Love everything about this them.... especially the fact the chaplain appears to have a rather large meathook on his belt; good for storing extra heads I assume. I do find it funny that you have a gangsta DC member though, not in a bad way at all though

Hey all, thanks for the very kind (and funny) words B) you nearly forced me into action with a paint brush tonight, but I failed ;) Tomorrow for sure!

@ Coryphaus 101 - I kind of know what you mean. His abdomen is at odds with his hips, i.e. them muscles would stretch if it were real life. The only thing I could do is cover them (nope!), alter his pose (I kind of like it) or as you say draw the eye away. Had a quick mock up just now with some bits just for an idea:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC01581.jpg

Need to chop into the loin cloth to make a 'v' around his belt area and maybe use some different chains, but it kind of works. Loin cloth was from an Attack Bike currently in build.

lol at the Gangster comment Vulkan He'Dan, its for "blastin' them Po-Po, yo"

@ UglyWretch - lol cheers Chris, need to get down and dirty with the Mongers of Death, now I have lots of plasmaguns :D

Cheers y'all :)

very nice take on an army you just dont see anymore

such a shame that they seem to have gone from the codexs and full, i loved the old art work for them, and i think they need to come back seeing as there one of the first chapters showen in the rogue trader book.

i also ways think that GW sort of changed the flesh eaters into the world eaters over the years, bit like the crimson fists and imperial fists.

awesome work, keep it up

I dunno about the loincloth. Maybe once it's seated a bit better as you say. I still maintain chainmail will sort this guy right out. ;-) You could add little blood drop jewels on in place of any chaos insignia. I have a load of the chaos vehicle sprues with the chainmail torsos, if you want I can send a couple of the torsos for you to mess about with? Edited by Biohazard

sweetness. I like the Lemmy convert hes rocking. The Dante convert does not scream Flesh Eater tho. My thoughts are maybe a corvus helm with the halo and the RT jaw paint job. The sword looks alright but needs more jagged-ness to it.

@ Coryphaus 101 - I kind of know what you mean. His abdomen is at odds with his hips, i.e. them muscles would stretch if it were real life. The only thing I could do is cover them (nope!), alter his pose (I kind of like it) or as you say draw the eye away. Had a quick mock up just now with some bits just for an idea:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC01581.jpg

Looks better. I reckon that and a paint job (maybe make the loincloth red with the rest of him gold?) and it should be alright.

Some good ideas here guys, thats why I love this forum. Its a hard one with the Dante counts as as he needs a mask as per the wargear. Hopefully with a bit more work I can pull it off, I have used the Sang Gaurd one with the tear and drilled the mouth out, when I add the rest of the fangs then he will look menacing enough with a bit of luck. Fluff wise, Valek will be the only one in the army with a Death Mask. I do however like the Corvus idea and did try it out (with a Ravenwing one), but wasn't sure. I did also think about a FW World Eater head (my Librarian now sports one of these, next up to be painted) so we will see. As for the sword, that is a place holder at the minute because I have a Bloodletter on order so I plan to combine his sword blade with a Glaive Encarmine hilt, which should leave me with a master crafted power weapon :P

As for the colour, I'm leaning against gold, maybe armour in red and the mask in gold. I may even be painting him in black ;) Reason being I want him to look recognizable as Dante rules wise, but not be a carbon copy or look like another Sang Gaurd.

@ Biohazard - Thanks for the kind offer mate but I am lucky enough to have a brother with a sizable chaos warband with lots of spares and he has already said he would have a rumage for me. Cheers :D

Thanks again for the words of encouragement again guys.

You know, if you ever do a Character in Termie armour, try using Lord Zhufor's helm. Remove the tusks and the Khorn symbol, of course, but that snarling face plate would look really intimidating. Ditto his bare head as well, actually, now I think of it.

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys :P nothing post worthy of late though sorry, just built a Stormraven (which is pretty standard save for a Razorback turret instead of the standard one). Painting is on hold until the 6th ed so as to see what the best load out is for the rest of the stuff (that is my excuse any way!!).

