Gillyfish's LPC vow (now updated for ETL)

Gillyfish

Thanks again guys.

Here's a more recent picture taken this weekend before I painted anymore - so this is the model at 90% rather than 96%!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/Gillyfish2010/DSCF3382.jpg

I've since worked on the base some more and added some text to the purity seals.

That is an awesome piece of work Gilly. I love the quality of the bone-white you've achieved. The crispness of the painting is like an autumn morning!! :)

SG

You meant Gillyfish, right Cactus? :P

Edit - I just realised I have yet to compliment Gilly on his most excellent painting skills. Extremely nice work on all of your models Gillyfish, the Dread in particular is beautifully realised.

You meant compliment, right MD? :P

That I did. :sweat: Let that be a reminder to all that its always a good idea to doublecheck a post or edit before submitting (and don't post when you're exhausted/half-asleep).

You meant Gillyfish, right Cactus? ^_^

Oops, so I did. Apologies. I was confused by the image quoting. :tu:

I'll report to Cell 42 immediately.

You meant Gillyfish, right Cactus? :unsure:

Oops, so I did. Apologies. I was confused by the image quoting. :D

I'll report to Cell 42 immediately.

You're just lucky you completed your vow or it would have been servitor work for you.

Keep up the good work Gilly your stuff is looking great.

You meant Gillyfish, right Cactus? :sick:

Edit - I just realised I have yet to complete Gilly on his most excellent painting skills. Extremely nice work on all of your models Gillyfish, the Dread in particular is beautifully realised.

You meant compliment, right MD? ;)

Excellent Dread is excellent Mr 'Fish. I can't wait to see an army shot...... :down:

s

Well, if Maddoc posted his own pictures in this thread it could be complement! :D :eek

Thank you all for your kind words, it definitely helps to keep me motivated. I may try some scouts next and I still have a Land Raider to undercoat too.

I can't wait to see an army shot

I really ought to do one of those. I've been meaning to for a while, but I've been held back by the fact that some of the models I use are quite old (they are actually lead) and were painted in the mid '90s with green bases and bright red weapons casings, whereas my more recent models use brown bases and more muted tones. I've been meaning to bring the older models up to speed but have never got round to it. But an army shot at some point might be a good idea!

complement! ^_^ ^_^

Well played Sir :D His models are great too.

I guess this thread could be the motivation you need to update all your old models (or start a new fresh one). My mechwing topic was mine, it worked a treat.

Either way, it'll be fun to watch :eek

s

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Dreadnought buddy. The bone colour has come out really nicely and the weathering is just right.

And re the army shot, enough with the excuses and just take one already! :unsure:

Gillyfish, that Venerable Dread in Deathwing panolopy is fantastic! That bone color is great and I really like your choices for side armor plates on the Dread. I'm also going to put in one more call for an army shot!

• 4 months later...

Okay, this has been oft delayed, but here are some pictures of my completed ETL vow.

I said I would do a scout squad and a Land Raider. Well here they are!

Scouts first, prior to painting:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/Gillyfish2010/DSCF3388.jpg

A bad shot taken a couple of weeks ago of them all in progress:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/Gillyfish2010/DSCF3389.jpg

And a couple of shots taken this morning of the completed miniatures.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/Gillyfish2010/DSCF3391.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o126/Gillyfish2010/DSCF3393.jpg

Vow complete!

• 5 weeks later...
I've just undercoated a Deathwing terminator Librarian and the DV terminator squad. I've got some tidying of the areas which the spray missed to do, but once I've got some basecoating done I'll post some pictures (I could even turn it into a painting bone tutorial).

I've just undercoated a Deathwing terminator Librarian and the DV terminator squad. I've got some tidying of the areas which the spray missed to do, but once I've got some basecoating done I'll post some pictures (I could even turn it into a painting bone tutorial).

.... and you could enter that in to the Path to redemption event too .... :rolleyes:

Very nice scouts by the way Gilly. love the eyes and the skin tones....

SG

Great work Gillyfish - Just noticed that I have been lurking and not commenting, sorry :D

You could always vow the Libbi - you would then have 2 weeks to do him :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Thanks Devler. ;)

For the Land Raider, I mixed Dark Angels Green with Chaos Black for the basecoat (I like to have dark Dark Angels!) and then drybrushed highlights using DA green and then camo green. I then refill any gaps with the original basecoat to leave fairly subtle highlights. Quick and really easy!

Archived