Russ Brother's Wolves for LPC/Winter Advance Challenges

Okay, I know it's a tad late in the game to sign up but here goes - this is my first painting challege on B&C so C&C is welcome/asked for.

As in both my pledges I am going to be doing 9 Wolf Guard in Power Armour - they all have completely different weaponry/heads.

Warning Picture Heavy

Post #1 - 20/01/2012 - Edit: Posted Pictures

Okay - the beginning pictures are all of the 9 models with their separate pieces - although ALL have been primed with Army Painter Matt Black.

The Legs

gallery_59855_6882_3005272.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_1750917.jpg

Marine 1 - Power Fist/Plasma Pistol

gallery_59855_6882_2607665.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_1560666.jpg

Post #2 - 23/01/2012

Okay I've done the Adeptus Battlegrey basecoat on two of the WG so far - pics will be below.

Marine 2 - Wolf Claw/Storm Bolter

Legs

gallery_59855_6882_1661454.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_2033926.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_423965.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_445346.jpg

Body

gallery_59855_6882_865528.jpg

Backpack with Banner

gallery_59855_6882_5599.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_1810414.jpg

All Together

gallery_59855_6882_12584.jpg

Thanks everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Removed Blurred pictures - taken new ones with a digital camera and uploaded above.

I see it I see it ... The First one is Bigfoot... The Second one is The Lockness Monster, and the final one I am pretty sure if a UFO...

ahh I see you missed out Cthulu aka no.4 xD - although good news I'm borrowing a mates camera tomorrow so I'll be able to re-take the pics and put them up, then I can finally get back to painting the blasted things :D

@Grimdarkness haha thanks I think.

I've done the basecoat for a couple of the models so far I'm now going to get cracking on basecoating the rest and moving onto weapontry etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited - post was void and posted pictures in OP.

Post #3 27/01/2012

Okay it's now a week since I started and I've finally got round to basecoating the rest of the pack - I'll have pics up later of the whole pack up later today - hope you enjoy, I've kept all the pieces for the models separate so although a couple have both arms glued, most have one arm glued and all have legs/heads/backpacks separate allowing me to paint up the lovely details on each without it getting too fiddly.

haha thanks - I've just got to take the pics and then I'll put them up here - I've learnt the hard way especially with the new axes and the shiney new torsos that if you do it all glued together you end up not being able to paint most of the torso details.

thank you haha - I never liked the idea of a frost axe being a little tiddly thing, I envision it as something that even a super-beast arnie style marine would have trouble swinging for hours - so it had to be the termie one, whereas my little axe is just a power axe :D

it also gives me more space to practice lightnight styalisation for the frost axe haha

back OT - what do you think of them so far? (I know it's only basecoat and I should have the weapons and furs basecoated over the next coupla days).

#bump#

Okay - my camera's in the shop getting repaired (the delights of young nieces)... so I'll be cracking ahead with these guys over the weekend and hopefully have them mostly done by monday/tuesday next week and have some nice pictures to show you all :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[bump]

Okay last post in here, I'll be posting pics of the 9 guys completed (finally got round to it) thanks for the support brothers/sisters.

Pics To Follow

Okay pics of the full unit.

gallery_59855_6882_1157852.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_715809.jpg

and last one with the 1st member of the Wolf Guard lurking at the back.

gallery_59855_6882_590762.jpg

Hope everyone likes - both Winter's Advance AND LPC Vows Complete.

Archived