Belial WIP and Cyclone

smellyfox

Here is the first model I've painted in 15 years! Not nearly as nice of some of the awsome stuff Ive seen people post on here, but I'm pretty happy with him!

Ive not done the base or chapter markings yet as I plan to do those all as a batch.

Also here is Captain Belial, who should be painted in a couple of days.

Any comments and criticisms welcome!

gallery_60888_6930_799422.jpg

gallery_60888_6930_120544.jpg

gallery_60888_6930_965410.jpg

gallery_60888_6930_468190.jpg

Thanks Isiah and Capt Semper.

I'll start work on him today, so should hopefully be finished by then!

Then you should join the LPC brother, and help the Dark Angels achieve glory over the other chapters!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=244493

first mini in 15 years you say? that's pretty cool, welcome back to the unforgiven!

I like that first termy, I'm quite a fan of that colour for Deathwing!

Hmm, interesting! I have 2 DW squads and a command squad, plus Belial at the moment so I guess that could be the challenge for the LPC.....

Yeah first mini in about 15 years! I believe my last painted model was a Black Legion sorceror back in the day.

Thanks for the kind words Tengo, better get cracking.....

Smellyfox

Excellent Smellyfox - I see you made your vow!!! The DAs are die-hard for sure! :tu:

Btw if this thread is going to be your LPC WIP thread, I suggest you edit your vow post with a link to this thread so that the mods can track you easily...

For the Lion!!! Best of luck!

Excellent progress Smellyfox! Don't know about how it looks with naked eye but the picture here is very decent. You know what? I just noticed the Iron Halo! ;) Very nice touch!

So how much would you say is complete by now?

Haha yes, I had to include the iron halo, I think its silly he dosen't have one in the rules. Perhaps he broke it?

Still a long way to go Captain S, I'm having a break for a while. Many layers of bleached bone and then detailing to follow...

I'm actually torn as to what colour to paint the banner. Any suggestions? I think the DW logo should be red, and I'd like some sort of capaign honours in the bottom left box. But Still not sure about the background.

Cheers

Smellyfox

Re: the banner try DA Green with a white vertical stripe in the middle - I want to do this myself for my Disciples. I do not envy your work with white- it's a color I just cannot do! ;)

So 40% to completion an accurate estimate would you say?

Working time wise I'd say more like 20% complete. Bleached bone is a **** to work with, even over the deneb, and especially with my lack of painting experience.

Will have a play around with the banner, cheers for the tip!

Got it! ;) Check out the LPC - phase II thread, I think you'll like it!

Progress made, although lots of touching up still to be done. Its funny how many more mistakes you can spot in the photo compared to with the naked eye! Not sure about the gold shield yet.... it does look better in the flesh and will look allot better with an icon on it I'm certain.

I recon 85% complete!

gallery_60888_6930_108642.jpg

Archived