LPC WIP - Deathwing Command Squad

CAM77

Congratulations on Your vow completion. Those models are awesome (in form and colour); their elegance is so baroque.

I would only change the text on the "sceptre/pole" from "1st Legion - Deathwing" into "Legio I - Ala Mortis (or Deathwing)"; even better would be "Cohors I - Ala Mortis" which is 1st Cohort (Company in our case, since 10 Cohorts formed a Legion in Roman Army), Deathwing...

Cohors I - Ala Mortis = 1st Company - Deathwing

Legio I - Angelus Tenebrae (Obscurus - option) = 1st Legion - Dark Angels

Keep up the good work!

Bests...

Edit:

By the way; this would be Grand Master Belial:

BELIAL

PIL·PR·MAGISTER·GENERALIS

COH·I·LEG·I

ANGELVS·TENEBRAE

or;

Pilus Prior (Primus Pilus) - this is the title of a Centurion of the First Cohort, and since Dark Angels have Masters and Grand Masters, it is Magister, I used Magister Generalis for the Grand Master since it was used by the Teuton Order; which in some aspects are similar to Dark Angels (of course they also resemble Black Templars, too). Then it is COH I which is short for Cohors I (Prima) - First Cohort, but since this is a part of title it will be read Cohortis Primae - of the First Cohort; then LEG I - Legio I (Prima), again for the "of Legion I" is Legionis Primae; shortenings were common in Roman writing because of saving time and space since it was often chiselled in stone.

All this would read like: Belial, Pilus Prior Magister Generalis Cohortis Primae, Legionis Primae Angelus Tenebrae or Belial, Grand Master of the 1st Company, 1st Legion Dark Angels.

Wow! Great work there, and so unique. I'd be over the moon to have the unit as the centre piece of my army. Only thing I can suggest (and I feel guilty for saying it as the unit is so good) is to replace the hammer on the "angel of death" standard. Normally I'd say replace it with a sword to match the knightly feel of the DA, but in this case an axe to match the "Lion Guard"?

Thanks for the replies, guys, I'm glad you like the unit! Louis, I do agree about the hammer on the standard, it is something I thought about after I decided to change the hammers into axes, and is one small change I will probably be making to that guy. Thanks Uhr for the feedback on the banner as well, "Latinizing" the text would be a very cool touch, but for right now the english will do (It was such a pain in the neck to get right that I'd hate to erase it now :D ) Maybe when I get around to changing the hammer I will have worked up the courage to change the text :P

Overall I'm happy with the results, I just wish I had a better camera, as the flash on mine makes the results look much worse than they actually are in person. Maybe I can borrow a good camera from somebody and post up new pics at some point. Thanks again for all the great feedback, now I need to decide what my next project will be --another deathwing squad (I already have a cool idea for the next one), or get started on my ravenwing (tons of cool ideas too :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived