Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crimson Cartels 2012 LPC Log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
I, Crimson Cartel of the Blood Angels, vow on the honor of my Chapter to paint and present at least 4 objective markers, 10 death company marines, 2 Assault squad Sarges, 1 Sanguinary Priest, and 1 Counts as Sanguinor, on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done...

1st update time brothers. Assembled so far are the objectives, dc, and Death Co. Smooth sailing on this WIP so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As usual, C&C welcome.

-CC

Edited by The Crimson Cartel, 31 March 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Baals. Every BA player should have a pair.

Russ Brother 92

Russ Brother 92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,232 posts

Posted Image
-CC

I love your idea for the objective markers :) is it okay if I borrow them there ideas? and good luck on your Vow brother

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Simple. The Iron Warriors are a battered and dented vintage AK-47. Iron Hands are a modern factory fresh FN SCAR, with every piece of tech possible hooked to it. Both will kill you stone-dead, but one's a lot prettier while it's killin'.

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

Posted Image
-CC

I love your idea for the objective markers :) is it okay if I borrow them there ideas? and good luck on your Vow brother

Of course Mate. And thank you. More updates to follow shortly...

-CC

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,239 posts
Looking good so far! Indeed some nice ideas for objective markers. Particularly the banner is a fine piece!

Good luck with your vow!

Snorri
My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
2nd update Bros. All objective markers are completed,baring any small touch-ups. If anyone wants closer pics, I was thinking of going back and taking more shots before I post the Ones at the completion of my vow. Lemme hear ya!

-CC

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
Inbound Sang Priest. This is my first Priest sans jump pack. He retains the half and half scheme like my other priests, and is charged with the protection of the Legendary Captain Tycho and his Sternguard brethren.

Posted Image
Posted Image

C&C as usual friends

-CC

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
That time again Brothers. Up next are our Lost Brethren, our waiting fate: The Death Company. They are 90% complete, aside from some basing touch-ups and possibly some added gore. These guys were tough to do (which is odd for mostly black models,) but they were all repaints from various other chapters. Lots of ebay specials that I was only moderately successful at stripping the UNBELIEVABLE amount of paint and primer from them. Pretty happy with them overall. Some even have some red poking out from under the black which I think is pretty fluffy, and was able to use this to sim battle damage. Lemme know how you think they came out

-CC

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
2 more steps closer to completion brothers. Here's Thing 1 and Thing 2 ;) , ready to cause some ruckus!

Posted Image
Posted Image

-CC

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
hmm may i ask what colour yellow you used for the helmets? the paint looks somewhat thin...

really loving the death company though! great job :rolleyes:

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

SevenExxes

SevenExxes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 757 posts

2nd update Bros. All objective markers are completed,baring any small touch-ups. If anyone wants closer pics, I was thinking of going back and taking more shots before I post the Ones at the completion of my vow. Lemme hear ya!

-CC

Posted Image
Posted Image

Those objective markers are fresh. Very nice.

Edited by SevenExxes, 02 March 2012 - 01:33 AM.

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

hmm may i ask what colour yellow you used for the helmets? the paint looks somewhat thin...

really loving the death company though! great job :P

Demo, It's Vallejo model color, Bad Moon Yellow I believe. So far it's 2 thin coats on top of darksun base. Not sure if I'll keep em like this or add a few more coats.

-CC

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,135 posts
Looks very nice CC.

Loved the DC models.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts

really loving the death company though! great job :confused:

Demo, It's Vallejo model color, Bad Moon Yellow I believe. So far it's 2 thin coats on top of darksun base. Not sure if I'll keep em like this or add a few more coats.

-CC

AHA! I KNEW IT! <_< :lol:

ive used the same colour myself and mine was pretty watery. not sure if yours is as well but the coverage was terrible! have since moved on to sunburst yellow and its the complete opposite. great coverage! its abit darker but i like the look alot better myself :ermm:

perhaps worth looking into?

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

really loving the death company though! great job :wub:

-CC

AHA! I KNEW IT! :D :P

ive used the same colour myself and mine was pretty watery. not sure if yours is as well but the coverage was terrible! have since moved on to sunburst yellow and its the complete opposite. great coverage! its abit darker but i like the look alot better myself :)

perhaps worth looking into?

:yes: Terribly watery....

Looks like i'll be making the short trip to the shop to pick up some sunburst then. ANY positive suggestions when painting yellow are more than welcome. Pitty those poor poor impy fists... :teehee:

-CC

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
hmmm i actually also got golden yellow, now im not sure which one i used ;) sorry about that mate...uhm...can you test the colour out at your local store? im not so sure anymore :D

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
Vow COMPLETE my brothers!

Here is the final piece... My counts as Sanguinor (actual name to be decided soon.) Pretty proud of this model, lots of time into him. Let me hear your thoughts brothers.

-CC

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My entire vow.
Posted Image

EDIT.. Going to get some better pics of the models up soon...

Edited by The Crimson Cartel, 31 March 2012 - 07:24 PM.

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,239 posts
Verrry nice! Good choice of bits, looks a bazillion times better than the ridiculous GW model! Very inspiring, if you catch my drift ;)

Well done! For Sanguinius!

Snorri
My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
my only 2 points of critique would be that he looks like hes got gas, and the mold line on his power mace! Otherwise, nice work :)

I am Legion

I am Legion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,034 posts
Awesome paint job, and I see you too have chosen the path of dead nids on your bases :(

Your Sanguinor really stands out. It's a great conversion all around
Thank you Topper. I can kill again. You've given me a reason to live". "War...It's Fantastic ;)"
Flickr

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

Verrry nice! Good choice of bits, looks a bazillion times better than the ridiculous GW model! Very inspiring, if you catch my drift ;)

Well done! For Sanguinius!

Snorri

km
Inspiring indeed! I too cannot stand the actual model, and have pretty much made my own version of every spec BA character,bar Lemmy (whom is awesome now), and meph,because im anxiously awaiting a finecast version to chop appart :D I wanted a very avenging angel look,with an ode to the defense of Baal thrown in,and I think I got that. Hopefully I can get better pics up soon b/c these ones dont do him justice... Thanks Snorri!
-CC

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

my only 2 points of critique would be that he looks like hes got gas, and the mold line on his power mace! Otherwise, nice work :P

Facial expression giving you that feeling Demo? Thoughts for something different? Also,thanks for pointing out that line,will betides ASAP.

-CC