jpeg

Next up, the enemy!