Camdoran Crusade

Marshal Reinhard

Small update. Leviathan's coming along nicely, and is at a point where you get a very good idea of what he'll end up like. I think the bling adds just enough color to break up the black and metal. Though I may add just little more in terms of transfers or some scribbling. Also, I as I often do when I paint any vehicle, I question wether to have minor armor plates in white rather than all black, but never actually go for it.

gallery_65134_8775_200364.jpg

Plastic contemptor is progressing. It's in a very messy state and in dire need of clean up, but again should give a good idea of where its headed. I'm a bit unsure with this one, maybe its a bit too plain? Could use more purity seals and what not?

Also, made the choom's green (even though their official fanclub here is adamant about choom's being red) so that they would stand out among all the potential red bling... except I have less red bling than I anticipated... so maybe red chooms is something to consider anyway...? Decisions decisions...

gallery_65134_8775_67404.jpg

Well, the thunder will have been mostly stolen by my previous updates, im at the point where my dreads are now mostly done... again

The final mortis-contemptor based on the affordable BaC plastics:

gallery_65134_8775_172297.jpg

gallery_65134_8775_243366.jpg

And here are couple of different angle shots of the Leviathan:

gallery_65134_8775_109064.jpg

gallery_65134_8775_94768.jpg

And a couple of group pics. Contemptor Dreadnought talon & Leviathan Dreadnought:

gallery_65134_8775_8167.jpg

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought talon & Deredeo Dreadnought:

gallery_65134_8775_167145.jpg

Clearly still in need of cleanup, which I'll eventually get to, but the more immedate focus will be back to other models in BaC.

• 3 months later...

Long time no WIP. Let's remedy that.

First up I have shot of my ETL vow, 3 honour guard:

gallery_65134_8775_210420.jpg

And together with two models that were already done or too far gone with to be included in the vow:

gallery_65134_8775_75512.jpg

And together with the Emperor's champion, just because: gallery_65134_8775_78837.jpg

Banners is left completely black for now

Continuing in the same vein, a command squad:

gallery_65134_8775_164001.jpg

Ditto for the banner

BaC bolter marines:

gallery_65134_8775_40359.jpg

Really feel like I have enough bolter marines, but the BaC box mostly come with those types of arms

Chaplain and proto-chaplain:

gallery_65134_8775_142459.jpg

Cataphractii Marshal:

gallery_65134_8775_103906.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot these two when I made my earlier post. WIP shot of two assassins I got a while back, again too far gone to be included in an ETL Vow

gallery_65134_9442_185908.jpg

Speaking of ETL, I had planned to vow the marine contents of deathwatch overkill, but I found out their 40k formation and such is limited to the agents of the Imperium board (and for good reason perhaps), but I could vow them as counts as something else. Not sure as what though, it'd be a little bit cheeky to make each a space marine captain for instance. Also, can I even bring myself to paint the witch I wonder...

Just spitballin' ideas... if you had some other marines/bits floating about, you could bulk them up into squads...

3 spare jump-packs tacked onto the wolf/DA/Libby and you have a counts-as vanguard squad (and you don't acknowledge the witch)

A few bolter marines with the IH/Ultra and there's a sternguard squad. The biker looks like a captain to me anyway. Then the chaplain is legit already, and I guess your termie would be left over. Of course this may still be a bit too cheeky, plus I suspect that unless you're literally painting them all as Black Templar, they probably get attributed to different sub forums anyway so :P

Maybe it's just not meant to be!

• 4 weeks later...
Also, can I even bring myself to paint the witch I wonder...

NO, YOU CANNOT.

THIS MOMENTARY LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT DETRACTS FROM YOUR YEARS OF DEDICATION AND FAITH. REMAIN STRONG BROTHER AND LET THE EMPEROR'S LIGHT GUIDE YOU.

Archived