Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Annual B&C Forum awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
I have a suggestion...

We ought to have a yearly forum awards competition, SEPARATE from the Golden Bolters, The Annual Bolter and Chainsword forum awards

Basically, there are a selection of categories, some suggestions for which i've outlined below, and we nominate members/threads for the appropriate category. Obviously you can't nominate yourself The competition would run at the start of the year, for the previous one.

Following a period of nominations there is a voting period, and then once the voting is over we announce the winners.

Prizes could vary - forum titles, badges, awards etc (maybe on new forum) or maybe even B&C swag? We could ask for donations for prizes too, i'd donate ;)

Some ideas for categories:

Best WIP Thread
Best Hall of Honour thread
Best Tutorial (By a forum member)
Best Overall Thread (Can be WIP, Hall of Honour, informative, etc.)
Friendliest Member
Funniest Member
Most Helpful Member
Most Active Member
Most Respectful Member
Least Recognized Member (That eveyone should know about)
Best Debater
Best Staff Member (Admin/Mod/etc)
Best Quote
Best Landmark Thread (100, 250, 500...etc posts)
Oustanding contribution to B&C Award

I think it would be good fun, and further the community spirit that we all love :)

Thoughts?

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts
Decent idea but I feel it would require someone to take this on personally, which may (or may not) be asking for a mod or an admin to increase their duties. It would certainly need some oversight by them, if not direct hands on involvement. What would be your suggestion, in terms of running it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
Shouldn't need any access level change, other than the ability for users can create a poll when posting a new topic, which i'm not sure if you can do for a single user on this version of IPB, or if its just a usergroups change

Whoever takes this on just needs to open a nomiation thread for each category, and have a prior arrangement with a mod to pin it.

Once nominations are over, they need to create a poll for each category and post it, and that should be it hopefully. I'm happy to help out any way i can, I have experience on IPB

Edited by Cyrox, 16 January 2012 - 08:16 PM.

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
Not quite in the voting vein you had but something similar:

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=244796

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions