Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LPC Vow Complete!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,181 posts
Ahh, it feels good to complete such a momentous task within a month. Here it is, my Legio Gryphonnicus Warhound Titan. It was christened this afternoon as the Fortis Venator, or "Brave Hunter."

WIP thread link.

Now, I'll be honest and say it's not done to the level I want it done at, but that simply is because I don't have the skill or capability to do what I want. In time I'm sure I'll get to that point, but for now I declare it complete!

Enjoy :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Seahawk, 31 March 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts
*Clapping*

Impressive brother, impressive. Well done. :P

Edit - Oh, and good choice for it's name. :)

Edited by Olisredan, 31 March 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Lachdannan

Lachdannan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,054 posts
Yeah that is really cool. Congratulations!

Grimdarkness

Grimdarkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
Nice.

Looks and great.
Excuse the spelling and grammar it's a product of a public education.

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,135 posts
Very impressed.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Wayward

Wayward

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Im not very fond of that colour scheme, BUT there are some subtleties in your work that gave me second thoughts about light blue and yellow on Warhounds...

Such large models are never really finished, a myriad of details to add, but you already made great work on it! Congratulations on whats IMHO the most ambitious LPC I saw completed this year!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 16,559 posts
OMG!!! THIS IS A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Doubly so considering the time limitations... Congratulations for this huge success mate!

*collapses by sudden awesomeness attack*

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
Very nice! At first, only the on image of the shin guard loaded for me, so I was thinking you had come up with some new form of Warhound. But then the rest loaded, and I became in awe.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,869 posts
Very nice :D And congrats on finishing your vow!

Ludovic

Posted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,525 posts
WOW, amazing work, Brother. <_<

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Dorns Padawan

Dorns Padawan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts
In the words of Darth Vader 'impressive, most impressive'. I really like the camera angles you got, especailly the last one.
QUOTE (keith @ Sep 12 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad I can buy this in a shop and not a Black Library exclusive...

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought @ Mar 18 2012, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But every 40k player knows that more shots = more accuracy!!!!!!!!!

Looking for servitors for blogging/reviewing on Armour of Faith - PM me for details

Coryphaus 101

Coryphaus 101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 515 posts

In the words of Darth Vader 'impressive, most impressive'. I really like the camera angles you got, especailly the last one.

'The force is strong with this one'.

Very impressive model Seahawk. Well done.
QUOTE (Wolf Lord Kieran @ Jun 11 2012, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Billuriye @ Jun 11 2012, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Janus, we don't know. Since he's a psyker he can't be Loken nor Garro but he's probably one of gents hired by Garro.

well, considering that loken has been crushed by a titan/falling building, survived a virus bomb,, survived a duel with abby, punked lucius the eternal, took a world eater in cc, pwned the 2 marines the WE was with, and then came back to his sanity with a single sentence... i believe that loken will manifest whatever abilites the BL decides to give him.

maybe he is a latent psyker that abilities were brought out by the trauma he suffered in being so awesome. <_<

ThisisJimmy

ThisisJimmy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts
I really love the effect on the plasma blastgun. It really looks like the energy is oscillating down the coils, really love it!

- All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. -

- Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. -

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,181 posts
Thanks everyone!

Im not very fond of that colour scheme, BUT there are some subtleties in your work that gave me second thoughts about light blue and yellow on Warhounds...

Such large models are never really finished, a myriad of details to add, but you already made great work on it!

To be fair, it's actually grey and yellow for the color scheme, but I can see how it could look differently. I do plan on some pimped-out weathering, and I just found out that IA Model Masterclass 2 has a feature on a titan, so I'll be excited to get that in the mail and put tips to use. The first book already gave me tons of tips already; the more the merrier.

I really love the effect on the plasma blastgun. It really looks like the energy is oscillating down the coils, really love it!

I saw the effect on the FW one and I really liked it. I'm happy it came across right!
Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

"I miss using Sly Marbo. I like to think he is still somewhere in the codex, but no one can find the page."

