Nemesis Angels

SnakeoilSage

Hmmm...

Sanguinor himself comes and blesses the new chapter master?

Slaneeh hands out demonhood like candy?

Sheeesh. And then you of all people are complaing that my chapter is saved by a unknown force. Because..you know.... Outright declaing it as a fact that Sanguinor came and rescued yours is so much better :o

Hmmm...

Sheeesh. And then you of all people are complaing that my chapter is saved by a unknown force. Because..you know.... Outright declaing it as a fact that Sanguinor came and rescued yours is so much better ;)

Wow, dude, chill out. We're all friends here...And it's Slaanesh by the way :blink:

SoS - Sorry I haven't replied to your question yet, I've been majorly busy. I'll have a read through when I get some spare time.

Hmmm...

Sheeesh. And then you of all people are complaing that my chapter is saved by a unknown force. Because..you know.... Outright declaing it as a fact that Sanguinor came and rescued yours is so much better :)

Read Codex: Blood Angels and tell me if I used the Sanguinor out of context.

As for Slaanesh... yeah. I thought about it and felt it was too much. So I changed it; he just gets a power boost and his psychic potential unlocked. He shows up a few thousand years later as a daemon-prince, though. I think this way works a lot better for his character.

Wow, dude, chill out. We're all friends here...And it's Slaanesh by the way msn-wink.gif

SoS - Sorry I haven't replied to your question yet, I've been majorly busy. I'll have a read through when I get some spare time.

S'all good Ferrus. TrashMan and I have been antagonizing each other all week over what pushes the boundaries of canon.

Yeah, I made quite a few changes since I last asked your question. I might even have answered it myself.

I actually thought about it and after seeing it thought it odd that he's just a deamon prince, I like the new way better. I'm Currious as to what tasks he had to do to get princehood, but such knowledge is best left unknown

I actually thought about it and after seeing it thought it odd that he's just a deamon prince, I like the new way better. I'm Currious as to what tasks he had to do to get princehood, but such knowledge is best left unknown

It's funny because I think Armin Korbal is probably the most interesting character in my Chapter, so to speak. He starts out shallow, vain and petulant but his character is forced to grow more into being a proper evil villain. He doesn't look like a traditional daemon (being gold and alabaster, with roses growing out of his body and angelic wings), but the scar on his face seems to "bleed" ugliness, his own inner madness leaking out for people to see. It keeps people from worshiping him with dreamy-eyed bliss (like they do for Slaanesh). Most of them become insane: their voices and bodies praise him, but their eyes always take on a look of horror. Their conscious thoughts seems to drift away, the way some victims do when they're being beat. Armin sees this, and thus knows that he isn't truly being worshiped. It drives him utterly insane because deep down, he doesn't want to be praised, he wants to be loved. He wants to make others proud of him, the way a child wants vindication from his parents.

I think its apparent that after being forsaken (possibly for decades), Armin managed to work his way back into Slaanesh's good graces. The Dark Prince has become the "parent" in Armin's mind and he desperately wants to earn his praise again.

He's tragic, the more I think about him. He's not Icarus or even Narcissus, he's more like a twisted Batman who chose his path partly because he felt its what he believes his parents want him to do. Its sad that he's too insane to realize how far he's fallen.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for spotting that typo!

Worlds without human populations, or populations that show signs of Chaos taint are of course ignored for recruiting, unless exceptional individuals reveal themselves and pass screening. The Chapter can be flexible in its tithes: a low-population world can substitute a recruit for an appropriate amount of resources such as ammunition, or even raw minerals the Chapter can refine itself. Planets that have no technology and/or are resource-poor can (often gladly) offer more recruits than normal, as they would be a burden on the planet's already rationed resources.

Archived