Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LPC - Droma

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
I vowed to paint my Azreal and helmet bearer models for the LPC so I guess it's about time I made a thread for them.

Posted Image

Here is a side by side with my Belial and my standard bearer this way you guys will have an idea what the final outcome will look like. I'm thinking about doing grey highlights instead of blue/grey on him but we'll see.
Posted Image

Edited by Droma, 06 February 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,584 posts
Got a good feeling about it Droma! Good luck!

Isiah

Isiah

++ VENATUS EXSECRATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 12,473 posts
Your Belial and standard bearer look awesome man! So you are forgiven that they are Grey Knights ;) Very dramatic painting style. Great banner too.

Cheers
I

gallery_4666_1311_36564.jpg

Keeper of the Dark Fortress

Armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights and a cheeky little Inquisitiorial detachment.
(I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Thanks guys.

@Isiah
I only have 1 box of GK terminators and Draigo as my Belial out of 6 squads of terminators. I'm using 3 as sergeants and one each for my banner bearer and apothecary. I'm also using the glaives as counts as thunder hammers because IMO they look so much cooler and bladed weapons fit the DA so much better.

Brother Immolator

Brother Immolator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
The chapter master himself on the oath WIPs.Nothing better to boost morale and keep this outfit going.
I believe you will do him superb!

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gif
"Ninety-nine boltershells in my bandolier! Ninety-nine shells in my bandolier! Shoot a heretic down Load another round Ninety-eight boltershells in my bandolier!"

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,007 posts
Cool choice D,

Get 'em done mate they'll look great in your epic army.

s

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Looks good.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Added the second layers of paint to the bone and the robes, the banner also has its first coat of paint. The bone is ready to get washed with some sepia, the robes still need a coat of white and some detailing. I also need to paint his skin, paint the angel on the banner, add a coat of blood red to the red sections of the model, and do armor highlights. So basically I'm almost done blocking out colors and I'm about ready to move to detailing.

Posted Image

Lord_Hail

Lord_Hail

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
WOW, yep sums it up. keep it coming i may end up borrowing your paint scheme on Azreal's banner. ( i currently hate the job i did on it and have been looking for a new one)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,584 posts
Looks good! What green did you use for the banner?

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
P3 gnarl green, it's just a touch brighter than dark angels green.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
New update. Azreal is 70% done. I need to do another highlight of the green and work on the flames in the banner as well as do the plasma part of the combi-plasma gun and finish up his face. After that it's on to the helmet bearer.

Posted Image

Edit: I'll do my best to make sure the pictures when he's all done aren't so darn blurry lol.

Edited by Droma, 04 February 2012 - 09:18 AM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,584 posts
Really like this strange green of yours Droma! It looks really unique! Also the black armour really complements the pallete! Well done! - I'll update the LPC - phase II thread with your progress!

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Azreal is now complete. One model down one to go. I'll be starting work on the helmet bearer sometime in the next day or two.

But for now here are the completed Azreal pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,584 posts
Cool! He really looks angry. and the black armour - I know it is supposed to tie with the rest of your army but it really really suits him - even if taken out of context! ;)Do you intend to do anything on the base?

In any case I'd say you're 80% there! Would you agree?

Edited by Captain Semper, 05 February 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
80% sounds right. I plan on eventually getting resin bases for all my models but that will be far into the future. I enjoy playing more than painting so not having scenic bases doesn't really bother me.

Edit: Was thinking of getting either the sanctuary or tech-deck bases from dragonforge. http://dragonforge.c...d_base_sets.htm
Like I said though that's pretty far in the future.

Edited by Droma, 05 February 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Vow complete. Stayed up late painting, pics to come sometime later today.

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
looks amazing, nice work!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,584 posts
Awesome news Droma! Yhe minute you put the pics on, I'll update your progress status to 100% complete!

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts
Here is the final pic of my completed Azreal and helmet bearer. Thanks for viewing the thread, please leave any comments or critques you want. Also, good luck to everyone else trying to complete their vows, lets claim victory for the Lion.

Posted Image

Cactus

Cactus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts
Congratulations on your completed vow brother! The black armour and white robe is really very striking.

I do think you should at least paint the bases, either green or brown, even if you intend to replace them later.

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts

I do think you should at least paint the bases, either green or brown, even if you intend to replace them later.

But then it wouldn't match the rest of my army. :D

JaM_naf#6121

JaM_naf#6121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 965 posts
Very nice, I will probably use this thread for later reference... I should have a blister with this guy and his jawa somewhere... :lol:

I don't do signatures, sorry.

PR_Luzbelito

PR_Luzbelito

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
Your white is awesome. You are going very well with this project and doing a fine job!

I can only criticize the quality of the image. You need to use a good approach and apply either the macro. Maybe you should get a good camera to not waste your talent!

Droma

Droma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 723 posts

Your white is awesome. You are going very well with this project and doing a fine job!

I can only criticize the quality of the image. You need to use a good approach and apply either the macro. Maybe you should get a good camera to not waste your talent!

It's something like a $200 camera. I'm sure it would take better pics if I played with it more but the auto focus always seems to be fighting me. I really wish I owned a digital camera with a lens. I could get much nicer pictures but it'd involve busting out the old film camera, getting film developed, then scanning them in. Which is entirely too much work for this project lol. I'll take another shot at getting decent pictures with what I've got though.

Thanks for the comments guys.