The Word Bearers 18th Chapter

Castiel

My vow is complete! I have 20 Chaos Space Marines and a Sorceror finished before me! :P Unfortunately my camera has run out of battery so I can't take any pictures yet. :) I will get you pictures tomorrow morning. Scout's honour.

This is why:

Good luck.

:D

My vow is complete! I have 20 Chaos Space Marines and a Sorceror finished before me! :P Unfortunately my camera has run out of battery so I can't take any pictures yet. :) I will get you pictures tomorrow morning. Scout's honour.

This is why:

Good luck.

:D

True! :D

Unfortunately later than planned, but we got there:

Sorceror Seltharis:

gallery_62151_6867_185655.jpg

2nd Coterie:

gallery_62151_6867_79542.jpg

gallery_62151_6867_501708.jpg

5th Coterie:

gallery_62151_6867_856232.jpg

gallery_62151_6867_532261.jpg

Vow truly complete, I hope you enjoyed seeing mt pitiful offering, feel free to leave comments and critisicims!

Good start, I would suggest that rather than paint bone by doing bleached bone straight over black that you work over brown to get better coverage and a cleaner colour and maybe hitting it up with some washes to pick out the details. Keep it up though.

Good start, I would suggest that rather than paint bone by doing bleached bone straight over black that you work over brown to get better coverage and a cleaner colour and maybe hitting it up with some washes to pick out the details. Keep it up though.

The Bleached Bone is actually painted over Scorched brown and a layer of Khemri brown. Its the Badab Black wash that makes it look like that. I think I'll maybe repaint the horns at some point with a brown wash instead.

Thanks for the feedback though!

@ Akylas: Thanks, I'm glad you liked them!

For bones unless you want a really dirty looking bone, try a very light wash of gryphonne sepia and if that's not dark enough for you go with a few even lighter washes of devlan mud. I've got some decent examples of both in my blog.

They look good. One question though do you thin your paints? Paint looks a bit thick and if you thin it out a bit it'll look tons better. I had this issue too but once you start thinning them out it becomes much easier.

For bones unless you want a really dirty looking bone, try a very light wash of gryphonne sepia and if that's not dark enough for you go with a few even lighter washes of devlan mud. I've got some decent examples of both in my blog.

They look good. One question though do you thin your paints? Paint looks a bit thick and if you thin it out a bit it'll look tons better. I had this issue too but once you start thinning them out it becomes much easier.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that out! I don't thin my paints, I'll give that a try as well! (spot the novice painter! :unsure: )

Paints too thick... Either you have to thin your paint some or put less on the brush. I also think your models could have benefited with a few more highlights strategically applied. Even highlights on just the face and the hands help. I've done a few red painting tutorials... This one is somewhat popular:

Painting Evil Dark Red

Unless you sealed your models with something truly evil, it is possible to add additional highlights and details even years later. Lowlights are more difficult to add after sealant as it affects how washes flow.

Archived