***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

It was less than a day that the forces send to reclaim the mysterious chapter relic had returned victorious.Nobody except the inner circle knew about its significance.Despite the fact that the planet was a hotbed of resistance,despite the fact that the chapter faced traitors,mutants,deamons,aliens and unsurprising loyalist marine chapters that were reluctant to allow the Dark angels to reach their objective,the chapter...

Nay...THE LEGION!Had suffered precious few casualties.The unforgiven had deployed en mass.A cold steel rain...An unstoppable tide of marines and armor.

Thousands upon thousands of battle brothers from all the unforgiven chapters.United in one vision one purpose.

Concentrators,Guardians of the Covenant,Angels of redemption,chapters that the imperium was not aware of their existence,and after the outcome of this war will never be,even the mysterious Disciples of Caliban,all deployed as one and first among equals stood the ancient standards of the Dark angels.

Yes the planet below was blessed with a sight that has never been witnessed before the great crusade.The first born,the first legion,those the emperor entrusted before all his sacred quest,stood indomitable and as one once more after ten millenia.

Who could hope to stand against the sons of the Lion really?Even the Grey knights,those supposed paragons of 'purity' and strength at arms had fallen.Who could hope to withstand to those men who fought down there?Names that will be engraved forever into the Legions history, alongside the names of heroes such as the former chapter masters,or the Scout Naaman,names that the newest members will learn to respect and aspire too.Names such as:Captain Semper the master of the Dark angels 10th company who became a beacon of light and leadership during this dark crusade, Brother StobZ who led a linebreaker squadron and devastated entire fortified positions in mere minutes or the scout known a Vazzy who immediately after the conflict was promoted to tactical sergeant after his exploits on the field or the master of the Guardians of the covenant whose only heraldry had been a single yellow stripe...

Such were the thoughts of brother Immolator as he stood silent in the Rocks armory performing the rituals necessary to clean and bless his trusted Stalker pattern boltgun, the gun that had claimed the lives of those who would betray the secrets of the legion, his former battlebrothers who once wore the same obsidian black armor.His right shoulder pad bearing the icon of the deathwatch and the inquisition, gleamed into the faint light.Satisfied with the sound of chambering his old gun,he could not shake a feeling of loss, for his role into this conflict.Small it was but his loyalty to the chapter demanded a high price: that he come against those that he had served once with, the very ones who bored the same symbol on his right shoulder. What was he thinking about?Those were lesser men, his very role amidst them in years past was not to serve them but act as the eyes and ears of the inner circle among them. And his mission was successful.

None survived to report what transcribed on that distant planet. And none will if they hope to pursue this any further. The symbol of his left shoulderpad was the one that bore the highest weight. His real battle brothers those in the legion, proved it, and he needed to know no more.

With a smile he vowed that he will continue to protect them, staying amidst those week minded fools who seek to expose the secrets of the legion. And like his brothers who fought in the light,wage his own war from the shadows. Yes with the recovered relic in the hands of the inner circle and the incineration of the planet to disclose all evidence, the inquisition would not stay calm for long...The inner circle has spoken,None shall stand among the legion and its redemption.And that was all he needed to ease his thoughts and cast off any regrets...

For the Lion,for the emperor,for his very battlebrothers...

^

Well said Brother. Well said.

Alright! Tactical Sergeant, awesome.

Thanks bro,i wonder though,am i blind or there is nowhere a thread with the results about the LPC yet?

EDIT:Scratch that:I reread ze Captains post,there isnt one yet.

A thought:Is there an art drawing capable brother among us who has the time and is willing to create an image of a true scroll of honor hanging from the DA inner sanctum with the names of the brothers who participated in the campaign and post it?

I think it will make an excellent memorabilia,alas i would do it but i have no skills in that department.

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is...

^_^ ^_^

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Good call Uhr, I'd noticed that too. ^_^

Talk about adding brilliant to awesome - a record number of completed vows, record % completion rate, and the total completed vows equal the answer to The Answer! ^_^ ^_^

Kudos to all of those who successfully completed their vows and to Cap in particular for being such a strong motivator/heckler/haranger. Brilliant work all around.

For the Lion!

AWESOME news Brothers!!!!

I've been away from the interweb for the weekend, but I knew we would prevail.

My thanks to Capt S on top of other praise, but the brothers of this subforum have done themselves proud.

What is the question?

s

I could not be happier to count myself amongst such dedicated and loyal battle brothers. I'd like to extend a personal thank you to Captain Semper for his peerless efforts in organizing everyone's WIP threads and keeping everyone motivated, without you I don't think we'd complete even half of the vows.

While I didn't participate, and to avoid going down everyone's threads and commenting in general, I'd like to just say that you guys all did awesome! The work put forth in the last few months on this board shows a lot of love for the Dark Angels and their successors and it's great how well everything has turned out for all you guys. I'm more than happy to count myself among the battle brothers of the First Legion, for we really are the Honoured and the Emperor's Wrath, as you all displayed to all the other B&C painting challenge participants!

(And hopefully I'll be in a more stable work situation next year so I can go ahead and complete a vow!)\

Edit: It is really funny the number of completions. ;)

Well done everyone, and well done Cap'n Semper.

Paint-bug struck here too; managed to paint a scout squad for my GotC, and started with my second squad of marines for the same army. :)

Thanks...! I guess. :P

Seems to be more than a couple of late finishes. Will these be allowed/counted? I have never done this before. Are we still ahead by a large margin? Has anyone done the counts recently?

Best,

Paul

@ Pbenner: Relax brother. They'll need another LPC with us doing nothing to challenge our position. Now we sit tightly until final results are out. Then a full analysis will be made available. But we need to give Sigismund some time to get all the late comers in. Not to worry tho. Nothing stands in the way of the Dark Angels.

@ Neo: everything has been taken care of brother. ;)

Guys the final results are out. The thread I promised with some stats will be up shortly! Thanks you once mor for you kind words, this has been a lot of fun!

@ Puck: Sigismund Himself has not put the "vow complete" sign next to your name but counted your completion to the total. So no worries! :)

It's official http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...5&start=725

1st legion indeed. No single chapter can stand up to the combined might of the Dark Angels!

You mean even the combined might of all the other forums can't stand up to the might of the Unforgiven. ;) B)

For ease of reference here are the final numbers copied from Sigi Himself's post:

Dark Angels - 42 (81%)

Blood Angels - 24 (40%)

Black Templars - 21 (44%)

Index Astartes - 15 (41%)

Chaos Ascendant - 10 (32%)

Legio - 9 (53%)

Space Wolves - 9 (43%

Liber Astartes - 9 (38%)

Ultramarines - 7 (58%)

Ordos Inquisition - 5 (24%)

Homegrown Rules – 1 (100%!)

Adeptus Mechanicus - 0

An overwhelming and decisive victory... what I would call and OVERRUN ASSAULT!!! I have been a member of this forum since 1998.. 14 long years and apart from the time of the Eye of Terror campaign there hasn't been a proder moment for me to see this community come together and achieve something of this magnitude. :lol:

SG

Archived