Taking on IG Leafblower Army

Depayen

Look at what threatens you.

Vendettas vs. typhoons is bad, but demolishers, executioners and plasma vets eat terminators alive.

Get your terminators in close with a deepstrike, focus fire to shake and stun the aforementioned russ tanks and then engage to panel beat them into submission.

Expect to lose the typhoons early unless you can hide them. With the terminators threatening early on, the vendettas may be drawn away from the speeders so you can hit them in the side and rear armour.

Look at what threatens you.

Vendettas vs. typhoons is bad, but demolishers, executioners and plasma vets eat terminators alive.

Get your terminators in close with a deepstrike, focus fire to shake and stun the aforementioned russ tanks and then engage to panel beat them into submission.

Expect to lose the typhoons early unless you can hide them. With the terminators threatening early on, the vendettas may be drawn away from the speeders so you can hit them in the side and rear armour.

This.

You will have to deploy/play more aggressively than usual , such as foregoing your CML shooting to close the distance.

If your typhoons have MM, then forgo the kraks and close the distance instead.

Worked very well for me :lol:

Then you have very little to fear. if you don't feel confident shaking the tanks, run after deep striking. He should only be able to hit 2 or 3 models a squad with the pieplates and you can bounce lascannons all day long.

Vendettas and hydras? Not a problem, and not much of a leafblower, TBH. Doesn't leave much room for pieplate chuckers, and both vendettas and hydras are pretty vulnerable to krak missiles...I don't know what else is in his list, but what you've listed doesn't worry DW, and TBH, as a guard player myself, hardly qualifies as a leafblower. A leafblower would spam chimeras with autocannons being fired from the hatch, outflanking scout sentinels, three pieplate-chuckers, and not much else. I have no problem fitting ~30 heavy weapons and three pieplates into 1750 points includnig eight scoring and one nonscoring chimera...that's a leafblower.

Archived