E Tenebrae Lux 2012 WIP

MadDoc

MadDoc, your stuff is really good. Every mini is posed nicely and your painting is great. especially like your guide for doing robes. i shall use it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

So some paint has finally found its way onto a certain model...

gallery_17624_7514_48505.jpggallery_17624_7514_65454.jpg

Edit- The blasted flash makes things look much brighter than they are. ;) Annoying.

Not much of an update, but I felt like being a tease... :P

---------------

MadDoc, your stuff is really good. Every mini is posed nicely and your painting is great. especially like your guide for doing robes. i shall use it myself.

Thank you for the kind words and high praise.

It's taking shape alright... How do you plan to proceed? I mean the green will have to be darkened somehow... Will you go for black ink (what's the new one called? Nuln Oil?). This does the trick usually and helps with shading in one go! :)

Whatever you do I look fwd to it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

MadDoc this is beutiful! I am counting all these details you added to him... chainmail, the rivets, the pelt, the red ribbon... Not to mention the amazing shield- wow -just wow!

I really want to see the rest of the squad! :(

Keep it up!

A quick update from my sick bed... Amael 99.99% done (I still want to add some trim to his robe and a couple of extra details to his cloak).

gallery_17624_7514_31743.jpggallery_17624_7514_25207.jpggallery_17624_7514_176795.jpggallery_17624_7514_301442.jpggallery_17624_7514_107904.jpg

I'm now working on the Apothecary (basecoating is in progress), and I'll try to get through him and the remainder of the squad in short order (so that I can actually get my vow done on time).

Scary ba****d this one!!! Well done MadDoc - you made a really unique Champion for yourself... Two-handed sword really kicks butt! :( It sure is a focal point for any army - the shield is really superb! wow man, just wow... Good use of the back packs! :P

So apothecary next? Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Those vials man, how did you do them? They're just awesome! This is a really scary Apothecary (as all apothecaries should be)! The helix-like detail in the edge of the robes is a great touch not to mention that the light on the back pack follow the direction of the eyes - you're an artist MadDoc! And love oversized swords! (maybe I should look into that! :eek)

I always worry, but less so with you! I'm sure you'll see this through! Good luck!

Archived