Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Lexicon

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts
  • Chapter Name: The VIIth Legion

(return to index)

gallery_26_6416_3509.pngour honour is your life. Let none dispute it.

YMMV - your mileage might vary, meaning that advice/feedback given is descriptive rather than prescriptive and that the results aren't guaranteed.

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | # | $ | index

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts

(return to index)

gallery_26_6416_1328.pngeal is its own excuse.

'Zerkers - Khornate berzerkers

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | # | $ | index

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts

(return to index)

gallery_26_6416_26096.png (Abbreviations/acronyms/terms that start with numbers)

1K Sons - Thousand Sons (see TS)

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts

(return to index)

gallery_26_6416_26599.png (Abbreviations/acronyms/terms that start with special characters)

=][= - inquisitor or the Inquisition. Also used by the administrators/moderators of the Bolter & Chainsword when providing official guidance in their capacity as rules enforcers (as opposed to simply participating in discussions as hobbyists).

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts
Okay, I've noticed a lot of recent usage of acronyms that aren't currently included in this lexicon. I'm sure that most come from the new edition rules, so I'll start trawling through the rulebook to see what I can find. It would sure help if others provided acronyms that they know, though, so that I can simply include them. Hint hint hint. :tu:

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_8659.gif

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,378 posts
This index is woefully outdated, especially with the additions to lore and rules over the years. Please provide any additional acronyms, abbreviations, and terms that you would like to see incorporated into this index.

Those acronyms and abbreviations that have only one meaning will be incorporated into the board's acronym listing software, which will automatically create the acronym BBCode with the spelled out term, helping members to better understand the acronyms and abbreviations that are being used.

Those acronyms and abbreviations that have multiple uses, unfortunately, can't be included the board's acronym listing software, so this index will help.

Terms are another thing entirely and will be provided here as a basic primer (e.g., the Astartes Praeses).

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_8659.gif

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,610 posts
  • Chapter Name: [FATALDATAERROR]

DLC - Downloadable content (digital add-ons for an already released computer game)

DoW or DOW - Dawn of War, a popular Warhammer 40'000 computer game franchise

'Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim.' - Ovid

Chronic procrastinator & amateur "butterfly hobbyist".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users