DA Dice Commitment Time

Pbenner

Sad to hear that we can get no more dice from Chessex, I guess this makes ours collectible now? thumbsup.gif

Correct. They will not be duplicated again.

I do have a lone black dice for you, Captain Semper.

Paul

Happy on both accounts! :)

PM me about the postage Paul!

Damn, guess I didn't make the list for the regular dice. sad.png congrats to all you guys that have gotten these collectors items, makes me a little upset that gw threw a law suit at chessex even tho they will probably never make any customized dice.

Me neither, ah well :(

Yep, GW won't make them themselves (and if they did you know they'd be at an extortionate price) and they don't want anyone else doing them either. Nice community hobby we've got here verymad.gif

GW as a company has began bothering me more and more. I am really not happy with their current state of doing business.

I really think that I may be downsizing seriously in the GW department. Not sure exactly how much, but I will say that my DA and my 'Nids may be the only armies that I am keeping...

I'm sorry for all those that missed out. I wish there was more that I could do.

Paul

It's not your fault Paul, I personally have decided to blame my friends for not sucking me back into the hobby earlier, which would have meant I'd have been a member here early enough to get on the order. :)

In other news, there will be no additional run from Chessex. Games-Workshop has sent them a letter from their attorney to no longer manufacture the emblem on the off-white and green dice. They will however still do the black dice if you want to order them yourselves.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but even after trying to talk the custom dice guys into it, they were not willing to risk legal action.

Nothing to stop the RW being used on the black I take it? Or the DA symbol on black (pre-heresy) or red? DW symbol on black or red would be cool. I think there are a few acceptable variations that could be used msn-wink.gif

But it's interesting. How d'you think GW got wind of this?

Isiah,

I have been told that GW has a paid staff member that regularly hunts on E-Bay and the major gaming forums for people producing products with their logos on it, and just forwards them straight to their lawyers. As an example, one of my FLGS owners was telling me that he sought to ebay some stuff that was out of print, out of edition, and GW wouldn't buy back or give him credit on (Trying to recover his money) and within 6 hours of the auctions going up, he got an email from GW saying basically; "You have 24 hours to remove posting X from ebay or we sue you for violating of your re-sellers contract".

As it sits right now, I have a list of ~20 people who are first in line for leftovers from the first run. I also still have the "tainted" dice that I will continue to make available for purchase to the B&C members who want them. The're not difficult to repaint to match the appropriate color, and I'll bet with a bit of knife work, you could make them into unbroken swords with wings, but I'm not in the mood to try right now.

I'll get the first round of dice out either next weekend, or the weekend after, depending on what my schedule ends up like.

Best,

Paul

Archived