Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Commander Proteus' Raven Guard!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Commander Proteus

Commander Proteus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts
Allrighty, let's kick things off. My Vow, for everyone who doesn't memorize those (who does?) was to complete Five Vanguard and Five Close Combat Scouts

The Vanguard are really going to be a "wing" for my Captain, because as we all know, there's no provision for a jump-packed command squad. I just finished building them.

The Scouts are going to be my "riot squad," plunking down in the middle of a table, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. I got the Scouts basecoated, and started with the pre-wash coloring. Metal, white, and skin. I'll probably do more tonight, but here they are for now.

FIRST UPDATE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And there you have it! C+C welcome!

Victory or Death!

-Proteus
We can basically infer that Corax spent the rest of the Heresy roaming from world to world, brutally obliterating as many traitors as was inhumanly possible, with a thirst for vengeance that even Dr. Phil would need several commercial breaks to deal with. That's gonna take some serious gear, a lot of pent up anger, and an oil change at the very least.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts
Looks alright so far. I know they're wip but those scouts need some wash on their faces, stat. ;)

Anyhoo, good luck with the vow. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,624 posts
Looking good!
I'm reading Deliverance Lost at the moment so it's good to see some Raven Guard.

Of the first three Vanguard, what is the middle one doing/going to be doing with his left hand?

Commander Proteus

Commander Proteus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts
@Kierdale
I just finished Deliverance Lost. GREAT inspiration, and a lot more in-depth detail about the Raven Guard.

Anyhow, the middle Vanguard, the one with the waist-cloth and the DA power sword is the "sarge" and the left hand is a Bolt Pistol.

I'm going to completely spoil any tactical surprise by just saying, these guys are here to shred infantry with my Captain. Three Power weapons, and a Plasma Pistol to deal with light armor, or tough infantry at a distance. Captain also has Melta-bombs, Digital weapons, and a Storm Shield, so...don't make fun of his mother, eh?

@Olisredan
Yes, I put some wash on the faces, chest eagles, and metal a few minutes ago. Emperor-willing, I might finish these tonight! Depends on how much Seagram's Ginger Ale is in the mini-fridge, you know? ;)

*SPOILER ALERT*

Ever see purple power weapons and plasma coils? Stick around!

-Proteus
We can basically infer that Corax spent the rest of the Heresy roaming from world to world, brutally obliterating as many traitors as was inhumanly possible, with a thirst for vengeance that even Dr. Phil would need several commercial breaks to deal with. That's gonna take some serious gear, a lot of pent up anger, and an oil change at the very least.

MalevolentMc

MalevolentMc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Very nice overall! Hit these models in their respective areas with their respective washes, and I think you will be very pleased with the simple- yet effective outcome.

Keep painting!

Malev
Peep the Music - New Direction - New Destination - Malevolent MC