Death Guard warband showcase.

I'm a big fan of this thread but I think that new head looks a little cartoon. Cheesy grin and lack of detail make the lack of detail on the rest of the model whereas before the ultra detailed head contrasted nicely with the rest. Just my opinion though :o keep up the wips, love them!!!

the new head doesnt suit the detail level imo, as above mentioned .

that being said the model is awesome and if the head where to be changed somehow it would be awesome, im considering copying the idea for the legs and arms as it makes for such a beast of a model

for the head maybe have it less hood like and more triangle shaped by removing the edges from one side towards the ear and would be hairline area, have it half covering the head so you can see one side of the face similar to what megatron had in the dark of the moon film, something like that would retain the hood but add abit of detail as a face, if you understand all of that lol

and one question are those the new obliterator legs with the fleshy skin bit removed?

I can see why you changed the head as it will always be associated with Khorne but that new one is.... frankly awful.... at least compared to the rest of the body - for me it really takes away character from the model as it is a complete cop out.

Love that guy, I'm always jealous that I never have these ideas first! Maybe to solve the complaints regarding the lack of detail on the head (if it's something you're worried about) it make the "hood" appear stitched together from a patchwork of smaller pieces of flesh, and the horn poking through it so that it's a cloth draped over his face like an executioners hood...

Wow, this newest head really seems to part the waters - interesting. :)

I'll have to say that the new head really does look better in person - theres a lot of detail that can't be seen on the crappy pics of green stuff - like rivets, battle damage, etc.

I've primed him tonight, and I'm still very happy with the head - I'm sure you'll be convinced when I get some paint on him. :)

The head almost lends to the whole of the model. Where before I was focused on the head, with the zerker helmet, now I'm drawn to the whole model and the head is an interesting point. It fits better with your scheme, imo, as well, and as you said I think it will be much better received with paint.

I am throwing money and pants at the screen but nothing is happening :-(

Seriously though, I can only repeat my earlier sentiment: You know what 40k is about, man.

How hard was it to seperate the Oblit parts from the model to use them on yours?

I've gotten some paint on Pandemion, the scourge of life. I'm pretty pleased with it, I would have liked the head to be more of a focal point, being lighter in colour, but it was a challenge doing that while still having contrast to the lower face. Still, I like him a lot. I hope the paint makes him look better for those of you that didn't like the new head.

8.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

Archived