Death Guard warband showcase.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Badass Chaos Army - amazing work dude. I think I speak with everyone who has seen your work - it is very impressive.

Can I please ask: where did you get the pieces to make your Dark Magos/Apothecary who leads your Daemon-Virus infected marines?

Specifically the head/hood and the chains?

I am currently trying to find inspiration for a unit of Nurgle bikers and I think a similar style would be perfect for my Chaos Lord or Aspiring Champion.

Good God, your miniatures are inspiring pieces of gorgeous art! Grandfather Nurgle should be pleased with your progress. I look forward to seeing new additions to your Death Guard. :D

kudos!

the whole thing here is incredible man..

you make me like chaos even I despise it with my all self since almost 20 years..

finally some creepy and disgusting nurgle goodies that well fit with the new plaguebeares (excellent sculpts imo)

the dark dreadknight made me almost decide to start some random chaos army to push that in..

but I won't yeld to the dark powers whispers..

chaos will be just pre heresy thousand sons and pre heresy alpha legion for me.. :)

p.s. Im dead curious to see what would you come up with for armies like those...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to say this thread is amazing. Everything you've done I've seen in other threads but I only just found your WIP thread (through your submission in the HQ thread) and I have to say it blows me away. You have achieved such amazing feats of skill and creativity it is actually a little intimidating. I say this because much of what you've done I can resonate with as my own mind generates things similar and equally impressive. However, my skill level in green stuff is virtually non-existent and my painting talents are flaccid in comparison and your work has provokes dual emotions in me. It inspires me to attempt to achieve the same level of skill and detail, but at the same time it makes me doubt my own abilities moving forward.

I just really need to work on my green stuff skills because the amount of character and life you bring to each and every model is beyond words. I would want to play against this army, I would want to play with this army, I would be happy to just SEE it in person. Truly epic, worthy of all the praise it can get. Excellent work sir.

• 6 months later...

Rasmus, what did you make the big demon prince from? The robe is GS, i get that. The shoulder pads are from the daemon prince, and maybe the torso as well? The haft of the scythe is GS over brass rod (?) and the sythe blade is plasticard? What is the open handed arm and flesh spike from?

Or wait, are the shoulder pads from the metal Nurgle Daemon Prince? Holy cow if that's true... woot.gif

Would you take commission work to make a similar figure? E-mail chrisvalera (at) gmail dot com

--Chris

www.chrisvalera.com

• 1 month later...

Since I'm late to the party, I have a question about one of your first units, the strain with the horror/dryad bits.

They look great as beserkers, but I was wondering if you had a reasoning for how they technically don't have any pistols.

It's a similar thing with a conversion I have coming up using cold ones as bikers. In that case they technically will have a bolter in one hand, but no twin-linked bolters.

I was trying to figure some way of mounting bolters on them, but they look out of place or would detract from the models, so I was considering just saying the cold ones spit acid to count as the twin-linking.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

@ Chris Valera: Yep, the shoulder pads are from the resin Nurgle prince. The arms are from the Skaven hellpit abomination, and the torso is the DE Talos. The scythe is, as you guessed, brass rod, greenstuff and plasticard. Unfortunately, I don't do comission pieces, except for friends (in that case non-profit) - after having worked as a pro musician for 5 years, it took me a while to really enjoy playing music again, so I've decided not to mix work and hobby - my thanks for understanding. I want my free time to be my own.

@ Nerull: Actually, I've never used them as anything but possessed, due to the same problems you mention. Yes, I know possessed suck, but I put them in a land raider to get at least a little mileage out of them, and they look great on the table.

Archived