Completed Squads - Task Force Furael

Bryan Blaire

These are incredible minis; they take me back to the days of 2nd ed DA, where the armour was so close to black there was almost no green. It would be cool if you would get your light source a bit more even in the photos so that we can see the true colours a bit better (honestly, if my first and only criticism is "Could use more light", then you've done an AMAZING job).

Helmet stripes for the sergeant are great, as are all of the extra company/campaign markings that you've put on there. I really appreciate that level of effort and detail (particularly the description of the motifs incorporated into the campaign badge!).

Please to see more?

Mate tbh, there is nothing I cn add/say that has not laready been said by previous posters. Exquisite free-hand, great detail & fantastic min's overall! Kudos for completing your DIY Chapter brother! :)

These are incredible minis; they take me back to the days of 2nd ed DA, where the armour was so close to black there was almost no green. It would be cool if you would get your light source a bit more even in the photos so that we can see the true colours a bit better (honestly, if my first and only criticism is "Could use more light", then you've done an AMAZING job).

Helmet stripes for the sergeant are great, as are all of the extra company/campaign markings that you've put on there. I really appreciate that level of effort and detail (particularly the description of the motifs incorporated into the campaign badge!).

Please to see more?

Love the addition of all the markings and symbols on your squads. It really adds to the effect as a whole. :P

Thanks a bunch guys!

Yeah, the lighting isn't good because I have to make a choice between a single desk lamp or the window sill and hope the ambient light is good. I am working on that, hopefully I can assemble a little bit better photography lighting set up this year.

Glad you guys all seem to like the markings, sadly I pretty much exhausted my brainstorming for these guys, so I'm trying to get some more written/sketched up, I'd like to get something subtly unique for each Marine, but that may be a bit of a stretch. We'll see how much I can actually come up with.

Check out my DA forum WiP thread for what I'm workin' on right now (CC Termi prototype almost finished).

• 5 months later...

Gathrael, Lauded Knight of the Scouring Whirlwind, Venerable Dreadnought of the Deathwalker company, in all his glory!

360 shots:
sml_gallery_59244_8153_261303.jpgsml_gallery_59244_8153_156097.jpgsml_gallery_59244_8153_20602.jpgsml_gallery_59244_8153_18738.jpg

Closer ups:
Knight of the Scouring Whirlwind, Aquila with open backward looking eye:
gallery_59244_7332_22725.jpggallery_59244_7332_51997.jpg
Sadly, I don't really like how the checker pattern didn't come out even.

Light, Burn on scrolling, and Purity Seal and then Caliban and Mortis on scrolling:
gallery_59244_7332_44851.jpggallery_59244_7332_15711.jpg

Leg plate with name on scrolling:
gallery_59244_7332_25665.jpg

I know the base isn't finished, but I had only planned on doing the model itself. The base will be completed later as a project as I recently came across a 40K basing kit and I want to take some time and see if there's anything good to use on the base.

CnC, thoughts, ideas, comments?

• 2 months later...
I'm just seeing your dreadnought for the first time, Brother Bryan, and I am very impressed. It's not just your attention to detail, but the fact that you put a lot of thought into what you're doing and why you're doing it that makes it special. Let's see some more work! ^_^

Blindhamster, sorry for the long reply, sometimes I forget about this thread in favor of my DA forum WiP one. I'm glad you like! This guy was quite a bit of work, but fun to paint up and I tried out a few new things on him.

Brother Kovash, thanks a bunch for the praise (and reminding me this thread was here)! I also glad you like him! I posted a mostly finalized IA for the Stoneburners in the Brotherhood of Angels thread, but I think there's only one armor marking on this guy explained there. I'm getting more of my squads finished for my Quelling of Hybreon IV story line, so I'll be posting those up as I get them finalized. I did replace some of the images of the first squad when I got the bases all finished and re-photographed them. Take a gander, see if they still hold up. I also have some new images of the Dreadnought that I'll be putting up soon.

Thanks all for looking! Any CnC is still appreciated.

• 1 month later...

blink.gif

VERY impessive!!

Bring on the tanks!!

^

Missed theese when they were originally posted. They look really nice. All the small details really makes them stand out and look more alive. And I like the fact that there is some thought behind the details. Good work!

Thanks a bunch guys! Sorry for the late replies!

Race Bannon and Brother Tyrax, I think a tank may be very much in order after I finish the last four Tactical Marines I vowed for the LPC. At the least, I will redo the Predator I already have "completed" and get it up to snuff with all these guys. However, I may be needing to do a transport instead.

Mortarion, glad you like the detailing, I have been enjoying coming up with the ideas behind everything and building up my DiY bit by bit!

A couple of more shots of the Gathrael (Ven Dread) with the completed power fist and base:

sml_gallery_59244_5847_115778.jpgsml_gallery_59244_5847_45319.jpggallery_59244_5847_10161.jpg

sml_gallery_59244_5847_41458.jpgsml_gallery_59244_5847_42031.jpg

(Larger images of all of these can be found in my gallery)

Now, I have completed the first three members of the 7 Tactical Marines I vowed for the LPC (actually 2 Tact Marines and 1 Sgt). The completed five man combat squad led by Sergeant Barathiel:

gallery_59244_8077_34826.jpg

(More images of Barathiel himself - 360 degree view, etc - and his squad can be found in my DA Forum Stoneburners thread, a link is in my signature)

And finally, a "Completed Works" army shot!

med_gallery_59244_5847_244651.jpg

(Again, a larger image can be found in the link to my gallery)

Hope you guys and gals enjoy!

Archived