@ Paladin7221 funny you should say that as my helmed version of my Librarian uses a FW Worldeater head. Ha, a Librarian, Khorne will be most displeased ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man, You took the Flesh Eaters to a whole new level!!! All of these models are awesome and sing true to the Flesh Eaters tune :lol:

Awesome conversions and painting! I might have to borrow a few ideas :tu:

Can't wait to see more of your work! Especially the Sanguinor conversion.

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hiltraud

• 1 month later...

You should paint up the plasma gunners! The one with the plasma gun and the knife reminds me of a quote.. Pulp Fiction I believe..

"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' one more Emperor damned time."

or something like that :)

Hey guys, thanks for the continual positive comments on my somewhat ?dormant? thread; it is much appreciated. Well you have spurred me on to an update of sorts, I have finished my redone Librarian and there are some PIP photo?s of Squad Decan. I must apologies for the photo quality though as I can?t find my camera and these are taken with my phone :pinch: Oh well:-

Epistolary Salem

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1-11.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/2-9.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/4-10.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/3-8.jpg

Brother Salem, one of the feared battle psykers of the Chapter. A master of many lores, he can bend the warp to his own will, crushing foes with a mere thought or gesture, or reaching into the minds of his own battle brothers, unleashing the fury of Sanguinius himself; no xeno nor heretic left standing as the Flesh Eaters make their brutal advance in the Emperor?s name??

Salem brings my infantry redux to an end (finally!), and if you knew him before you can see the changes were more than just paint. Helm has been added and I have swapped his sword for a staff/lance/spear/I dunno what it counts as any more lol but rule of cool says its staying!

Next up, pip Squad Decan. These guys are 85% done (sans jump packs and further detail work/tidying up/messying up!) so they should be finished soon.....

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/5-9.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/8-5.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/7-6.jpg

Also coming up soon is a new take on Voivod Captain Valek The Terrible. The counts as Dante further up the page is to be relegated (promoted!!) to Voivod of the Sanguinary Guard due to me re-doing Valek. Reason for this is that some of my gaming group have mentioned doing a Planetary Empires campaign once we have gotten a few more 6th games under our belt and I will need a main protagonist. Valek will be able to count as Tycho, Seth AND Dante, as well as a normal captain. How? The beauty of magnets dear brothers ;)

Wow man, You took the Flesh Eaters to a whole new level!!! All of these models are awesome and sing true to the Flesh Eaters tune :)

Awesome conversions and painting! I might have to borrow a few ideas ;)

Can't wait to see more of your work! Especially the Sanguinor conversion.

Thanks man, as you know, your work was inspirational in making me switch from BA to FE so I am glad you approve. Also, it is great to see that your excellent blog has been, ahem, 'resurected' :lol:

This is very inspirational!

I'll steal your skin color right off this webpage, and there is nothing you can do about it!

No worries brother, you have Pig of Sparta to thank as his was the original recipe (it is in the how too's somewhere on this site - I must re-find the link!). Thanks!

I hate you sooooo much! You and your brother! You guys need to see these in person they are awsome

Don't listen to him, he has been sent by the Inquisition to spy!! :blink: Cheers Jase, much appreciated.

Beautiful work brother.

Why thank you brother :)

You should paint up the plasma gunners! The one with the plasma gun and the knife reminds me of a quote.. Pulp Fiction I believe..

"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' one more Emperor damned time."

or something like that

Heh heh, cheers man. They are quite high up on the list of to do's once I finish my grunts as I am liking how they perform in the 6th. Only thing is my other fun stuff include my FW Death Co. Dread (which I LOVE), a 'Raven, and Valek. But I do like a nice bit of plasma, for when you positively, absolutely want to kill every mofo in the room...oh, wrong film.....

Thanks again for the continued interest, all comments are appreicated good and bad B)

Edited by Midnight Runner

Excellent work!

Love that librarian. The weathering on his helmet's stripe, the eldrich glow on his extended palm, eyes and staff (particularly the glow escaping where his right hand holds the staff). Reminds me a bit of the rime ice described in some HH novels during psychic activity.

These are great! I hate blood angels. I mean it, I'm using the word "HATE" here. But these guys are simply awesome...if only regular BA were this cool. I'd love to see these guys go toe to toe with the Night Lords.