***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

Another 100% completion guys - this time it's Smellyfox! All hail another hero of the Chapter!

Congrats again Smelly, with your completion our success rate increased above 20% already!!! Bravo and well done!

***TO MAKE THE MODS LIFE EASIER AND TO AVOID CONFUSION PLEASE POST THE COMPLETED VOWS IN THE OFFICIAL LPC-2012 THREAD HERE ALONG WITH A LINK TO YOUR WIP THREAD***

I tried sending a pm to sigismund himself with my 100% completion update but his inbox seems to be full. I edited my original vow post in the thread with my vow complete status and the link to my wip thread. Hopefully the mods go through that thread again when the contest is over to check for updates. I didn't participate last year so I'm not sure how it works.

@ Stobz: Nice to hear you're so advanced with your vow! Congrats! I'll update the list accordingly.

@ Droma: The way I understand it is that it's Brother Tyler who is running the LPC project currently. No need to PM him though. The reason I suggest you make a new post is that it'll be easier for him to pick it up. Rewiewing 20-odd pages (subject to grow mind you) is a daunting task and actually he might miss it. It's no biggie either way as I'm sure the final results will be cross checked like a million times but just to avoid confusion, a new post will always draw the mods attention more easily. Up to you really. As I said nothing will go amiss eventually (not on my watch). :angry:

++ LION’S VENGEANCE – HUNTER CLASS DESTROYER OF THE CONSECRATORS CHAPTER++

+THE BRIDGE+

In the half light of the bridge, Amadis was looking at the planet below. The bridge was silent despite normal activity as everyone was about his business in an automaton-like fashion. Even non-servitor officers were about their routine tasks in silent efficiency.

The small transport “Aura of Justice” had docked on the “Lion’s Vengeance” and its single passenger was on his way to largest vessel’s bridge. Amadis reviewed the latest data send by Veteran Sergeant Oertha and smiled under his skull-shaped helmet.

- What is the progress Brother-Chaplain? The newly arrived helmet-altered voice violated the silence.

- The progress is satisfactory Master Enoch, said Amadis turning slowly to face the 6th Master. We have captured more than 20% of our objectives already. We are getting closer to claiming LPC-12!

- So 20%... Well done Brother... However we still need to push harder.

- Indeed! We are only two objectives away from achieving a quarter of our goals. We have to maintain momentum. This is imperative! I request that I join our forces on the surface.

- Permission granted Brother-Chaplain! I will take command of the bridge now.

Amadis walked out of the bridge in a hurry towards the drop-pod bay where “Aura of Justice” was still docked.

;)

Well, Amadis is right! We have completed more than 20% of our total vows by now. We still have 1½ months to go – so now it’s the dangerous period! Initial enthusiasm begins to wane while the deadline is still far in the horizon to provide a credible motive. However the next couple of weeks are the most important as, if we show laxity (apart from earning ourselves a lifetime of heresy :P) we might lose focus and become disheartened/indifferent. If this occurs, getting back on the horse would a difficult process and chances of fail will materially increase! So let’s keep the moral high, let’s keep the production line going, where others will go about their lives saying “we have time for this – deadline’s more than a month out” we will be meeting objectives and delivering on our vows!

The Lion’s appetite is not sated yet! Never Forgive – Never Forget!

To the brush!!! ^_^

***TO MAKE THE MODS LIFE EASIER AND TO AVOID CONFUSION PLEASE POST THE COMPLETED VOWS IN THE OFFICIAL LPC-2012 THREAD HERE ALONG WITH A LINK TO YOUR WIP THREAD***

Thank you Captain Semper for organising this and just to re-emphasise that you do need to post in the original thread if you want a link to your WIP thread to be added. Please also post there when you've completed your vow.

Spoken like a true Master of recruits ;D You are of course 100% correct, I think now is the time to organise a very rough painting schedule and set personal mini-challenges to ensure the deadline is met.

My current strategy; sub-vow, you could say, is to basecoat at least one terminator a day. I'm just slapping on a load of thinned dheneb on my primed terminators in between waiting for paints and inks to dry on my very nearly finished Asmodai.

After the basecoating is done, I can knock out batch jobs on at least 5 termies a time, so it'll be smooth sailing.

All of my units are in full swing, going at a good pace, with just Belial relatively unstarted (I want to reserve a week or two at the end for him) Asmodai is 97% complete, one set of termies in the process of basecoating, another set just waiting to be primed, and my Ven dread is about 30% painted.

I've also been eyeing up the Death Korps of Krieg on FW, I don't really like much of their Space Marine stuff on there, but for years, I've always wanted some Death Korps, so I'm resisting from rushing to buy some when I get paid tomorrow, and instead, I'll leave them to be a nice reward when I complete my vow on time, it's pretty effectively motivating I gotta say!

Sorry, I am still floating around 50%. It ain't easy when you can only paint on the weekends. Still, having a lot of fun with it and some people seem to like my ideas. Kind of sucks that I don't have a steady hand.

And another hero of the Chapter, brothers! This time is Grand Master Neo with a 100% completion! Congratulations Neo - well done!

Now the next person to complete will bring us to 25% of total! who's gonna have the honor? :lol:

VOW COMPLETE!!! Wow, that feels good to say. Will post up some pictures soon.

Keep it up team, had it not been for everyone's enthusiasm and constantly updated WIPs I wouldn't have been nearly as motivated; let's do this!!

Another Hero of the Chapter! Congrats skink!!! Your vow brings the completion rate of the DAs sub-forum to 25%! We have managed to complete 25% of our vows!

Sargon - well done! You'll find my comments for your great looking termies in your WIP thread!

This is great progress so far -but remember: a moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy!!! :)

Archived