LPC 2012 WIPs - A wayward vow

Wayward

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3218/comsqd00.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another horrible, horrible pic showing the 90% stage of things...

A few aclarations:

The standar bearer is not on that base anymore. At first I though the banner pole would look better a bit off to one side, si I glued it that way and went on. But when I glued the banner to the pole, the whole thing looked wrong, the "fabric" itself and all the trinkets and stuff hanging from it seemed to defy gravity, and trying to glue the banner at a proper angle didnt work neither, it looke as if the banner pole was broken, so I decided to reposition the whole model placing it on a base thet allowed the banner to look correct gravitationaly speaking.

I snapped the apot head, before I glued the sword arm it looked cool, but with the arm in place it looked dumb, think it looks better now. Cant understand why all marine multipose right arms are stretched and all left arms are outstreched... It force me to convert all the time ;)

Finnaly, a question, is the skull on the sgt. banner too big? Should I use a small one?

These look cool. Love the pose of the Chapter master :rolleyes:. Moreso I love all your banners.

... and yes I'd say use a smaller skull. As is seems a bit visually overpowering given the black quarter's area :rolleyes:

Cheers

I

They look fantastic Wayward! Your attention to (gravitational) detail is commendable (Issac Newton Award coming your way). Well done mate!

I'll join the club for a smaller skull in the sarge's banner. And I know what you mean with the right-angled and outstreched chainsword arms (chainsword being my preferred weapon visually)! But I couldn't put one on my Apothecary as I (unlike you) did not want to reposition the head!

Anyway, could you remind us what's left? They look pretty much done to me! :D

Yep, friends keep telling me that, I keep painting things after theyre done :D

Anyway, heres whats (not) left to do yet:

Light up metallics

Light up green in general (its just base color with a layer of a lighter green ATM)

plasma coils

melta gun

top banner and details on the banner itself

new base for the standart bearer so his banner can make amends with gravity :D

Doesnt loo like much, but I know meself, they wont be done until next week for sure. Anyway, I hope they will be done long before march 31, so dont worry Master of Recruits!

How do you do the green? The one thing that stopped me going any further with my Dark Angels was I couldn't get a decent green for the life of me!

Cracking looking models by the way... :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...

With no further ado, here they are. Finnally finished!! Got to see whats wrong with the camera, it used to take better pics... maybe its the dark green contrasting with the bright robes, I dont know...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9382/cmndsquad02.th.jpg http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/470/cmndsquad01.th.jpg http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/959/cmndsquad03.th.jpg

And heres the link to the Hall of honor

+++CLICKITY+++

This standard bearer is a-ma-zing!!! I like it that you put the number (and the skull) in the black quadrant - I do the same with my 5th Comp. Disciples... :P Moloch kick back-side too!

You have a very high standard and talent Wayward - glad you use it to paint DAs! ;)

And congrats on finishing the vow!

Archived