SWycked's Knights - LPC WIP

@Ludovic: Thanks, will do! :D

@Kuma Khan: Stuff just got real. B) :P I have a league I want to play in, and want to get these done for the league. Motivation is a wonderful thing!

And of course, there will be more pictures ;)

@dijital_llama: Thank you :D The painting is coming. I doubt it'll be terribly pretty, but I just need to get them done for this league. ;)

@Rune Priest Ridcully: Thanks! Yeah, there will be a uniformity of painting level... Unless I'm magically better with the last models done than the first models done :lol: And yeah, somehow, those Xeno Psyker Kittens just moved into my apartment. I still haven't found a way to get rid of them ;)

Basically, yes. Though for speed's sake I may cleave more closely to the 3rd edition picture- silver forearms and weapons and shoulder pads, and maybe a knee or two, add some gold to taste. I'm also leaning towards green eyes on the helmets, but we'll see.

Something like this:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/SomePsycho/spacemarine-1.jpg

EDIT: Quick update. All 26 models in the 750 point list are built and coated with primer. You all know what that looks like, so no pictures for now :P

:) no worries Ludovic.

I do too, Ah-a ;)

So I went to the meeting for the escalation league last night.

Disappointment :)

Only a handful of people showed up, not nearly enough for the league. They're going to reduce the games-played-per-week requirements and try again in a month.

But I still have the LPC vow hanging over my head. Never fear! I'll get these minis done for the B&C, even if the LGS league isn't happening :P For the honor of the +OI+ :unsure:

I picked up a sweet magnifier + light deal, and tried it out on some models last night.

I did some basecoating of models in the few places the primer missed, and then I notice that the shades of black are different.

B)

So I'm going to have to paint each entire model with a base coat of black. :P

I also did a test of some silver on the letters and decorations on one model, using the lit magnifier, and that thing helps so much. The model will still need some touch ups, but far, far less than what it would have otherwise needed without the magnification helping me.

Now I can honestly say that I'm a tactician, not a painter or modeler; I'm not enjoying the painting process. Maybe I'll feel different after I get some completed minis, but right this moment, painting is a chore.

but right this moment, painting is a chore.

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, I know from personal experience that it's not fun in the beginning, but after churning out a couple of models and practicing on a regular basis, you should start to enjoy it :P Well, I hope you will :P

Very best of luck then!

Ludovic

Archived