Grandmaster lisander's BA LPC

I, grandmaster lisander of the Blood Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 drop pod, one 5 man terminator squad and one 5 man devistator squad on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

prepare for what is to come.......

I'd very much recommend you prime after assembly for most models, but especially the drop pod. The reason is that the primer makes for a weak glue bond as well as creating a mess where you clip the models off sprue and need to file the mould lines. The drop pod is an extremely temperamental model to build and you need the best gluing surface as possible to make the job less of a head ache.

I know it's a little late now, but I've done this my self thinking it would be a good idea only to regret it later on. Anyway good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.

ok well im not saying my vow is cokplete, i still have to add some little details to the models but here is my final update befor i clame vow complete.

med_gallery_21873_6905_1125305.jpg

med_gallery_21873_6905_1299638.jpg

med_gallery_21873_6905_1004564.jpg

just about another day or two depending on the amount of work i have (and if my wife lets me paint haha.) i should be done. see you all on the bounce.

great stuff,very quick too,do you scratch off the paint before you glue??

the drop pod looks really well done with the atmosphere/re-entry burn :)

good concept on the termie sgt..or is it a captain??

someone loves Plasma!! :) also are you going to flock the bases??

cheers Mithril

I do a solid base coat of plastic binding paint (turns out works really well), while it’s still on the spruce, remove my models, then do my trimming and scraping. After this I do a single coat of Mechrite Red, followed by a dry brush of blood red. I then do my edging and small detailing ( joints, wires etc.) after this I pin and glue my models together, let it dry, then do my final detail and patch work. For the worn combat look I lightly brush with badab black, it gives it a kind of grungy, worn out look to it.

This is a system I developed from doing small airplane models, helicopters and ships. It lets you do lots of detailing and no matter how you look at the model there is detail there, no missing areas. I do do a assembly line kind of with my models, this makes doing large groups quite easy so I generally can knock out a full squad in about 2 days, if my wife lets me paint for about 4-5 hours both days.

As to the termis, yes I have decided to make all my sergeants in this look so I can also break them off and make a sanguinary guard looking term squad.

The plasma, while pricey, is really good against necrons, I have 1 squad of las and one of plas and they tear through 4/5 necron vehicles and squads. Nothing like the smell of turning robots into to slag.

and yes i am goingh to be doing some basing bit i think im going to do a kind of starship/ metalic floor kind of thing. if it works out i may do an article about it.

Looking good there, man! Pretty nifty Dev squad I must say :angry:

Some good progress here. Although the Termi sarge reminds me of 'COME AT ME BRO!' :)

And definitely do some basing. I didn't base my minis when I started, and I always felt like something was missing. After doing the bases, I knew what that was. It makes such a difference. :P

Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Good job! :D

I'm really digging the golden Terminator, he looks mean. Bonus points for the 3rd Ed 'dex in the background!

Be sure to post in the LPC main thread of your completion, if you haven't done that yet.

Archived