Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death Guard warband showcase.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
488 replies to this topic

Rob_Loken

Rob_Loken

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,562 posts
That's what the daemon engines should have looked like. Brilliant stuff.

WE BRING LORGARS TEACHINGS

20160608105107_1_zpsatoqen6z.jpg

Ahrimannine

Ahrimannine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Wow! Badass Chaos Army - amazing work dude. I think I speak with everyone who has seen your work - it is very impressive.

Can I please ask: where did you get the pieces to make your Dark Magos/Apothecary who leads your Daemon-Virus infected marines?

Specifically the head/hood and the chains?

I am currently trying to find inspiration for a unit of Nurgle bikers and I think a similar style would be perfect for my Chaos Lord or Aspiring Champion.

Edited by Ahrimannine, 14 February 2013 - 02:41 PM.

My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts

The difference between the new deamon engines and  your conversion is like night and day. The former is goody and more than a little dumb looking, while that conversion is terrifying. Simply stunning

Edited by Reinhard, 14 February 2013 - 07:32 PM.

ETL_04_Primus_Inter_Pares_V2.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A-1.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Pors

Pors

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Good God, your miniatures are inspiring pieces of gorgeous art! Grandfather Nurgle should be pleased with your progress. I look forward to seeing new additions to your Death Guard. :D

Prideth Goeth Before the Fall, So Sayeth The Emperor

Pariah Mk.231

Pariah Mk.231

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 867 posts

I wish I could possess you and use your skills to build myself an army this awesome.

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but Khorne wants skulls, kill, maim, burn maybe?

Blood, Lies and Iron - My Iron Warriors log http://www.bolterand...l-of-chaos-log/ 

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Brother Masariel

Brother Masariel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 358 posts

kudos!

the whole thing here is incredible man..

you make me like chaos even I despise it with my all self since almost 20 years..

finally some creepy and disgusting nurgle goodies that well fit with the new plaguebeares (excellent sculpts imo)

the dark dreadknight made me almost decide to start some random chaos army to push that in..

but I won't yeld to the dark powers whispers..

chaos will be just pre heresy thousand sons and pre heresy alpha legion for me.. :)

p.s. Im dead curious to see what would you come up with for armies like those...

Ordo Brianteo's Master of the Forge

aka Sanguinary Priest Masariel @ Legio Divina Empyreum Battlebarge
aka Rogue Autarch Daediner Devyr @ Matsemaha Forest Craftworld
aka Fio'O D'Shaska'Mas'Kais @ D'Shas'Ka D.E.B. Cadre
aka Shaman Shaper Kurr'ahk @ Mashamundi Warsphere
aka Tech Adept Mash @ Mechanicum Survey Expedition 99 bis
aka Lieutenent Maze @ A.C.M.E. 9th Airborne Company
aka High Lord Belthameth @ Eternal Ilk Tomb World
aka Volpedo Macerati @ Miragliano Lucky Aces Mordheim Warband

zxyogi

zxyogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

Some awesome work going on here!!

'Brothers! These foul Aliens stand before us, thinking they are powerful enough to resist us! But they have made one, massive, terrible mistake; they have forgotten who they face!'
'FOR WE ARE THE MARINES MALEVOLENT, CHOSEN OF THE EMPEROR, THE ONLY TRUE SERVANTS OF HIS GLORIOUS WILL!! FORGED WITH HATE, ARMORED WITH TRUTH, TEMPERED WITH BLOOD!!! THESE XENOS SHALL FALL!!!! FOR GLORY! FOR HATE!! FOR THE GREAT CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marines Malevolent.........The Emperors Finest.
Hall of Honour: http://www.bolterand...p...lent&st=125
WIP: http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2872270

Sons of Heracles

WIP http://www.bolterand...htsupdate-1314/

Nemissary

Nemissary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

You are a Nurgle Genius!  Sorry I don't have any advice or hints, just pure love for your ideas.  Wonderful stuff!  I cannot even explain how great some of your ideas are.  Keep it up :)

Tarok

Tarok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Faaaaaaaar out, dude! Leaves one speechless! :)

Ravenfeld

Ravenfeld

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,008 posts

I have to say this thread is amazing. Everything you've done I've seen in other threads but I only just found your WIP thread (through your submission in the HQ thread) and I have to say it blows me away. You have achieved such amazing feats of skill and creativity it is actually a little intimidating. I say this because much of what you've done I can resonate with as my own mind generates things similar and equally impressive. However, my skill level in green stuff is virtually non-existent and my painting talents are flaccid in comparison and your work has provokes dual emotions in me. It inspires me to attempt to achieve the same level of skill and detail, but at the same time it makes me doubt my own abilities moving forward.

I just really need to work on my green stuff skills because the amount of character and life you bring to each and every model is beyond words. I would want to play against this army, I would want to play with this army, I would be happy to just SEE it in person. Truly epic, worthy of all the praise it can get. Excellent work sir.

"Recall the Principle Lesson." -- "Only the Spirit is Pure - The mind may be swayed, the body may fail"

"Only the soul cradles vengeance - Become the weapon of the soul." -- "Where the mind hesitates, overcome it - Where the body fails, replace it"

"Aspire to the condition of the Primarch - Emulate his union with steel" -- "Never waver, never retreat, never doubt."

"The flesh is weak - The weak shall be purged - What remains is strength" -- "The flesh is weak - What remains is strength." -- "The flesh is weak."

My Iron Hand Clan Company-- IA: Clan Bracchus   <---- FINISHED!

Sigbanner.jpg

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,269 posts
O....M.....G!!!!!!!! Amazing stuff for sure.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Cool Mini or Not gallery

chris_valera

chris_valera

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Rasmus, what did you make the big demon prince from? The robe is GS, i get that. The shoulder pads are from the daemon prince, and maybe the torso as well? The haft of the scythe is GS over brass rod (?) and the sythe blade is plasticard? What is the open handed arm and flesh spike from?

Or wait, are the shoulder pads from the metal Nurgle Daemon Prince? Holy cow if that's true... woot.gif

Would you take commission work to make a similar figure? E-mail chrisvalera (at) gmail dot com

--Chris

www.chrisvalera.com

Edited by chris_valera, 09 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

nerull1025

nerull1025

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Since I'm late to the party, I have a question about one of your first units, the strain with the horror/dryad bits.

They look great as beserkers, but I was wondering if you had a reasoning for how they technically don't have any pistols.

It's a similar thing with a conversion I have coming up using cold ones as bikers. In that case they technically will have a bolter in one hand, but no twin-linked bolters.
I was trying to figure some way of mounting bolters on them, but they look out of place or would detract from the models, so I was considering just saying the cold ones spit acid to count as the twin-linking.

Edited by nerull1025, 27 February 2014 - 07:59 PM.

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts

Thanks for the kind words. :)

@ Chris Valera: Yep, the shoulder pads are from the resin Nurgle prince. The arms are from the Skaven hellpit abomination, and the torso is the DE Talos. The scythe is, as you guessed, brass rod, greenstuff and plasticard. Unfortunately, I don't do comission pieces, except for friends (in that case non-profit) - after having worked as a pro musician for 5 years, it took me a while to really enjoy playing music again, so I've decided not to mix work and hobby - my thanks for understanding. I want my free time to be my own.

@ Nerull: Actually, I've never used them as anything but possessed, due to the same problems you mention. Yes, I know possessed suck, but I put them in a land raider to get at least a little mileage out of them, and they look great on the table.