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,500 posts

Posted Image

Love this pic....the angle makes it look "real", if you see what I mean. A daunting sight for anyone on the other side! ^_^

To be fair, it's actually grey and yellow for the color scheme, but I can see how it could look differently. I do plan on some pimped-out weathering, and I just found out that IA Model Masterclass 2 has a feature on a titan, so I'll be excited to get that in the mail and put tips to use. The first book already gave me tons of tips already; the more the merrier.

I must admit, I thought it was blue as well, but I do like the colours regardless ^_^

Yellow is a bugger to paint well, and I prefer the more "muted" yellow, than the "Oh My God! My Retinas!" shade that I've seen on Marine Armour, much less on a Titan.

Great work on this. I doubt I'd have worked out how to assemble the feet in a month to be honest! ^_^

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

WeaponAdept

WeaponAdept

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
Lovely airbrushing. God I love Titans.

gallery_45575_6717_71441.png
Lazy Mini's on FACEBOOK The Imperiums first FREE painting service based in the UK. Take a look and click 'like'
What are you waiting for? It's FREE!

Brother_Fatiswon

Brother_Fatiswon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 687 posts
i don't know why but i have the urge to fine my copy of mechwarrior 4 for some unknown reason :P
yup yup that's like whoa and wow and and and and but you get the idea
thank you for your efforts SiR seahawk
We are Loyalists.
We are His Will.
We are Your DEATH.

dizzy-xc

dizzy-xc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts
Be proud. Your warhound rocks like Meatloaf.
Whether the ork crossed the road or the road simply passed under the ork depends entirely on your perspective.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (greatcrusade08 @ Jul 18 2011, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"But more importantly he's an Ultramarine, he's so cool he doesn't need a helmet in space..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Olisredan @ Jul 25 2011, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever inspires you, is just the spark. The bonfire that is your imagination must already be there, awaiting that spark. Once ablaze all you can do is feed the fire.
~in his zen mood...

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,624 posts
Outstanding work!

As others have said, that last picture is particularly awesome.

jugglingrobot

jugglingrobot

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Very nice sir!

I approve very much.

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
Bravo!

The War Griffins are my favorite Titan Legion and you have done them a great honor. Congratulations on fulfilling your vow is such a spectacular manner.

Cheers,
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Seahawk

Seahawk

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,181 posts
Thank you, thank you gentle folks.

Yellow is a bugger to paint well, and I prefer the more "muted" yellow, than the "Oh My God! My Retinas!" shade that I've seen on Marine Armour, much less on a Titan.

Agreed. The fairly neon green titan in the Apocalypse book is quite a turn off. When I was painting this yellow (Iyanden Darksun and Bleached Bone, btw), I actually thought it looked a bit too brown when I was going onto the parts that were primed in white, though it looked alright on the grey primed parts. In the end it's yellow enough for me.

i don't know why but i have the urge to fine my copy of mechwarrior 4 for some unknown reason

I get the urge to pop in Mechassault to my xbox (s'all I have ;)) and stomp around in a Mad Cat.

The War Griffons has quickly become my favorite legion too, being one of the most decorated and now homeless. Makes for a neat back story, which I'm all about.

Since that last picture is so well-liked, I'm going to take more like that. For now though, you'll just have to settle with that one again, but now it looks like it's from the front lines ;) :

Posted Image

Edited by Seahawk, 04 April 2012 - 04:48 PM.

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
Beautifully done Seahawk.
QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

Gunrunr

Gunrunr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts
Wow, what great work.
[img=http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg][img=http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif][img=http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/CrusadeExpansion8medal2.gif][img=http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/gallery_31084_7604_2732.gif][img=http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A_zps0e182236.gif][url=http://s525.photobucket.com/user/empchamp/media/Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A_zpscbc6fe18.gif.html][img=http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A_zpscbc6fe18.gif][/url][img=http://i.imgur.com/ewiIF.gif]

Avarris

Avarris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
That looks amazing, I am very jealous, I keep holding myself back from buying a Warhound as I could never do it justice. Love the pict feed image, would not want to be seeing that on my screen.