The Gauntlet of Fenris

MaveriK

gallery_24878_5332_177542.jpg

The Gauntlet of Fenris was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=217688

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=235844

gallery_24878_5332_53226.jpg

:: RUNNING THE GAUNTLET ::

Users have to right to ignore this thread just as people have the right to participate. Please keep the roll-playing within this thread. We have to be more responsible with our words and actions, and try not to let the mindset cross over to other threads. This is the Fang, and we represent the Sons of Russ. Behave yourselves or see yourself cast out deep into the underfang.

:: SET UP ::

1) Pick your troop type and or teams

2) Roll for beast type (unlocking map associated with result)

3) Users place themselves on the map.

4) Roll for storm effects

5) DM/Fleshmaker decides where to put 3 of the same beast types on the unlocked map (unknown to players during the first round)

6) Roll scatter dice for wind direction

:: TURN SEQUENCE ::

1) Movement

2) Shooting (optional)

3) Close Combat

:: PACK WIDE RULES ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

gallery_24878_5332_53841.jpg

:: SIDE QUEST RULES ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated DM/Fleshmaker. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only three users (including beast) may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to try the gauntlet of Fenris.

4) Users are allowed to move two tiles in any direction, and assault on their third. Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Predator and Prey. Using a scatter dice will determine wind direction for an entire round. If you're upwind from your prey, the beast gains +1 Initiative. If you're downwind from your prey then you gain the +1 Initiative.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if he can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the player breaks off from combat and restarts one tile back in any direction from their current location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious either waiting for his pack mates to bring him back to the tavern or the Fleshmaker to bring him back to the Fang.

6) Once a user kills 5 of the same beast type, he or she is granted league member status for the Inglorious Drunkards thread. Once a user kills 7 of the beast type, he or she is granted to challenge previous Inglorious Brawler champions to a solo fight.

:: TROOP CHOICES ::

Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

I will add more troop choices... I'm just going to test this out by starting small and slow.

gallery_24878_5332_8898.jpg

:: FENRIS STORMS ::

At the beginning of the game, roll a D6 and consult the Fenrisian Storm table below. Roll again at the start of each game turn, adding +1 to result for each full turn of the game that has passed.

1-2 The Storm Abates: The wind howls and snow smothers the ground. No effect.

3-4 Blinding Flurries: The driving snow obscures all vision. All shooting attacks suffer a 25% penalty to their range, rounding fractions up.

5-6 Brutal Winds: The winds buffet and pummel anyone caught in the open. Non-vehicle units moving in open ground must pass a Strength test or move as though in difficult terrain (One tile).

7-8 Howling Death: Moving swiftly during an intense storm such as this can bring death. Users that travel more than two tiles on the map must take a Dangerous Terrain test. (If failed, user is stationary for a full turn in their tile)

9-10 Ice-storms: Shards of ice lash the users, flaying the unfortunate. Every user on the map suffers 1 wound/glancing hit on the roll of a 2+

11+ The Wrath of Fenris: All of the above effects are in play.

:: THE MAPS ::

gallery_24878_5332_53124.jpg

MAP ONE. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1,3,4 and 5.

gallery_24878_5332_112753.jpg

MAP TWO. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1, 3, and 6.

gallery_24878_5332_46549.jpg

MAP THREE. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

:: THE HUNT, DICE ROLL RESULTS ::

1) (ADD FLUFF)

ICE-TROLL

Cave/Ice Troll405513356+

2) Two metres high at the shoulder, over four tons of pure muscle. Four lungs, huge rib-cages of semi-fused bone, hind-legs the width of a man's waist, twin twisted horns and a spiked spine-ridge.

KONUNGUR

Giant Elk404415395+

3) (ADD FLUFF)

ICE-BEAR

Kodiak404414393+

4) (ADD FLUFF)

BLACKMANED WOLF

Fenrisian Wolf404414256+

5) (Wulfen are the result of our geneseed. Leman gave us the blessing of the wolf so that we would never be defeated by our foes,but his gifts come with a price. As we are born to battle, so are we called to prove our worth time and again, through strength, courage and guile. War within. War without. War unending. That is how we live, little brother. That is who we are. Unfortunately not all of us win this war.)

WULFEN

The Wolf-Bitten/Failed Aspirant5054152+1103+

6) The kraken is one of Fenris mightiest sea-dwellers on Fenris. Each great year when the sun makes the land melt, and the oceans are once more full of activity the kraken releases his children. Scale spawned monstrosities, these monsters are known to attack many a fortified position by the hundreds.

KRAKEN

Small Kraken6064364104+

--EDIT--

This is still in the experimental stage.. would like to have your input and would like to have a few test runs with the running of the gauntlet itself.

from a fluff persective i'd change the wolf-bitten their name, ragnar balckmane for example is wulf-bitten and there's not a lot of difference between wolf-bitten and wulf-bitten. i'd just call them wulfen as this is what they are.

Wulfen are the result of our geneseed. Leman gave us the blessing of the wolf so that we would never be defeated by our foes,but his gifts come with a price. As we are born to battle, so are we called to prove our worth time and again, through strength, courage and guile. War within. War without. War unending. That is how we live, little brother. That is who we are. Unfortunatly not all of us win this war.

The kraken is one of fenris mightiest sea-dwellers on fenris. Each great year when the sun makes the land melt, and the oceans are once more full of activity the kraken releasdes his children. scale spawned monsterousities, these monsters are known to attack many a fortified position by the hundreds.

Sign me up as a Blood Claw.

Is this a pack event? Or individual trials?

either or.

the pack is together...sort of ^_^

So are we going as Claws or Hunters?

either or.

the pack is together...sort of :lol:

I don't think it matters, either or. It all comes down to who gets the kill.

either or.

the pack is together...sort of ^_^

I'm going Claw.

Warhorse, it'll be a challenge to get to a beast before you.

This looks pretty fun! It reminds me of the Ragnar books where Ragnar and friends hunted baddies before they received Russ's geneseed.

Let's see how this son of Sanguinius fares against Fenris! I'll play as noble grey hunter.

EDIT: I'll hunt alone.

Only in war and as aspirants do we hunt in packs. To hone our skills and senses the wolves of hunt on Fenris alone unarmed and unarmored.

That is how I shall hunt and honor the ways of Russ.

Loki, my brother hunt well. I would consider it an honor to loan you my old hunting spear!

Archived