10,000 point imperial fists

Gearhart

In my opinion the yellow is a little too bright, but if that is your goal then you nailed it! But like I said a little too bright, maby you could add battle damage to his armour. I think by the back armour the part that look part of Mk III you could make silver that way the colour is more diverse and...spread out? Cause there was just too much yellow I guess, have you seen Crusade Templar001? He makes fantastic Imperial Fists and I have to say with you painting skill set you could achieve that good probably even better. I hope this helps and doesn't come across as too harsh -_-

In my opinion the yellow is a little too bright, but if that is your goal then you nailed it! But like I said a little too bright, maby you could add battle damage to his armour. I think by the back armour the part that look part of Mk III you could make silver that way the colour is more diverse and...spread out? Cause there was just too much yellow I guess, have you seen Crusade Templar001? He makes fantastic Imperial Fists and I have to say with you painting skill set you could achieve that good probably even better. I hope this helps and doesn't come across as too harsh -_-

TOO HARSH? never i ask for feed back for a reason! IM REALLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HONESTY....Unfortunately there is already battle damage. Maybe with better lighting you could see it, ill have to go back and add a bit more color. But i cant say i will make the back silver but it is a great suggestion, given Templar crusade is a great inspiration for me. I will certainly try to break it up a bit more :) Thanks again, greatly appreciated! -_- ill try to have an update soon!

Hello cold winter, i need your help how does it look in natural light to you? Honesty of course, i have 15 to do so i need to make sure i have a good scheme before proceeding :lol:

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0648.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0661.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0656.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0655.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0662.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0658.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/40k/SAM_0663.jpg

it looks good to me, I like darkened colour of the fist so far ;). I'm going to post soon btw my next installment of marines, just giving you a heads up.

EDIT:Though the only thing I have noticed was it looks a little orange, but that might just be me not sure

Haha GREAT ill be looking forward to it :tu: and its not you, with the Burnt umber pigment over the model and the straight sun light it gives it an orange tone... haha but orange is my favorite color so im slightly happy that the color changes haha

Don't know how I've never spotted this thread before, but WOW. Excellent yellow, excellent weathering, excellent bases... Excellent Imperial Fists. You do them justice. That fellow with the plasma rifle thing EMBODIES the Chapter. I mean that. I've never seen more "Imperial Fist" in one model than that guy. Keep it up.

liked for you friend.

looks very cool, dark yet regal looking.

looking forward to more ;)

Thank you so much! and im glad you like him hopefully ill start a new one tomorrow and have something to show you soon :)

Thanks agian!

I liked too, great models so far, I hope you win ;)

Thaanks cold winter! i hope so too :)

btw anything else you feel should be changed? maybe a bit of silver to make the armour chipping pop?

Thanks for your support, I greatly appreciate it!

No he seems perfect enough for me, just keep those good minis coming now, soon enough I'm going to have my own cataphractii Terminators...homemade

. Should be next week so stay tuned since I already updated, I even have a librarian now ;). I'll be watching your thread closely as always my friend, may the Emperor and Dorn guide your skilled hand in painting

No he seems perfect enough for me, just keep those good minis coming now, soon enough I'm going to have my own cataphractii Terminators...homemade

. Should be next week so stay tuned since I already updated, I even have a librarian now <_<. I'll be watching your thread closely as always my friend, may the Emperor and Dorn guide your skilled hand in painting

Great! and homemade, ohhh im excited :P ill be awaiting till then my friend...have you decided on a scheme?

. Should be next week so stay tuned since I already updated, I even have a librarian now :D. I'll be watching your thread closely as always my friend, may the Emperor and Dorn guide your skilled hand in painting

Great! and homemade, ohhh im excited ;) ill be awaiting till then my friend...have you decided on a scheme?

I believe I have found one, though I fear it may be too close to the Black Templar. And the name of my new chapter will be Knights Templar...no sure if that is good or not but for now that is all I have. I won't be able to paint them this week since I'm already hyped about making my cataphractii and I'm more then likly not be able to get paint, but I pray to the God-Emperor that I'm fortunate enough to have enough money with me ;). Anyways can't wait to see more of your minis, get to work on your awesome Fists!

. Should be next week so stay tuned since I already updated, I even have a librarian now :D. I'll be watching your thread closely as always my friend, may the Emperor and Dorn guide your skilled hand in painting

Great! and homemade, ohhh im excited ;) ill be awaiting till then my friend...have you decided on a scheme?

I believe I have found one, though I fear it may be too close to the Black Templar. And the name of my new chapter will be Knights Templar...no sure if that is good or not but for now that is all I have. I won't be able to paint them this week since I'm already hyped about making my cataphractii and I'm more then likly not be able to get paint, but I pray to the God-Emperor that I'm fortunate enough to have enough money with me :). Anyways can't wait to see more of your minis, get to work on your awesome Fists!

OHHH sounds promising very excited! and my replacements arrive tomorrow so an update this weekend for sure :)

Stirling work brother, in particular that Catephracti look Boss!

Just wondering though, any more work going to be done on the sword? Just doesn't look as well finished as the rest of him you know?

Either way, great work so far and keep em coming!

A lovely gritty yellow, looking good mate!

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

Thanks mate, im really glad you like it ;)

Stirling work brother, in particular that Catephracti look Boss!

Just wondering though, any more work going to be done on the sword? Just doesn't look as well finished as the rest of him you know?

Either way, great work so far and keep em coming!

Haha the first to say something, in all honesty i have no clue what i would like to do with the sword. All ive done so far is base coat in silver an wash it in blue....any suggestions?

Lightning. Built up from blue, (Plenty of tutorials out and about)

Or layer some Mithril silver (or whatever the new fangled name is) onto the edge, bit of gore is always nice.

But up to you mate, no reason not to leave it as is!

i have to agree with Nighthunters here. But you could so an old fashion Space Hulk power Sword, with the lightening on the tip or so, just a suggestion, either way you'll make a goof descision brother!

Or layer some Mithril silver (or whatever the new fangled name is) onto the edge, bit of gore is always nice.

i have to agree with Nighthunters here. But you could so an old fashion Space Hulk power Sword, with the lightening on the tip or so, just a suggestion, either way you'll make a goof descision brother!

Very good suggestions both of you.... hmmmmmm im going to have to experiment prior....By any chance do either of you have good examples? i dont want anything over the top because i want to make this squad of 10 more of at rest poses... the next 25 however...lol

:blink: wow a Legion full of Cataphractii...I might have to get some of those :o, I can't wait to see them marching in lock step brother and annihilating the foe with combibolter and lightning claws! For Dorn and the Emperor!

haha WHOLE LEGION! :jaw: and yeah you have to get some they are such beautiful models! haha and when they are finally finished i dont know what ill do but hopefully they will look damn good all together! :eek For Dorn and the Emperor!

Archived