Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taking on IG Leafblower Army

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Depayen

Depayen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Word
I was wondering what tactics you would use against this with a deathwing army and 3 typhoon. IG has 3 vendettas and 2 hydras for sure. I am open to suggests.

Beware of the Orangemen.
W/T/L; 13/2/14 AWC tournament circuit and games Templar. Season 2009 to 2010
W/T/L; 6/0/3 AWC tournament circuit and games. Daemons. Season 2010 to 2011
W/T/L; 9/4/5 AWC tournament Circuit Dark Eldar. Season 2011 to 2012 16th overall
W/T/L; 12/0/7AWC tournament Circuit Mixed. Season 2012 to 2013 11th overall

Overall Play
W/T/L; 44/12/30 Daemons
W/T/L; 24/6/13 New Dark Eldar

riddles

riddles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
Look at what threatens you.

Vendettas vs. typhoons is bad, but demolishers, executioners and plasma vets eat terminators alive.

Get your terminators in close with a deepstrike, focus fire to shake and stun the aforementioned russ tanks and then engage to panel beat them into submission.

Expect to lose the typhoons early unless you can hide them. With the terminators threatening early on, the vendettas may be drawn away from the speeders so you can hit them in the side and rear armour.

BoonKin

BoonKin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 410 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Unforgiven

Look at what threatens you.

Vendettas vs. typhoons is bad, but demolishers, executioners and plasma vets eat terminators alive.

Get your terminators in close with a deepstrike, focus fire to shake and stun the aforementioned russ tanks and then engage to panel beat them into submission.

Expect to lose the typhoons early unless you can hide them. With the terminators threatening early on, the vendettas may be drawn away from the speeders so you can hit them in the side and rear armour.

This.

You will have to deploy/play more aggressively than usual , such as foregoing your CML shooting to close the distance.

If your typhoons have MM, then forgo the kraks and close the distance instead.

Worked very well for me :lol:

Depayen

Depayen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Word
I guess I should mention witch I neglected to the first time all 5 squads thunder hammers and storm shield with one guy in each squad with cyclone missle launcher.

Beware of the Orangemen.
W/T/L; 13/2/14 AWC tournament circuit and games Templar. Season 2009 to 2010
W/T/L; 6/0/3 AWC tournament circuit and games. Daemons. Season 2010 to 2011
W/T/L; 9/4/5 AWC tournament Circuit Dark Eldar. Season 2011 to 2012 16th overall
W/T/L; 12/0/7AWC tournament Circuit Mixed. Season 2012 to 2013 11th overall

Overall Play
W/T/L; 44/12/30 Daemons
W/T/L; 24/6/13 New Dark Eldar

riddles

riddles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
Then you have very little to fear. if you don't feel confident shaking the tanks, run after deep striking. He should only be able to hit 2 or 3 models a squad with the pieplates and you can bounce lascannons all day long.

march10k

march10k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,760 posts
  • Chapter Name: 5th Company, First Legion
Vendettas and hydras? Not a problem, and not much of a leafblower, TBH. Doesn't leave much room for pieplate chuckers, and both vendettas and hydras are pretty vulnerable to krak missiles...I don't know what else is in his list, but what you've listed doesn't worry DW, and TBH, as a guard player myself, hardly qualifies as a leafblower. A leafblower would spam chimeras with autocannons being fired from the hatch, outflanking scout sentinels, three pieplate-chuckers, and not much else. I have no problem fitting ~30 heavy weapons and three pieplates into 1750 points includnig eight scoring and one nonscoring chimera...that's a leafblower.

Path_to_Redemption_08BP_zps61931afa.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifgallery_30308_9518_3663.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users