Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LPC 2012 WIPs - A wayward vow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
So, heres a pic of the models I intent to finish before March 31. The Company master was bought assembled, I added a few bits and started with the paint already. Lastly, theres the command squad still in the box, guess the first update will be those five guys mounted and primed. Till the next one!

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: I guess now the pic will show... It was messed up in IExplorer, but it was showing well on FFox. Now it should be viewable in both explorers.

EDIT II: Sadly the Razor wont make it this time, due to family issues gotta work double turn... meaning less time with the little plastic psychotic assasins in monk robes.

Edited by Wayward, 14 March 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
Sounds great Wayward! However I cannot see the pic! Is it my problem or is there a problem with the link?

Edited by Captain Semper, 12 January 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Don't think I've ever seen a dark angels command squad box before and it's not currently on GW's website. How old is it/where did you get it?

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts

Don't think I've ever seen a dark angels command squad box before and it's not currently on GW's website. How old is it/where did you get it?

It was a limited edition "while stock lasts" It came out on March 2007, by the end of 4th ed, when our last book came out. You can see it displayed on WD #327 if you can get your hands on it :)

Cactus

Cactus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts
It's just the Dark Angel veterans with a generic command squad sprue, so all the parts are still readily available.

Brother Immolator

Brother Immolator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
The battleforce had them in too.

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gif
"Ninety-nine boltershells in my bandolier! Ninety-nine shells in my bandolier! Shoot a heretic down Load another round Ninety-eight boltershells in my bandolier!"

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
A quick pic of the command squad assembled and ready for the paints:

Posted Image

Edited by Wayward, 26 January 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
Good thing you got things underway... but there must be something with the link, can't see it mate :lol:

Edited by Captain Semper, 18 January 2012 - 08:34 PM.

Brother Immolator

Brother Immolator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
I see it,must be something else.

Great job brother keep it up!

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gif
"Ninety-nine boltershells in my bandolier! Ninety-nine shells in my bandolier! Shoot a heretic down Load another round Ninety-eight boltershells in my bandolier!"

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
Yeah, I see them now! They look fantastic man! Keep up the good work!

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Aannnd finished the banner... Now its when I REALLY start painting ;)

Posted Image Posted Image

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
Very nice added detail! I especially like the stuff in the back!

Look fwd for the painted version. And do Asmodai like you thought him! :)

PR_Luzbelito

PR_Luzbelito

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
My friend Wayward, put the brush to the hand and paint for the emperor!!!

You need to shows how good you are painting!! ;)

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Good start looking good.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Well, another update. I dont intend this to be the last one, I´ll just keep posting as I go further. Cam is just beside my workbench, its not thath hard to take some pics, and the feedback keeps one motivated :)

Almost done with "priming", a time consuming phase for me, because I prime directly in the base color for each area. I used to do black priming, but this method suist me better. To the pics!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
:) The company Master is sooooooo cool! :huh: The detail and the robe treatment is just wow!!!

I like your style a lot! This is a very interesting thread indeed. I think you should expand this army after the LPC -it is too good to be just one squad...

EDIT: The apothecary looks very serious and threatening. I hope he looks at the enemy and not his patients. ;)

Edited by Captain Semper, 26 January 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Thanks lad!
You seem to be everywhere encouraging the troops, more than Captain your nick should had been Chaplain Semper :D
There are a few more elements already painted to this army on this very forum, if your search-fu is weak just ask for links :lol:

JaM_naf#6121

JaM_naf#6121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 965 posts

Thanks lad!
You seem to be everywhere encouraging the troops, more than Captain your nick should had been Chaplain Semper :)

+1 to that! ^_^

I don't do signatures, sorry.

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Robes are almost finished, once the models are fully asembled I'll be doing a final highlight, now its time to finish trinkets, pouches and armor so I can make the final assemble. To the pics!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Final pics will be better, and not this crap I posted above, I promise :D

Hexagon Sun

Hexagon Sun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
That's one tooled up bunch of vets! Looking awesome, really nice to see someone add loads of bits on as it's a bit more realistic. As realistic as 7-8ft tall super human warriors can ever be anyways!

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Thanks Brother! They are a command squad and a Company Master, thats why the extra equipment. I wanted everyone sporting a pistol, holsterd or in hand, to par with the 2 base attacks. Gonna try the same with the regular vets, but I dont know if I have that many pistols :D

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
A bit more of work... still crappying the pics... For the next one I'll set up the lights properly so the pics start to show something more than blurry spots of color. Anyway, the spots are slowly taking shape!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Adding lights and assembling the last pieces... as we speak, the two sword arms are in place, the only thing that isnt assemble yet is the company banner, so now theres only final higlights and some clean ups to do. I'll say Im 80% there right now.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Looking good man, keep it up.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
You have some serious talent there Wayward. This is amazing skill!!! The Company Master is just :) ;) B) ! Congratulations - glad you are on the DAs camp!

I've updated your status to 80%!