My Minotaurs blog (updated 4/11, inv. to FB Minotaurs page)

Very nice models. I myself am looking to make a Greek themed army, using Blood Angel bits and the Puppets of War helmets.. So I have to ask where did you get the round shields? I am not sure where to find some good shields for Storm/Combat Shield that aren't the kite shields from the command squad box or the square terminator shields(or the rectangular Space Wolf ones for that matter when it comes to PA).

I love how simple your pain scheme is. I always like to achieve more for less and this is a great example. Im not the best at blending or layering so this kinda stuff is gold for me. Your miniatures look great man. Now that I've seen these I think I might invest in a few Vallejo paints.

I've always had a soft spot for the minotaurs and all cursed founding chapters for that matter but wil the release of the chapter master and high chaplain I think I might start a project.

I've been toying for some time about starting a chaos minotaur force maybe this is the inspiration I need to get going lol. The minotaurs would make fine champions of khrone.

There's a lot of interest for this chapter here. Maybe we can get a group of Minotaur collectors on one page posting their models and fluff same as the red scorpion page and word bearers over on the chaos thread

Very nice models. I myself am looking to make a Greek themed army, using Blood Angel bits and the Puppets of War helmets.. So I have to ask where did you get the round shields? I am not sure where to find some good shields for Storm/Combat Shield that aren't the kite shields from the command squad box or the square terminator shields(or the rectangular Space Wolf ones for that matter when it comes to PA).

Thanks for your kind comments! The shields are from Scibor miniatures... :lol:

I love how simple your pain scheme is. I always like to achieve more for less and this is a great example. Im not the best at blending or layering so this kinda stuff is gold for me. Your miniatures look great man. Now that I've seen these I think I might invest in a few Vallejo paints.

I've always had a soft spot for the minotaurs and all cursed founding chapters for that matter but wil the release of the chapter master and high chaplain I think I might start a project.

I've been toying for some time about starting a chaos minotaur force maybe this is the inspiration I need to get going lol. The minotaurs would make fine champions of khrone.

There's a lot of interest for this chapter here. Maybe we can get a group of Minotaur collectors on one page posting their models and fluff same as the red scorpion page and word bearers over on the chaos thread

I would be more than happy to contribute to such a group! Count me in ;)

Nice I'm liking how much momentum this has already lol.

I'm ordering these http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=89 from puppets of war (why am I only hearing about this site now their stuff is amazing!)

I'll be ordering the shields from scibor but don't know whether to go for the large ones or not. What would you suggest hakkon? What one do you have on your temi?

And I'll be buying the Minotaur temi shoulder guards along with Moloc.

So fingers cross I'll have him and his termi retinue on the go shortly.

Quick question though. Anyone any ideas what I could use for greek styled spears? The halberds from scibor are cool but a little ott and expensive for just three.

Nice I'm liking how much momentum this has already lol.

I'm ordering these http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=89 from puppets of war (why am I only hearing about this site now their stuff is amazing!)

I'll be ordering the shields from scibor but don't know whether to go for the large ones or not. What would you suggest hakkon? What one do you have on your temi?

And I'll be buying the Minotaur temi shoulder guards along with Moloc.

So fingers cross I'll have him and his termi retinue on the go shortly.

Quick question though. Anyone any ideas what I could use for greek styled spears? The halberds from scibor are cool but a little ott and expensive for just three.

Buy the large ones...They are way better than the small...These are better for representing combat shields. For Storm Shields the large ones are the best choice...

About the Scribor shields -

Wouldn't the smaller ones be suitable for power armor storm shields? I've always though the regular SS were to much for power armor.

my current plan is to do an overpriced death star of vanguard vets for Enkomi's chosen retinue - working up some fluff for them..since the fluff is a touch sparse.

About the Scribor shields -

Wouldn't the smaller ones be suitable for power armor storm shields? I've always though the regular SS were to much for power armor.

my current plan is to do an overpriced death star of vanguard vets for Enkomi's chosen retinue - working up some fluff for them..since the fluff is a touch sparse.

The large ones are the better choice of the two....The small look more like combat shields than storm shields...I have bought both of them but I use only the large ones for the miniatures. The small ones could be used for vehicles as decoration though...

I don't know If this might sound like a small blaspheme lol but can anyone think of a replacement head for Moloc? Just doesn't seem to be a great deal of character in it for such an awesome piece. I don't know if I'd replace it with another helm or a bare head.

Any ideas what would suit such an outstanding character?

Those are some nice minis. I was looking at starting some Minotaurs myself and was wondering how do you go about doing your Verdigris on the bronze?

It is actually watered down hawk turcoise and then a very thin white line in the centre... I hope I helped a bit...

I don't know If this might sound like a small blaspheme lol but can anyone think of a replacement head for Moloc? Just doesn't seem to be a great deal of character in it for such an awesome piece. I don't know if I'd replace it with another helm or a bare head.

Any ideas what would suit such an outstanding character?

I will experiment myself with it...Maxmini helmets or puppets of war but I might use the original...I have not received Asterion yet but I will let you know as soon as I make my decision :)

I only ordered mine last night and opted for standard delivery, 15 pound for express I thought was to much especially as I already live in the uk, so I think I have a wait ahead of me yet.

Where the heads concerned This guy's would be perfect but it's the sergeant from the metal veteran box. Problem number one I'm not cashing out for the box for the use of one models head and two I've never been that good at working with metal miniatures.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&g...&mvs=0#i=48

Although I think the scibor helms look great they don't look like power armor helms where as the puppets of war helms have a futuristic look to them.

Those are some nice minis. I was looking at starting some Minotaurs myself and was wondering how do you go about doing your Verdigris on the bronze?

It is actually watered down hawk turquoise and then a very thin white line in the center... I hope I helped a bit...

That is very helpful thank you. And since I asked, might as well ask more. What is the whole process of your paint job? I have read several different methods people go about using to make bronze, and I am curious how you do it.

It is actually watered down hawk turquoise and then a very thin white line in the center... I hope I helped a bit...

That is very helpful thank you. And since I asked, might as well ask more. What is the whole process of your paint job? I have read several different methods people go about using to make bronze, and I am curious how you do it.

Thanks a lot for the kind comments! Skull white, scorched brown and then laton brass (Vallejo), followed by a good wash of Devlan mud. Then corrections and highlights using laton brass mixed sometimes with a little of mithril silver...thats the recipe ;). Simple enough but I think it is effective.

• 3 weeks later...