Eagles Eternal

War Angel

For the bad guys to think they are winning that means that your force has lost men, possibly a large fraction of the force, to get the enemy to think you are on the ropes.

Not necessarily.

Pulling back or being pinend down, unable to move, loosing or abandoning a strategic objective - all of thsoe count as winnign wihout necessarily including a large death toll.

Afte all, if the enemy avoids heavy fighting and abandons positions to you, what is the most probable conclusion? That he is weak and connot afford losses to hold the objective.

HMm...Well I do disagree with the proposed idea of making "planet America".

But the eagle motiff and marksmanship focus? Not bad ideas.

Alternatively you can go the assault marine focus.

Either they have the sharp eyes of the eagle or they descend from on high like eagles. Or both :o

Personally, I'd go with the marksmanship.

I've finished the home world do you can Ignor other comments. If you read it it's effectively a world in which you have a supper power trying to keep control over all these smaller settlements. Because its spread so thin, and the other nations are so far away, it's a stale mate, and try just continue to battle. Any time some one is taken over, it's only a mater of time before they lose control because they can't reinforce.

More, planet revolution

I've added a picture to the article, but the real reason im posting is to ask for the forms opionion. Fluff wise what in you're eyes would make a good gear set for the chapter master?

Im currently making an artificer armored marine to lead my men, an have a few ideas (to include count as weapons) but I would like some outside opinions as to what you guys would like, or imagin to see, leading the chapter.

Thanks for any suggestions

• 2 weeks later...

as ive been working on a model for my chaptermaster, i thought i might make him official and write something about him. this is just a profile if you will, and is by no means finished. C&C are welcome and hoped for. im still unsure as to what to go for his first name. The last name and parts of the story are inspired from the same source that i got the rest of the chapter.

Chapter Master O'Bannon

Brother O'Bannon was inducted into the chapter immediately following the war for Fidelis. As such he was the first Fidelian to be recruited into the chapter. O'Bannon served with the Fourth Company for several years before his transfer to the Second Company.

The young marine earned a spot early on in the Veteran Company after his valiant actions and bravery in the defense of Thraxus Prime from the Ork horde led by wag boss Gore Skaul.

He was later made third squad leader of Second Company after single handedly holding back eldar pirates from overwhelming his position for 27 consecutive hours before reinforcments could arrive. - Siege of Derna

After the death of his Company Commander, O'Bannon assumed his dutys and led the 30 Marine task force and liberated Tri' Ple III from a band of Night Lords led by the infamus "Master of Shadow". After returning control of the world to its govener, O'Bannon was gifted with the "Aquila Edge" an Ancient sword that had long been used as a symbol of leadership. Upon returning to the Chapter his command of Second Company was made permanent and he was honored to carry the Aquila Edge. - Tri' Ple III

When Chapter Master Nicolas was interned into a Dreadnaught sarcophagi, O'Bannon was made the new Chapter Master. Because he is the first Eagle Eternal born of Fidelis, and his natural leadership skills, Chapter Master O'Bannon is highly respected by the Chapter. His presence on the battle field inspires his Marines to achieve great things.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive looked over it and made a few minor changes here and their. mostly grammer, a few cases in which i would start out trying to say some descriptive word, but then added it again at the end of the sentence. please go over it and tell me what you think. i dont think there's too much more to add to it. i do want to write about some heros of the chapter, and i have some ideas about that, but i want that to go with the heros, and i have not yet made said heros.

also if you havent seen him, ive been working on a model for my chaptermaster. theres a link in my sig. once i finish this project ive got 2 maybe three more ideas brewing ready to see the light of day.

Brother O'Bannon was inducted into the chapter immediately following the war for Fidelis. As such he was the first Fidelian to be recruited into the chapter. O'Bannon served with the Fourth Company for several years before his transfer to the Second Company.

The young marine earned a spot early on in the Veteran Company after his valiant actions and bravery in the defense of Thraxus Prime from the Ork horde led by wag boss Gore Skaul.

He was later made third squad leader of Second Company after single handedly holding back eldar pirates from overwhelming his position for 27 consecutive hours before reinforcments could arrive. - Siege of Derna

After the death of his Company Commander, O'Bannon assumed his dutys and led the 30 Marine task force and liberated Tri' Ple III from a band of Night Lords led by the infamus "Master of Shadow". After returning control of the world to its govener, O'Bannon was gifted with the "Aquila Edge" an Ancient sword that had long been used as a symbol of leadership. Upon returning to the Chapter his command of Second Company was made permanent and he was honored to carry the Aquila Edge. - Tri' Ple III

When Chapter Master Nicolas was interned into a Dreadnaught sarcophagi, O'Bannon was made the new Chapter Master. Because he is the first Eagle Eternal born of Fidelis, and his natural leadership skills, Chapter Master O'Bannon is highly respected by the Chapter. His presence on the battle field inspires his Marines to achieve great things.

Cleaned up the grammar and spelling for you a little bit. Love the miniature and your GS skills have gotten much better just from the beginning of the post.

