DIY Aurochs Chapter

Andrew J

Well I have posted an old DIY but got bored with them and made up a new chapter. You can follow my links at my sig for the old page and my IA page for the Aurochs.

Got a chappy obsession. One almost done. I think my best painted ever.

gallery_37440_6772_50885.jpg

Kitbashed captain/chapter master. Sorry for the blurry pic. I will get a better one soon.

gallery_37440_6772_417337.jpg

Kitbash captain 2. Need to order more shoulder pads from FW to finish him.

gallery_37440_6772_61225.jpg

Let me know your thoughts.

C&C welcome!

Sorry about the poor pictures guys. I took some more and I hope they look better.

Finished the chappy. Love how he looks.

gallery_37440_6772_978731.jpg

gallery_37440_6772_366763.jpg

I have a small problem with loving chaplains. Here is the next one. Just started on him.

gallery_37440_6772_928506.jpg

Here is a better picture of the test marine. Its rotting flesh and tinbitz.

gallery_37440_6772_701789.jpg

And primed some terminators that I built.

gallery_37440_6772_80713.jpg

Let me know what you think!

The chaplain is nice work- I can't say I can draw that clean. Well, maybe I can. Its years and years ago since I actually painted my minis.

To the color scheme- I'd like it to be closer to your 17th post on your other thread. Let me quote:

"Below is a mockup with an earthier tone. The color is Catachan Green, which is more of a brown than green. To add depth you could start with Tin Bits and then drybrush on the Catachan Green or a similar earthy tone. The hoses and joints are done in Dark Flesh, which is somewhere between a red and brown. I used it the tie together the red used in the eyes and the earth tones of the torso. "

The red fits well with the white and I think that tin bitz is a bit too dark- Catachan Green is also dark, but would fit the rotting flesh better. Maybe you'll also use the catachan green on the lower leg armor, as the dark bit stands out too much being that alone amongs the light rotting flesh :P

Archived