Desert Eagles

Desert Eagle

Simply awesome. That librarian conversion is great, and I love how much visual interest you add to his almost all white armor on his torso/legs arms. Most people (myself included) pick out all that chest and belt buckle detail in another color and it can look busy, or they do it all in one color and it looks boring. You did it all in one color and it looks totally friggin' badass.

Thanks everybody!

Glad you like my marines. And as i said before, yes there will be more and yes, at some point it will be bikers too.

The tournament was lots of fun! Guess it's quite a sight to behold a room full of men dressed in suits, zipping on expensive whisky, rolling some dice and playing with little plastic soldiers, lol... :lol: I did ok. There where four groups in each game (40k and fantasy) with the players sorted after how hard their list where and from their gaming experince. The army list would probobly have been placed in the toughest due to having Logan in it, but since i play like less then a handfull games per year i got placed in the second toughest group.

Lost the first game in a really fun game against an imperial guard army (that later won the event). He held one objective and i none, but this game could really have gone either way. Highlights must have been his hellhound melta-ing himself and when Logan got killed by guardsmen in close combat (well, he had only one wound left).

Second game was against Necrons. ended up in a draw since it was killpoints and you needed to be ahead by 4 kps to win... which made it sort of difficult for anybody to win in a kill point game. I was ahead in this game and was the moral winner, still a draw.

Third game was also kill points ( you drew the mission randomly from a bowl) against a crimson fists army. As the previous game, it ended in a draw, but i had one kp less so this time the other player was the moral winner.

Fourth game was against orks. This game was really one-sided and i just wiped his force of the board in like 3-4 turns or something. Only game that maybe wasn't that fun, because i almost felt guilty whit all those things like prefered enemy and such. His list was maybe a bit to friendly compared to mine. (Not that my list was all that evil either, just compared to his)

Anyway. A fun event and something i definitly think you guys should consider for your local gaming groups.

Just some random pics. And yes...i got to play the same table three times. Each group had 2 boards (so we didn't have to move around so much) and we diced off where each game would go.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/tjuven52/013.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/tjuven52/003.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/tjuven52/012-1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/tjuven52/017.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/tjuven52/028.jpg

I played with this list:

HQ

275p Logan

110p Rune priest - Living lightning, murderous hurricane, chooser of the slain.

Elites

190p Venerable dreadnaught - Plasmacannon, dccw + stormbolter, extra armour.

200p Venerable dreadnaught - Twin-linked autocannon, dccw + heavy flamer, extra armour.

Troops

185p Grey hunters - 7 st marines, banner, meltagun, power weapon, rhino, extra armour

316p Wolf guard

1x TDA, assultcannon, wolf claw. - 1x TDA, stormbolter, chainfist. - 3x TDA, stormbolter, power fist. - 1x TDA, stormbolter, power weapon. - 1x PA, boltgun, power fist.

Fast attack

90p Land speeder - heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher.

70p Land speeder - Multi-melta, heavy flamer.

Total 1436p

I love the fact that they are all smartly dressed :tu: They all (well, most of them ;)) look like gentlemen and I find that quite cool :)

Looks like you had a good time too, so kudos for that too!

Ludovic

I can safely say that this army is the only one that has inspired me to try a counts-as Space Wolf army, which I'd normally avoid because so much of it is just too different from a Codex Chapter. But no, I must get in on some of this awesomeness. Also, banners in multiple squads. Awesome.

• 1 month later...
I love the fact that they are all smartly dressed :blink: They all (well, most of them ;)) look like gentlemen and I find that quite cool ;)

Looks like you had a good time too, so kudos for that too!

Ludovic

Same here.

Awesome army as well. Really is great to see, and its painted to such a high standard on all models. These kinds of armies always make me pick up my brush again when I feel a little burnt out.

Thanks my friends, i appriciate all the kind words. I actually fought in a fairly large tournament with 2000 points of my desert eagles recently. I'll get some pics up of that force later on (not tonight however). I took what was painted, so it was sort of a silly force including no more than 22 models in total. That's including vehicles....and yeah, i lost five straight games. :(

For those interested, I played with this list:

HQ

275p Logan

255p Lord – Bike, runic armour, storm shield, thunder hammer, wtt, saga of the bear

110p Rune preist – Chooser of the slain, living lightning, murderous hurricane

ELITES

190p Venerable dreadnaught - plasma cannon, dccw, stormbolter, extra armour

200p Venerable dreadnaught – TL-autocannon, dccw, heavy flamer, extra armour

145p Dreadnaught – TL-lascannon, missile launcher

TROOPS

230p Wolfguard

-TDA, assaultcannon, wolf claw

-TDA, stormbolter, chainfist

-TDA, stormbolter, powerfist

-TDA, stormbolter, power weapon

-PA, boltgun, powerfist

170p Grey hunters - x7, meltagun, power weapon, banner

Dedicated transport: Rhino

FAST ATTACK

90p Landspeeder – Heavy bolter, typhoon missile launchers

70p Landspeeder – Multi-melta, heavy flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT

265p Land raider – extra armour

Had lot's of fun anyway and never got tabled. Ended up in 59th place out of 76 entrants and won best painted, which was nice.

Next time i want to have slightly more competetive force, so i'll be adding/replacing a unit or two, so there will eventually be further activity in the wip-thread...but i have also begun a little side project i'm afraid i can't show here, a small army of space orks! I'll probobly get a username on dakkadakka and post pics there as the army grows.

Cheers!

Archived