What other things are thinking about adding? Do you have any more ideas for the IA?

EDIT: Just skimmed it over and noticed the Beliefs section is short. First thought was how could you incorporate more of the USMC core values into there? That might be helpful and add more character to the chapter?

Ah, thank you very much. I'm not sure how I want to add that to the ia, I kind of wanted somthing shorter for and more bite sized.

As for things I want to add, I have an idea for a few Heros of the chapter. For beliefs, do you have any suggestions on how to blend something into the IA as opposed to just jaming it down the readers throat?

• 3 months later...

so heres somthing for the belifes section, its not perfect, but let me know what you think.

The Marines of the Eagles Eternal Chapter have a strong yet healthy sense of compitition amongst their brothers. Company's compete against Company, within those Companies Squad's compete amongst each other, and within each Squad marines compete with each other. This has led to more intense training and mentorship of younger Marines. The more seinor Marines take great pride in forging those under their charge into the perfect weapons. To the Chapter, having trained a decorated warrior is an honour in itself. The bonding between a junior Marine and his mentor strenghtens the brotherhood shared amongst the chapter.

i know its not much, but i think its a nice addition, which is very present in modern Marines. i also have an idea on including the "espirt da Corps", calling it the spirt of the chapter and maybe having it be basicly everything thats writen above...

comments are welcome

Hi there,

I throughly enjoyed reading through your IA. It's now pretty much set as a good basis for the chapter.

I like the new idea for competition but I feel the upbringing of younger marines is more important. It strikes me as an idea to have them nurture the dieing/left warriors they use as recruits and reforge them into better beings (can't really use the term people). They show them the way of the Emperor and give them a better mindset whilst training them to Warriors of the Astartes all the same. This could be part of the chapters recompense for its earlier troubles....

Just my thoughts.

Keep up the good the work B)

I would say yeah focus more on the mentorship but don't get rid of the competitiveness completely. After all, it would strive to make them better warriors. I just think the mentorship would be something more important to the chapter being as it could fit in very nicely with their troubled background :P

No that's not what I meant. The background concept is fine :D

I was just talking about the way you kept mentioning that the reason for their lack of fleet cruisers is that the imperium thought they weren't worthy of a refit and they were having a hard time relations wise with the IG and other chapters. Hence my thoughts that they were looking for recompense to this by mentoring lost/dieing souls back into the Emperor's light.

• 1 month later...

sorry for the late reply Calgar. due to the incressed use for power swords in challenges, i may make some more of the swords.

Ive been thinking about a direction change with some of my chapters background. with the Marine Corps 237th birthday tomorrow, i was thinking of how we have such a long history of combat and military decoration. while a 26th founding chapter has around the same number of years as the USMC, two hundred years is not impressive for a space marine chapter.

so im thinking, that i make my chapter older. perhaps somewhere between the 3rd and 10th founing. now, with making my chapter so much older there are some obvius issues with my current fluff. i dont think a 4th founding chapter would be operating using a fleet such as the one my boys use. also the chapter would have had ample time to grow to a full 10 companys.

the solution to the fleet is an easy one. in the begining years this was an issue for the chapter, and they delt with it as such. slowly, over the course of a few thousand years. perhaps some of the long standing ties that the chapter had with rogue trader families and navagator houses are still a time honoured tradition with the marines, still utilized on occasion. another option to this that really fits in with the theme is that the chapter could have gained its fleet though reclaming ships from tratiors during combat. im thinking that maybe the chapter has had this long standing contract with the traders and navagators that they possibly "hire" them on full time to serve and crew their vessels.

the issue with the companies isnt too hard either. one of the main reasons i wanted to have the limited number of companies was to have the scouts in the battle companies, and to add the two specialty companies (representing both FAST company and Marine Force Recon). this can be fixed as easly as the fleet issue. the two specialty companies were developed out of a situational nessesity, and became a time honoured tradition (which also works for the chapter by giving it some traditions). as ill now have a scout company, scouts will be transfered into their respective companies once they've finished their training, but before they become full battle brothers.

the only other change i can think of now is that the chapters parent chapter might not have exsisted then. ill just swith it to either the Imperial Fist, or Crimson Fist.

the only quesion is, do i do it? does any one have any thoughts to this? i would love to hear them.

• 4 weeks later...

having a earlier founding wont hurt you just dont do 2nd. 4th-7th wouldnt be bad as gives you the better part of 8 to 9,000 years for your fluff. many chapters have been known to claim salvage rights after battles. it part of the reason that some chapters took such a long time to recover from the badad<sp?> war. most planets tithe resources to the imperium. chapters are supported by tithes also who says these arent fleet personal as well. (I mean who wants to stay on the farm when they can see foreign countries. no timmy you gotta stay on the farm so lassie dont freak out!)

you dont have to have a scout company and still be a codex chapter. having your scouts trained by parent companies wont hurt the formations.

I'm at work so readin over you notes has been interupted several times so far but I'll post up any questions i have so far aswell as any insights that come to mind soon.

Archived