Right Shoulder Colours

Gumo9

Hello all !

I've been lured to the Fang by the new minis and I'm just starting to plan painting my pack.

For power armoured models I know that the right shoulder is painted red for Grey Hunters, Yellow for Wolf Guard etc as per the codex. What colour should I paint the right shoulder of a Wolf Lord (probably go for Harald Deathwolf actually), Lone Wolves, Rune Priests etc. If there are no definitive colours, what would you suggest. Any pictures for inspiration would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

G

Hello all !

I've been lured to the Fang by the new minis and I'm just starting to plan painting my pack.

For power armoured models I know that the right shoulder is painted red for Grey Hunters, Yellow for Wolf Guard etc as per the codex. What colour should I paint the right shoulder of a Wolf Lord (probably go for Harald Deathwolf actually), Lone Wolves, Rune Priests etc. If there are no definitive colours, what would you suggest. Any pictures for inspiration would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

G

Lone Wolves would be colors from their rank,ie if he is the last of a grey hunter pack he'd have red and black.Rune/Wolf/Iron Priests use the Wolf that Stalks the Stars,since they technically belong to the Great Wolf's company.

Left shoulder pads are for the Great Company wolf totem, so that would be easy. I agree with Ares that the best pattern for your Lone Wolf (assuming he's not in TDA) is to keep him with an appropriate pack marking based on his fluff(e.g. you say he's last remaining member of Ulfric's Grey Hunter pack, then paint him in the black/red of Hunters).

Wolf Lords, however, have earned their own heraldry, so you can do whatever you like here. Options include:completely unique symbology, duplicating wolf totem from other shoulder pad, covering pad with a pelt or similar trophy, or even using the markings of a Wolf Guard pack (since they are the actual pack-mates of the Wolf Lord).

Valerian

I painted my wolf lord's right shoulder pad to match my wolf guard, a yellow chevron on a black background. My rationale was that a wolf guard joined the lord's pack, and took his pack symbol. As for lone wolves, I echo the above, he is the last of his pack, so whatever pack you want him to come from, you can paint it that way.

It's up to you really. Look at the codex cover for example.

For me, my Wolf Priests will have the Wolf that stalks on the left and a wolf skull on the right. Rune Priests with have the same on the left and most likely runes on the right. Lone will have there pack mark, possibly with writing over it to represent past pack members.

As for Bjorn Stormwolf (my chosen Lord), he's described as having ornate armour so I'd better get practicing.

Archived