BBJ Does Nipplewing!

standard bearer is now done!

gallery_43855_7041_20041.jpg

He's not 100% as good as I'd like but the whole army is after all an exercise in speed painting! Sadly all the tournaments near me are now running at 1850 pts instead of 1500 so I'm looking at filling another 350+pts before they're really playable.

Basing next, going boring and doing the whole muddy with little bits of grass theme, it's easy and I'm lazy!

Beautiful painting!

I have ran the same army (very fun, way better now with 6th 2+) but ran into the same 1850 issue.   I added a few more plasma pistols and the Sanguinor to make points, and it worked out well!

Was that all brushed or was an airbrush used for the basecoat of gold?  Keep up the great painting!

These are now 'finished' and in the Hall of Honour; http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278174-strike-force-areola-a-sanguinary-guard-army/

Beautiful painting!

I have ran the same army (very fun, way better now with 6th 2+) but ran into the same 1850 issue.   I added a few more plasma pistols and the Sanguinor to make points, and it worked out well!

Was that all brushed or was an airbrush used for the basecoat of gold?  Keep up the great painting!

The gold was airbrushed on, everything else was done with a brush... one day I'll be confident enough with the airbrush that I'll be able to do more but I'm not there yet! 

As for bringing the list up to 1850, I was thinking of maybe adding another squad and a librarian, though that's getting a little tight on points and I'd probably need to move some inferno and plasma pistols around. 

Hokay, so with the local 'scene' being largely 1850 I've had to add some bits to the army, looking at the old list I have just enough room for a Librarian (+epistolary +jump pack) and another 5 sanguinary guard which brings me up to exactly 1850!

Only snag being is the 5 extra sanguinary guard don't have any gun upgrades, so I'm going to need to dilute the other squads.

Anyhow, haven't bought the extra sanguinary guard yet but I have kitbashed the librarian, he still needs basing and priming and paint will begin tomorrow!

gallery_43855_7041_38876.jpg

gallery_43855_7041_30288.jpg

gallery_43855_7041_191.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived