Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Crusade showcase

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
  • Faction: Guardian Angels
Just received my copy of the Black Crusade RPG Limited Collectors Edition today.
Unfortunately it was damaged during transport and it is not metal like the Deathwatch Limited Collectors Ed. RPG, but beyond that it is pretty darn awesome.

This thing is a real piece of art, so I figured I would share some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SYMBOL DETAILS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

40k SCALE PERSPECTIVE:

Posted Image

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,015 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
[jealous] :P [/jealous]

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
He, he. :(
Well, the good thing is that they are still in stock...

Viray

Viray

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Faction: Aurora Knights
Wow. That's quite the design. The last shot especially really highlights the foreboding presence a book bearing the mark of Chaos should rightfully have.

Hopefully the content will be, at the very least, as impressive as the cover. :)

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
I'm sure that both the written content and the artwork will be great!
Won't have time to read it just yet unfortunately, but I am looking forward to getting around to it.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts
That is pretty awesome. I'm feeling kind of covetous, now. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Something Wycked

Something Wycked

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts
  • Faction: Blood Wolves; Grey Knights
Dammit, Greymantle! You just made me spend money! :lol:

EDIT: In case anyone's interested, the Deathwatch Collector's Edition is still available, as well.

EDIT EDIT: Is anyone else as amused as I am that they decided to print an Imperial Aquila on the back of the Black Crusade book? :lol:

Also, Greymantle, if you didn't put your real name on your Writ of Execution, would you mind giving us a picture of that too?

Edited by Something Wycked, 27 February 2012 - 07:06 PM.

+++ Southern California representative for the Feast of Blades national tournament. +++ Silent Requiem's Water Warrior +++
Olgerth Istaarn
SM chainswords are powered by a mixture of promethium, punching, bacon and tears of a thousand Eldar women, who were then liquefied into a paste and mixed into the fuel too, for good measure.

Innocence proves nothing.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

That is pretty awesome. I'm feeling kind of covetous, now. :P

Well, like I said. It is still available. :)

Dammit, Greymantle! You just made me spend money! :P

He, he. Well, it was money well spent.

EDIT EDIT: Is anyone else as amused as I am that they decided to print an Imperial Aquila on the back of the Black Crusade book? :lol:

Hm.. Right you are.

Also, Greymantle, if you didn't put your real name on your Writ of Execution, would you mind giving us a picture of that too?

Well, as that is a part inside the book I don't actually think that is allowed by the rules of the B&C, because it would replicate copyrighted material. But now that you bought it, you will see your own Writ soon enough.

Something Wycked

Something Wycked

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts
You don't know just how much money I spent, Graymantle. I got the Black Crusade one for my Chaos friend and the Deathwatch one for myself. And its all your fault! ^_^

I just think its weird that they provide a picture of the Apocryphon Oath (seen here) but not the Writ of Execution. You'd think people would be more encouraged to buy it if they could see what the personalized aspect of the product looks like ^_^
+++ Southern California representative for the Feast of Blades national tournament. +++ Silent Requiem's Water Warrior +++
Olgerth Istaarn
SM chainswords are powered by a mixture of promethium, punching, bacon and tears of a thousand Eldar women, who were then liquefied into a paste and mixed into the fuel too, for good measure.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Oh my! :wacko:
Well, I already have both those books and I am certain you won't be disappointed.

As for the Writ, I found it on the FFG site:
http://www.fantasyfl...writ-cutout.png

Something Wycked

Something Wycked

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts
Oooh, beautiful. Thanks for that :lol: I'm hoping for a speechless moment when he sees his name on that parchment :lol:
Olgerth Istaarn

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
He, he. No problem. ;)
I'm sure it will be a much appreciated gift!

DaveNash

DaveNash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Great photos, man.

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts
I used to buy everything like this, but I'll be giving it a miss; I have the Deathwatch and Dark Heresy RPG books (well quite a few of the latter) but I rarely even look at them any more.
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

Great photos, man.

Thanks Dave! :)
Love your artwork, so thumbs up for that! :tu:

I used to buy everything like this, but I'll be giving it a miss; I have the Deathwatch and Dark Heresy RPG books (well quite a few of the latter) but I rarely even look at them any more.

Well, that is too bad Juan! You're missing out.
I have an extremely extensive collection and while I don't get to use my books as much as I like, I often think of them as reference material I can go to when needed, or entertainment when I want it. - It's always there waiting for me and it expands the 40k universe and enriches the hobby in general.
As for collector's editions like the Black Crusade CE, I look at that as art just as much as stuff in a book. I put the really good stuff like that in my display cabinet. :)

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 24 March 2012 - 12:09 AM.

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts
To be honest, I find myself buying "extras" like this less and less.. Whilst I love the background, I find my driving urge to possess it all has gone.
" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users