Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ravenwing Storm Raven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
So I gave in a few weeks ago when given an option to buy a brand new Storm Raven at 60% of list.

I know the Dark Angels cannot officially take one but I could not resist. After a bit of feeling the water (Thanks Capt S, you convinced me) I have plunged on the idea of painting it up as an addition to my Ravenwing - after all with the name Storm Raven, what else could I do ;)

I ordered the "Pimp my Raven" stretched Limo kit from Chapterhouse studios as I don't like the proportions of the original and am waiting for it to turn up.

This week I will be putting some of the sub-assemblies together and will upload photos on Fri.

I am expecting this to take a while especially as the extra bits have not shipped yet!

Fingers crossed it will be in the DA's next Codex :D

Edited by Elmo9141, 11 May 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,391 posts
Good luck mate! Take your time with that - it will be a focal point in your army! And I sure hope it's included in our new dex...

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
After 3 nights work the Turret (Las cannons only at the moment) and Hurricane bolters are complete and more good news is that Chapterhouse are sending out the stretched kit soon.

Hurricane Bolters

Posted Image

Posted Image

Turret

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The side panels over the turret weapons are magnetised so I will be able to swap and change as I want.

Posted Image

I just noticed a little tidying up that needs to be done - I hate camera close ups :D

Comments welcome

HJL

HJL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,431 posts
Rules for the storm hawk are up on forge world. You can use it legitimatly now :)

http://www.forgeworl...TORM_EAGLE.html

"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

Ulthan the Perverse

What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.

The Shadow Guard

The Shadow Guard

++ GRAND MASTER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,416 posts

Rules for the storm hawk are up on forge world. You can use it legitimatly now :D

http://www.forgeworl...TORM_EAGLE.html

You mean the STORM EAGLE..... which is different to the STORM RAVEN..... who knows may be we'll get the STORM MAGPIE all to ourselves! B)

SG
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
+++ Shadow Guard +++ Keeper of the Fortress +++ Member of the Inner Circle +++

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
Or even the Storm Budgie! ;)

It could be played as the Storm Eagle until it is added to our new codex - this would be too good an oportunity for GW to miss for extra cash income (Maybe the LSS as well :lol: ).

To be honest I will not normally play this in games but just wanted a challenge of an unusual (to the DAs) model.

It will more than likely end up gathering dust as a display model. We'll see :D

The Shadow Guard

The Shadow Guard

++ GRAND MASTER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,416 posts
So far looks pretty crisp... and the Chapterhouse add-ons are quite interesting... make it look a lot better than Storm Tweety normally looks! :D

SG

WatchCaptainAzrael

WatchCaptainAzrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts
Storm Magpie is gonna be a Blood Ravens exclusive vehicle. It will also pack a powerful magnet and a mini-armory inside filled with "gifts". :D
23.jpg
I am a bundle of stress and insecurities. Ignoring me is best thing you can do for 70% of the time.

MadDoc

MadDoc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,338 posts
My personal guess is that we may well get the Stormhawk as our flier (painted in Chapter Green of course, as being a flier/aircraft it'll be an Armoury vehicle :D). Its a Heresy era craft and so would be a good tie in to the Ancient tech angle.

Edited by MadDoc, 10 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

HQ.gifMDHQ.gif
--------------------
ETL 2016 Banner 02 Oath Breaker
wallbash.gif

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
*****Notice*****

Now that the LSS opinions thread has been locked I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on how/why/why not the Ravenwing etc.

Will all Brothers keep their comments to - yes it looks lovely etc.

Thanks
Elmo

The Shadow Guard

The Shadow Guard

++ GRAND MASTER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,416 posts
I will re-iterate yes it does looks lovely so far... :D

SG

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
:D

Edit:
Just got an email form Chapterhouse - the stretch kit has dispatched :lol:

Edited by Elmo9141, 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM.

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
New Transmission ******

Last night I managed to paint the Techmarine Pilot and the cockpit - but you will have to wait until Fri/Sat for the pictures :)

Tonight will be the remaining turret weapons options and tomorrow night the engines.

I love it when a plan comes together :teehee:

Capt. S. you have made me an addict!!!

Edited by Elmo9141, 11 April 2012 - 10:40 AM.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,391 posts
Great stuff Elmo! Can't wait for the weekend to see pics! It's coming along very nicely so far and the add-on will be an excellent addition!

And you were an addict looong before I came along! :) you know it, I know it! :teehee:

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts

And you were an addict looong before I came along! ;) you know it, I know it! :teehee:

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds it may incriminate me! :)

Edited by Elmo9141, 11 April 2012 - 12:44 PM.

Brother Immolator

Brother Immolator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
This looks lovely.I would have painted the weapon barrels something else as i dont like red,but heck its your toy :)

I have only heard good thingies about the chapterhouse 'chicken enlargement kit' but i never saw it in action.

So:Can i has a pic when you put the gubinz in?

Edited by Brother Immolator, 11 April 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gif
"Ninety-nine boltershells in my bandolier! Ninety-nine shells in my bandolier! Shoot a heretic down Load another round Ninety-eight boltershells in my bandolier!"

EPK

EPK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,989 posts
Looking good Elmo. I have no criticism (YET!!! muhahaha). All your highlighting lines are very crisp and clean. Keep it up.

And if we wind up getting something like the FW Storm Eagle in the next dex, your stretch Storm Raven will fit just fine as a proxy.

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts

So:Can i has a pic when you put the gubinz in?

Of course you can - may take a while though - 10 to 20 days is the delivery estimate :)

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,655 posts
Very nice work so far!
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
With 'Raven' in the name how could it fail to fit into the Chapter?

Lastly: love red weapons!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,215 posts
Elmo, great job so far, I'm not a fan of red weapon details so much, but you are definitely pulling everything off well (and it fits the rest of your army ^_^). I like the detailing on the gunner-servitor's control panels!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
Thanks guys

It is only a shame that the canopy hides much of the work on the servitor and the controls.
When I take the photos of the Pilot and cockpit I will leave the canopy off so you can see the details :D

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,763 posts
Loving this so far! Keep it up!

elmo

elmo

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,429 posts
As promised the photos of the last 3 nights work....

Techmarine pilot

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with the canopy on

Posted Image

I know from other threads that his colours will probably cause discussion in itself but I wanted him to look a part of the Ravenwing but still be identified as a Techmarine hence the Red/Black. I think it works well ;)

Ignore the white dots on the fuselage top section - it is only undercoated at the moment. It needs a little more work where the eagle was removed from the canopy and replaced with the DA Icon. You can still see the outline.

Nose weapon options

Twin linked Melta

Posted Image

Twin linked Heavy Bolter

Posted Image

Missiles

Posted Image

All together

Posted Image

The Missiles need a bit of work to make them fit snug - they are a little loose at the moment.

Engines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have removed the winglet from the engines - this has to be done to fit on the Chapterhouse kit.

Turret weapon options

Posted Image

Comments welcome :(

EPK

EPK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,989 posts
Looks good Elmo. Regardless of the pilot's station, I think the red ties all the other red accents together nicely and gives a nice splash of color to a part that may have been mostly black otherwise.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,391 posts
Agree with EPK! This is coming along very nicely! The pilot certainly catches the eye! I really like the black/red/metal combo!

Can't wait for the fuselage and the finished thing!

So a Techmarine permanently attached to the RW! Get ready for flak! ;)