***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase III***

Captain Semper

Well this was it.

The Dark Angels are Champions for 2012 and we should be proud. The overall effort of the DA sub-forum for LPC – 2012 can be found in the following threads:

“Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase I – Taking the vow”

“Librarium’s Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II – Keeping the promise”

But the LPC was a big effort from a lot of people -not just DAs- and this is an attempt for an overview of the results of the whole event.

First, the statistics.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY STATISTICS DIFFER SOMEWHAT FROM SIGISMUND HIMSELF. I GO WITH MINE AND WILL BE GLAD TO ANSWER ANY SPECIFIC QUESTIONS IN RELATION TO MY NUMBERS.

The LPC as a whole:

This year was the LPC with the highest vow count. The total vows submitted across all sub-forums stood at 325 – a 25% increase from 261 in 2011 which in turn stood 24% higher from the 211 vow count of 2010. The outcome can also be considered the most successful as 148 completions were the most ever and also represent an increase from last year’s completion rate (46% vs. 41% in 2011). So not only the number of completions was higher but the implied commitment also increased vs. last year. So I’d say that this was the most successful LPC todate.

Dark Angels:

It is evident that this year the DAs scored the highest in both the absolute amount of completions and completion rate (excluding the single vow sub-forums). With the second highest vow-count of 52 (which itself represented a 93% increase compared to 2011) the DAs delivered an unprecedented 81% completion rate (single vow forums notwithstanding). I’d say this would be too hard a record to break even by DAs in the future…Needless to say that the record 42 completions the DAs easily secured the title of the 2012 Champion.

Blood Angels:

Blood Angels with a last minute effort managed to maintain their usual high levels of completions (25) but this year this was done against a record-high vow count (60). This translated to a decline of their completion rate to 42% vs. a more substantial 47% last year and even more robust 55% in 2010. Still they managed to be the sub-forum with the second largest completion-count, marginally beating last year’s performance. If DAs had scored close to their historic levels, BAs would undoubtedly be the winners again this year.

Black Templars:

The BTs, was the third sub-forum in terms of vow submissions, (I believe taking vows is a national sport for these guys :lol:) had better completion rates compared to BAs (46%) but the absolute amount of completions was somewhat lower at 22. However it was way better to last year’s results of just 10. I think the BTs showed impressive dedication this year (again a trait of their faction ;)) as they showed the second highest increase in completions (+120%!)

Index Astartes:

IA, the fourth largest in terms of vow submissions (39 counting two that are marked [iA?]), had a marginally better performance in absolute completions compared to last year (15 vs. 14 in 2011) but a sharp decline in their completion rate compared to last year (39% vs. 52%).

The following table shows the completions per sub-forum, their completion rates (i.e. completions per submitted vows per sub-forum - a measure of dedication to the cause if you wish B)) as well as the performance in the previous years (the sub-forum competition started in 2010).

So, with no further ado here are the results:

LPC-2012 results
Dark Angels 42 10 9 81% 37% 36%
Blood Angels 25 24 23 42% 47% 55%
Black Templars 22 10 7 46% 50% 37%
Index Astartes (1) 15 14 9 38% 52% 39%
Chaos Asendant 11 11 2 35% 58% 40%
Liber Astartes (2) 8 9 12 32% 20% 34%
Space Wolves 8 10 11 38% 38% 42%
Ordos Inquisition 5 7 2 24% 50% 20%
Ultramarines 7 10 24 54% 56% 47%
Adeptus Mech 0 - - 0% - -
Homegrown Rules 1 - - 100% - -
Not pledged 2 1 0 n/m n/m n/m
Legio exclusive (3) 2 2 - 40% - -
Total LPC 148 108 101 46% 41% 48%
Legio-all inclusive (4) 6 - - 50% - -

Phew! The code for this table alone qualified me as a Techmarine!

Notes:

1. I have included the vows of Lord Bearer and Molloch in IAs total vows raising them to 39. Both were denoted [iA?] by Sigismund Himself. Excluding them the completion rate stands at 41% (neither completed their vows).

2. I have included the vow of Psyberius Deamonbane as he declared for LAs in his WIP thread. He is denoted [?] by Sigismund Himself.

3. Legio Exclusive are the vows that were pledged to Legio exclusively in order to avoid double counting.

4. Legio- all inclusive, includes all the Legio vows, even those that were pledgeD for other sub-forums as well.

Secondly, opinions.

So, what do you guys make of these statistics? I would very much like to read opinions and obviously members that frequent other sub-forums are also very welcome to contribute their thoughts!

