My Minotaurs blog (updated 4/11, inv. to FB Minotaurs page)

Toga...Toga...TOGA TOGA TOGA!!!

Seriously though, these guys are looking great. The patina on their armour looks really good, and the crested helms add a nice touch to them. Looking forward to more!

• 1 month later...

Top notch stuff there Ironheart! This is an amazing army you got going. This is the first fully painted Asterion I've seen and he's jaw dropping! Kudos to you sir!

Have you considered joining the E TENEBRAE LUX Challenge?

Edited by Captain Semper

• 4 weeks later...

Latest creation...

Many thanks to my good friend John Papoulakos for designing this excellent banner!

Standard Bearer Menestheas of the Minotaurs

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4fe0d6eb2eeb1.jpg

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4fe0d75a19ae6.jpg

Edited by Haakon Ironheart

Absolutely unbelievable Minotaurs! They all look damn fine. Moloch is the bees knees great use of red and black.

The banner that your mate painted is superb and must look amazing combined with all your stuff. I wish I had a GD winner as a best mate because my freehand looks like Angron's calligraphy.

What have you got planned next?

Cheers

Have you thought any backstory for your company or are you waiting for IA 12 to see what they'll put through???

There is a lot of fluff for my army, inspired naturally from bronze and classical age Greece. I am waiting though for IA12 in order to finalize it. I would like to have the hints of who our cursed primarch is (Angron or Perturabo is my guess), in order to build my fluff around. The things I can share right now is that my force battled against the Lamenters in the battle of Optera and therefore they captured much of the Lamenters equipment (contemptors, MKIII, MKII, MK IV armour variants, and some of the Proteus Land Raiders, which have been given as a gift to the Lamenters by their parent Chapter (Blood Angels). That's my excuse for not fielding much of the MK VIII armour which I don't like at all... :) Specialization of the battle force is mechanized assault and ship boarding actions. I hope that is enough for you for now and I will surely prove you with more details when IA12 comes out...

• 2 weeks later...
The personal battle transport of Chapter Master Asterion is this Land Raider Redeemer...I hope you like it :)

No, I don't.

I love it! :rolleyes: :tu:

Great job. Any chance of a close up on those side doors?

You know I hate you right? I don't make the rules......

on the real though, these guys are amazing. I love Asterion, and the tri-leg heraldry on the cape, genius! that stymbol was on my shield when I was in a reenactment combat group. I love the hoplites.........MOLON LABE!

on the real though, these guys are amazing. I love Asterion, and the tri-leg heraldry on the cape, genius! that stymbol was on my shield when I was in a reenactment combat group. I love the hoplites.........MOLON LABE!

Thanks a lot for your kind words...I am really glad someone mentioned the tri-leg heraldry on the cape finally...There are many ancient Greek Hoplite references throughout the army that are not appearing in the pictures. You can probably see some of them on the hull of Land Raider redeemer. In which reenactment group were you? Was that a good experience?

• 2 weeks later...

I was In the SCA. I was a member of a few Hoplite/Spartan warbands. I love the time period, you know when warfare was as much about athletisism as battlefield technology. yeah, I may be an American with Norse ancestry, But I a Greek at heart. your Minotavrs are killing it. keep it up. I am getting ready to ramp up and tackle the other Greek marine army. I hope my Iron Snakes are as cool as your Minos.

Come back with your shield or on it!