Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death From Above

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Brother Theseus

Brother Theseus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts
Right then. For my LPC, I vowed to complete a single 10 man assault squad and one baal predator. At the time of signing up for the challenge, those miniatures looked like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Before posting this thread, I've been working on the Baal Predator, and a few base coats and a heavy wash after:

Edit: I've also been distracted by that thing in the background of all the pics, but unfortunately it's not part of my vow, and I don't see it being completed by the deadline of the vow.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Brother Theseus, 17 January 2012 - 04:02 AM.

Samurai_Eduh

Samurai_Eduh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
Woah, pictures maybe a little too big?

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
Looking good so far. Hey Theseus, didi you use heavy amounts of wash on that tank to achieve that look?

-CC

Baals. Every BA player should have a pair.

Evicerator

Evicerator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
good start so far, pics are big, but forum autosizes and my 15mb cable connection flexed a lil harder than normal, so I wouldn't worry about resizing.

What's in the background? My guess is Thunderhawk, but I'm inclined to think Stormraven.

Looking good so far. Hey Theseus, didi you use heavy amounts of wash on that tank to achieve that look?

-CC

Before posting this thread, I've been working on the Baal Predator, and a few base coats and a heavy wash after:

:)

Brother Theseus

Brother Theseus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts
It was indeed washed heavily with badab black. It's kind of counter productive for me since I bring the red back up on all the flat panels. If you look closely at the second to last picture, the top of the hull has already been shaded up after having the wash applied. Right now, The main hull has been completely brought back up to the state of the top, but I'll post the pictures once I apply some dry brushing for a splashed dirt look.

Oh and the thing in the back is a Stormraven with chapterhouse extensions. Sorry about the picture sizes too, I'll resize them before uploading them next time. Believe it or not they were from my phone camera...

Edited by Brother Theseus, 17 January 2012 - 07:47 PM.

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

good start so far, pics are big, but forum autosizes and my 15mb cable connection flexed a lil harder than normal, so I wouldn't worry about resizing.

What's in the background? My guess is Thunderhawk, but I'm inclined to think Stormraven.

-CC

:)

Heh... I guess that's what I get for only looking at the pics... :) Carry on.

-CC

Baals. Every BA player should have a pair.