***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase III***

Captain Semper

Don't sweat it Brother Tengo, the greatest honor we can bestow on our fellow brothers is to pick each other up when we fall down. Just to make a vow is an accomplishment in itself, since I'm sure there are some out there who felt intimidated by the task at hand. Next year we will be within each subforum's bolter sights, and we will need each brother to face down their fears and overcome them to retain our glory.

Well said. :D Next year I hope to paint as least twice the models I painted this year, aka have a bit more 'serious' vow.

Never thought it would be this much fun though. Painting is, for me, most of the time a chore. This was/is not, I cant wait to go on holiday and take some of my DW models with me, to paint them. This LPC really motivated me to paint more, and have a plan to paint a (for now) small list and work from there.

Time is still precious, at the moment, but I cant wait to take up the brushes again. This is all thanks to Captain Semper, I really feel I should model... something to honour him. Either a scout sergant, a normal sergant, a captain... Not sure what/how/when, but it WILL be done.

Thanks Semper, and thanks all you out there that participated. Even if you failed, you still went along and did what you cold. That counts for something, I think.

Hell, I did even only 1 model, most of you did a whole lot more!

Strange, but somehow I feel 'proud' to have participated, and I really enjoyed all the different threads and posts (and pictures) you all posted.

I am sure I'll do it again next year (unless the Mayas are right, then well, at least I have participated in 1 LPC in my life ;)) and I hope you all do too.

And, I really hope that Captain Semper will be there, just like this year, to encourage us all and keep us focussed to make sure we, again, hit a high percentage and take home the 'title'.

Cheers mates! *raises glass* Keep on painting!

So we ask the question.. can we maintain the momentum as our next edition codex is released and then pile on a Victory in 2014? :D ;)

SG

Maintaining a momentum is quite difficult IMHO.However with the precent established this year,we should do well and appoint an active and capable member to goad,poke and organize us next year.This year we were lucky and Captain Semper felt the need and did it himself and thus the great results.

Organization for the sons of the Lion is their first name after all.

A big congratulations to the Dark Angels and to Captain Semper in particular for his rallying of the subforum. As promised, here's the Champion's signature! (featuring bevulf's Ezekiel)

gallery_21629_1792_15461.gif

[img=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1334119848/gallery_21629_1792_15461.gif]

A big congratulations to the Dark Angels and to Captain Semper in particular for his rallying of the subforum. As promised, here's the Champion's signature!

gallery_21629_1792_15461.gif

[img=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1334119848/gallery_21629_1792_15461.gif]

This is so cool for the DA.

So tell me Sig, how far are you from Townsville? I was there with the RAR for a while in 76.

Brothers,

As the final act of this adventure, you may now don the mantle of the Champion. Do so with honor and pride, for you deserve it, having won it against tough and vicious opponents who however made the mistake to measure their worth against the Angels of Darkness!

Now rest, until you are called again for the DAs will never be found wanting!

The Chapter is all that matters!

EDiT: There couldn't have been a better choice than bevulf's Libby! :teehee:

Hmmph. As if any less were to be expected of the First Legion? Sadly, I may well be unable to lend my weight to next year's effort, as I'm moving to Tokyo after Christmas...and I'm not sure what time and facilities I'll have available for the hobby while in Japan. If possible, of course, I'll at least take a minor vow (paint one helmet :D ), but anything substantial, like this year's tactical squad, is probably out of the question...a shame, since I'm still thirty marines short of rounding out the fifth company. We'll see!

Brothers, I make two motions...first, that we all invent new and interesting pennances for the ten brothers who failed in their oaths of moment. Second, should we find that even one of those ten brothers is running around with both a "vow failed" banner and a "2012 Champion" banner in his signature...well, he'll soon find that he'd prefer room 42 to what I have in store for him...and you're welcome to get in line behind me, in case there's anything left of that miserable soul when I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...
This may be a silly question but how do we get out banners put on our posts?

Not at all. Just copy the following code in your signature. you can make a signature by going to your profile and choose "edit signature". Let me know if you have trouble with it. ;)

Archived