Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Russ Brother's Wolves for LPC/Winter Advance Challenges

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
Okay, I know it's a tad late in the game to sign up but here goes - this is my first painting challege on B&C so C&C is welcome/asked for.

As in both my pledges I am going to be doing 9 Wolf Guard in Power Armour - they all have completely different weaponry/heads.

Warning Picture Heavy

Post #1 - 20/01/2012 - Edit: Posted Pictures
Okay - the beginning pictures are all of the 9 models with their separate pieces - although ALL have been primed with Army Painter Matt Black.

The Legs
Posted Image
Posted Image

Marine 1 - Power Fist/Plasma Pistol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Post #2 - 23/01/2012
Okay I've done the Adeptus Battlegrey basecoat on two of the WG so far - pics will be below.

Marine 2 - Wolf Claw/Storm Bolter

Legs
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Body
Posted Image

Backpack with Banner
Posted Image
Posted Image

All Together
Posted Image

Thanks everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Removed Blurred pictures - taken new ones with a digital camera and uploaded above.

Edited by Russ Brother 92, 25 January 2012 - 08:34 PM.

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

stuka06

stuka06

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts
Yeah sorry, I can't make out anything

Ch@oZ

Ch@oZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts

Yeah sorry, I can't make out anything

I second that. Knowing the bits i can basically somewhat imagine what is going on there, but can't provide any constructive criticism with this pic quality.

41566861885_51b6792670_o.png

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
I know - I'll try to find my camera and retake (although two of the guys have base-coat paint on) - really sorry guys.

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

Tybrus

Tybrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
I see it I see it ... The First one is Bigfoot... The Second one is The Lockness Monster, and the final one I am pretty sure if a UFO...

Brother Captain Tybrus
Imperial Fists 4th Company

"Dorn led his men into the heart of the Iron Warrior defences. The battle should have favoured the treacherous trench-fighters, but the Imperial Fists endured. They countered every ambush and fought their way out of every trap. Rogal Dorn was a colossus who personally turned back attack after attack. Ammunition expended, Brothers fought in half-flooded trenches with combat knives, giving and expecting no quarter. Eventually it became apparent that the Iron Warriors could not finish them." -Index Astartes: Imperial Fists

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts

I see it I see it ... The First one is Bigfoot... The Second one is The Lockness Monster, and the final one I am pretty sure if a UFO...

ahh I see you missed out Cthulu aka no.4 xD - although good news I'm borrowing a mates camera tomorrow so I'll be able to re-take the pics and put them up, then I can finally get back to painting the blasted things :D

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Nice the basecoat is even and black?
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
@Grimdarkness haha thanks I think.

I've done the basecoat for a couple of the models so far I'm now going to get cracking on basecoating the rest and moving onto weapontry etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited - post was void and posted pictures in OP.

Edited by Russ Brother 92, 26 January 2012 - 01:15 AM.

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
Post #3 27/01/2012

Okay it's now a week since I started and I've finally got round to basecoating the rest of the pack - I'll have pics up later of the whole pack up later today - hope you enjoy, I've kept all the pieces for the models separate so although a couple have both arms glued, most have one arm glued and all have legs/heads/backpacks separate allowing me to paint up the lovely details on each without it getting too fiddly.

Edited by Russ Brother 92, 27 January 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Momento Mori

Momento Mori

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
Kudos to you for having the patience for painting before assembling! Looking forward to some updates -_-
[img=http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/Chamber_Militant/Vow2012.gif]

Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition...

[color=#8B0000][url=http://whencannonsfade.com/][color=#8B0000]When cannons fade... [/color][/url][/color]

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
haha thanks - I've just got to take the pics and then I'll put them up here - I've learnt the hard way especially with the new axes and the shiney new torsos that if you do it all glued together you end up not being able to paint most of the torso details.

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
Warning - Pic Heavy!!

[Post #3 - 31/01/2012 - new pictures]

Right, RL has been hectic but I've finally got the time to upload some new pictures of the minis - they're all based coated.

Power Fist/Bolt Pistol
Posted Image
Posted Image -

Twin Wolf Claws
Posted Image -

Wolf Claw/Storm Shield
Posted Image -

Power Fist/Plasma Pistol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Frost Blade/Standard/Bolt Pistol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Frost Axe/Storm Shield
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Power Weapon/Storm Bolter
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope you like it brothers - C&C Welcome...

Edited by Russ Brother 92, 31 January 2012 - 09:02 PM.

Momento Mori

Momento Mori

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 198 posts
Love the addition of the Termie axe lol! that's one mean looking mutha haha!
[img=http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/Chamber_Militant/Vow2012.gif]

Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition...

[color=#8B0000][url=http://whencannonsfade.com/][color=#8B0000]When cannons fade... [/color][/url][/color]

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
thank you haha - I never liked the idea of a frost axe being a little tiddly thing, I envision it as something that even a super-beast arnie style marine would have trouble swinging for hours - so it had to be the termie one, whereas my little axe is just a power axe :D

it also gives me more space to practice lightnight styalisation for the frost axe haha

back OT - what do you think of them so far? (I know it's only basecoat and I should have the weapons and furs basecoated over the next coupla days).

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
#bump#

Okay - my camera's in the shop getting repaired (the delights of young nieces)... so I'll be cracking ahead with these guys over the weekend and hopefully have them mostly done by monday/tuesday next week and have some nice pictures to show you all :D

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
[bump]

I've now done a lot more work - 2 are fully painted + details, all the rest are mostly done just need to do the detail work, so once my camera's up and working I'll have more pictures up and should soon have them all done and dusted.

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts
[bump]

Okay last post in here, I'll be posting pics of the 9 guys completed (finally got round to it) thanks for the support brothers/sisters.

Pics To Follow

Okay pics of the full unit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

and last one with the 1st member of the Wolf Guard lurking at the back.

Posted Image

Hope everyone likes - both Winter's Advance AND LPC Vows Complete.

Edited by Russ Brother 92, 02 March 2012 - 07:37 PM.