LPC Vow

Ultraboy

Hey guys, this is my first LPC and I chose to paint up my Champ and Marshal. I've haven't gotten around to painting them but I will find time this week. Here are the models thus far:

Marshal Torroja

gallery_56187_7027_637802.jpg

gallery_56187_7027_702525.jpg

Brother Ravache, Emperor's Champion

gallery_56187_7027_334739.jpg

Wish me luck!

your marshal is looking great, man. good luck! i am personally coming very close to completing my lpc vow :D i have spring break next week as well so hopefully my crusade will see a lot of painting done! i particularly like your marshal, did you use the left lightning claw from the sicarius model? and a right handed storm shield?? epic man, love the halo as well.

did you use the left lightning claw from the sicarius model? and a right handed storm shield?? epic man, love the halo as well.

Yep, that is Sicarius left claw. There aren't many models with a decent lighting claw and I was lucky to have had Sicarius lying around. The storm shield is from the Assault Terminator kit. I cut out the fist in the inside and glued the shield to a right handed boltgun arm. The backpack is from the Gabriel Seth model and the head from the Death Company kit.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I've been swamped with homework and work but I've caught up with my Marshall and Emperor's Champion. I should be able to complete them by tomorrow afternoon (finally). There's some more touching up left to do but I'll get it done in no time. Now to the pics:

Marshall Torroja (I added a green tinge to his face due to fluff. I based my BT off the Knights of Lazarus. They're on a crusade against a Death Guard warband for devastating their numbers. The survivors show damage and effects from the Plague God's powers). I painted the left shoulderpad bronze as a relic reaching back to the Heresy era from the Imperial Fists.

gallery_56187_7027_2205295.jpg

And my Emperor's Champion

gallery_56187_7027_1779705.jpg

Lemme know what you think. My highlighting sucks but I'm working on it. :P

Looking good brother! Your highlighting doesn't suck...just keep working at it and you'll get your skill to where you're happy. It took me a long time to figure out some of the most basic/simple techniques. I love reading the "how to's" that others post...always learn from someone else's mistakes! Remember, varying shades of the same color continuously lightened with a drop or two of skull white can do just what you need. May take a couple of brush strokes with each lighter hue, but you'll get there. Also, inks/washes can be your friend...I LOVE them! If you don't feel like dropping three or four bucks on a pot, "just add water" to your chosen dark color...works fine. My biggest problem...the dreaded gray highlights...aarrgghhh! I can't tell you how many times I end up painting chaos black over my foul up of wavy gray streaks...it requires either a small small brush or a nice flat brush, and a very steady hand. 18 years and three warzones later, your hands just don't stay still very well. :P I think your mods look great. I like the Marshal a lot. Especially like all the Templary bits you bashed him with...good stuff man! Keep it up...you definitely have two BTs worth taking the field of battle.

Done! I wish I got this done sooner. I'm a unit deployment manager in the Air Force (A job that always keeps me busy) and I was fortunate to find some time to finish up. Lemme know what you think.

gallery_56187_7027_689821.jpg

gallery_56187_7027_2738934.jpg

gallery_56187_7027_513362.jpg

gallery_56187_7027_1782723.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm definitely using Sepia on those seals. I just recently started painting black and yet to perfect a method for hightlighting. I love my marshal's pose. It's very hard to pull off a LC on a regular power armour guy with such a limited range of options (I can only really think of 5 models that have them). I wanted to use a forgeworld Templar shield but I like the templar shape of the regular storm shield.

Archived