I am absolutely amazed at the Numbers across the past years. Last year I completed my Vow, but I did not know I was just 10% of the total.

Reviewing the #'s does indicate that most factions did stay within their completion ratio. But we sure did throw a wrench in the machine.

So I am just going to throw down the Gauntlet right now. Lets do it again next year...

I'll have to admit that I have no idea what the C:DA will be like in 2013, but I can already imagine what I'll Vow...

I know I have said this before but....

All hail Captain Semper - Master of Recruits - for bullying/nagging/encouraging/cajoling and poking with a sharp stick that kept us all productive in this years LPC

Battle Helm off to you sir :(

Count me in for next year!!!

congrats to the dark angels! Well done, brothers. You beat us this year, even though I (and I believe many with me) tried my best to catch up with you in the last few days, actually completing my vow on the 30th of march :(

But hail to you, a well deserved win! Very impressive numbers

I wonder if Isaiah and Shadow guard,now that they finished with will remember my small request...

Anyway,from what i see we nearly coupled the total completions ever!

I am also a tad bit disappointed at the UM and Wolves.The wolves have a dedicated fan base,that goes back to the stale years of 'no new codex'.

Have they turned complacent and turned to sleep?

Captain,i wonder if you werent here to goad and poke us what would that table depict now?

We all did manage something great here and proven that if we place our backs to it we can do whatever needs to be done.

Yet,the biggest challenge for the champion,is not to win.Its to maintain his throne.We have an obligation to maintain first place for at least two more years :(

It's all you Bro, Capt Semper lead, drove, nagged, cajoled and encouraged us all to achieve- and as a Legion we did.

Coolio.

This. Our victory is the triumph of Semper :(

Now I have to create a Marine to represent him now haha, maybe for next years competition??

Twas truly our great Captain who led us to victory. Also, I've already made one of my Marines as Semper. Congrats guys!

Tremendous work my brothers. We have stood shoulder to shoulder and fought with courage and honor, proving the First Legion will not be denied.

It's amazing to see how much our participation has improved since last year. But there's no reason to stop now. I'm already planning what I would like to accomplish for next year's vow, and with a possible new codex on the horizon, an influx of new recruits can only help us achieve our objective of competing next year that much greater.

I won't make a decision until next fall. But I am leaning towards a dreadnought chaplain with a lucius pattern drop pod. Deathknell strike force go go.

Paul

Thank you guys - your comments re-charge my batteries! :woot:

I would like to note that both the BAs and the BTs beat last year's performance. Especially the BTs managed a tremendous feat, more than doubling last year's completions (+120%) and managing roughly the same completion rate! If the BAs managed last year's completion rate they would manage 30 completions no sweat!

I'm sure now everybody knows that the stakes are high! Next time we should expect fierce resistence! hahahaha!!!

EDIT: A thing I don't get is why the SWs, the most active subforum of all, are not more involved? They have a new-ish book, their range is updated (they got some wolves on wolves prettey recently too) and the SW theme certanly lends itself to some crazy conversions! Weird...

EDIT: A thing I don't get is why the SWs, the most active subforum of all, are not more involved? They have a new-ish book, their range is updated (they got some wolves on wolves prettey recently too) and the SW theme certanly lends itself to some crazy conversions! Weird...

I don't really get that one either. In something like the LPC more competition is better for everyone.

Also, thanks Semper for all your hard work this year, I'm pretty sure our numbers are entirely down to your efforts.

Great work you have made these past months. I, Taranis of the Blood Angels, salute you and praise your achievements. Very well done. It is shining example of the devotion of The Emperors sons. I look forward to next years LPC and hope it will further increase the achievements of all our chapters.

Very enlightening to see the evolution of the LPC over the years. :mellow:

Brothers, I have failed you, words cannot begin to summarise the shame I feel, I am not fit to count my lowly head amongst the crowns of the emperors first and finest.

But believe me, I will redeem myself, Every last unpainted model that was party to my sin will be hunted down and painted without relent, and I swear to you that next year, my vow will be amongst the first complete.

There's no real excuse guys, it's true that I never expected to suddenly find a job and start working full time half way through the vow, and that is what got in my way when it came to the last few days, but really I should have allocated my time better. Sorry guys, but hey Congratulations to all 42 of you! Very well done, you do the chapter proud, Semper specifically, this victory was yours, it is without any question or argument that you were at the head, leading the mighty sons of the lion to victory personally, I don't think it would have been done without you, well done man, top bloke, and to you fellow fallen:

REPENT! REPENT LEST YOU REMAIN UNFORGIVEN! REDEEM YOUR SINS AGAINST YOUR BROTHERS AND THE LION!

Archived