• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Many, many thanks guys for your continued interest in the project! For now we have an update....

The infamous "Jaws of Doom" Assault Squad launches a frontal attack on a heavily defended Ork fortress

Or do they......

Here is my attempt at recreating the old Rogue Trader artwork found in the old Warhammer Seige book, only with a twist. As well as the original, I have re-imagined it using the marines of the mysterious Silver Stars, set in the War of the False Primarch M33. Much of the history and information is lost or downright hidden. Perhaps this image was created to hide the original by some administarum adept under the orders of the Inquisition. Some things are, of course, best left forgotten....

The Jaws of Doom, attack -

gallery_46632_13392_792177.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_6045.jpeg

The Orks are my brothers, he has a massive Deathskullz army

gallery_46632_13392_1020081.jpeg

The redacted version -

gallery_46632_13392_731339.jpeg

The Silver Stars; mysterious marines with a Legion sized force with their leader proclaiming to be one of the lost Primarchs. My take on apologist’s beautiful colour scheme. As usual, mine are pretty beat up!

gallery_46632_13392_853793.jpeg

I went for the green power sword so as to tie in the colour scheme with the Deathskullz a little. Closer look at Sgt Gregor here -

gallery_46632_13392_314993.jpeg

.....and of course the original artwork! Clearer than the one I usually use thanks again to apologist. Note the red marking on the Sergeant’s shoulder pad, I have tried to recreate that in a sense, but only a the ‘Rose of the Pentarchy’

gallery_46632_13392_103744.jpeg

I have had a blast attempting to recreate the artwork, hope you like! It was quite tricky to take as the Warhammer Mighty Fortress is, well, quite mighty!

Cheers

Midnight

Thanks very much guys, I have had a blast doing it.

@Doghouse - yes mate, the Orks are my brothers; he has such an awesome army of them it would have been rude not to me thinks. The wall was a cheap buy off eBay, they are getting quite rare now I think.

EDIT:spelling

Edited by Midnightmare

• 2 weeks later...

My current WIP, the Sanguinary Guard! Primaris sized and still a fair bit of work to do, but you get the idea!

gallery_46632_13392_611090.jpeg

......and some close ups of some of the ones closer to paint. Apologies for the black and white but all the different coloured plastics and the putty made my eyes hurt :D

gallery_46632_13392_455317.jpeg

@Majkhel - thanks man, I won’t be adding any specific characters to to this scene, but I am not counting out any more Silver Stars or even one of the other Partisan Chapters. If I were to do any more of the Pentarchy then I am thinking the Charnel Guard as I have a soft spot for them.

@Xenith - much appreciated mate, I have had a great time with these and I hope it shows.

@Grizz - hola my dude!! Yes, like all good vampires it just refuses to die :D :D hoping to get these Sanguinary Guard bois ready for paint, then after that more Eradicators and MOAR DEATH COMPANY. Basically all the fun stuff :tu:

Edited by Midnightmare

• 4 weeks later...

First Sanguinary Guardsman: complete!

gallery_46632_13149_114138.jpeg

gallery_46632_13149_602881.jpeg

Some of the details:

gallery_46632_13149_775695.jpeg

I wasn’t sure at first on the black wings, but it works with the Flesh Eaters darker aesthetic and the weathered gold. It is quite daunting painting a full squad with energy weapons, but so far having a blast with this squad. The next member is 90% complete, so expect him soon.

Cheers!

Thanks mate - I am 90% sure the face was out of the Corpse Cart kit, and bashed with the Sanguinary Guard knee with the halo and grafted I place of the Primaris knee. The other knee was a bit easier being a greenstuff blood drop :tu: