Death Guard warband showcase.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Pandemion had his baptism in fire tonight, against Validar (user here) and his Grey Knights, and beat them to a pulp. He challenged and killed off a terminator justicar, a librarian, a grand master and a dreadknight. Job well done. :D

And my Champions and heroes are never that awesome why?

-Tarvik

Sorry if you've already covered it, didn't see it when i read through the thread though, would you mind sharing your recipe for the dirty white? It's this thread that inspired me to choose death guard for the new codex, and would like to recreate the pre-heresy colours gone dirty effect you have going on.

Thanks a lot. :) I'm messing with an idea for a maulerfiend, but the concept is not quite finalized yet. I am considering using a heldrake as basis. :)

Sorry if you've already covered it, didn't see it when i read through the thread though, would you mind sharing your recipe for the dirty white? It's this thread that inspired me to choose death guard for the new codex, and would like to recreate the pre-heresy colours gone dirty effect you have going on.

Yup, covered that (alot! ;) ) before, but I'll tell one more time. :)

Prime with skull white, paint all trims knarloc green (dilluted, so the sharp edges shine through, giving "autohighlights") and wash with dilluted devlan mud. Afterwards all recesses are carefully painted with badab black wash.

When I see threads like this, I wonder why I even bother converting and painting....

Awesome job dude!

EDIT: That chaos lord reminds me of the Mouth of Sauron. Can you post a tutorial on how you made the head?

Erm... I am not really up to doing another one in green stuff, but I can tell you the process. Basically cut down cheekbones and horns on a plaguebearer head, pin a plastic horn the forehead (so the plastic glue will adhere to the plastic head, insted of trying to glue it to green stuff - very little contact surface.), and carefully sculpt the helmet from there. It's not that difficult, just take your time and mind the sharp edges. The rivets on the bottom are made from small dots of white carpenters glue, ala the eyes on the fly. Hope it helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the power of grey skull...

The only problem with Amazing threads like these is people describing them as "win" and over use of that jaw drop face.

These conversations are well executed and creative and makes me want to get a nurgle army of inferior design by comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived