Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BROTHERHOOD OF ANGELS COMPETITION

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

++ APPARITORIS DESTRICTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts
+SITUATION+
Brothers, I bring sad tidings from the Rock. Those pointy-eared maggots had attacked it and the damage they inflicted was substantial, but the combined might of the Dark Angels and several of its successors saw those arrogant pirates back to whatever hell they came from. The Techmarines have inspected the damaged area and realized that the library containing the lists of all the Successors of the Lion had been destroyed.

+MISSION+
Brothers, the register of successor will need to be rebuilt. You are being tasked with delving into your own personal archives and scribing a datafile of a successor or written account of the Unforgiven’s exploits across the galaxy.

+EXECUTION+
- CREATE YOUR OWN SUCCESSOR

Write up a datafile, Index Astartes or Imperial Armor article about an Unforgiven Successor. Templates have been provided by Brother Tyler HERE OR use this template below:

Chapter Name (include a painted marine or picture from SM painter)

Origins
- Include Founding if it is known
- What made that Chapter come into being
- Are they a Successor of a Successor?

Present Activities
- Notable Characters
- Notable Battles
- Narrative about the Chapter at the dawn of the 41st Millennium
- Are they hunters of the Fallen? Do they even know about the Fallen?

Home World or Fleet based
- Description of the planet that they are based
- Can include any rituals

Combat Doctrine
- Deathwing & Ravenwing in use?
- Armor Heavy?
- Specializations?
- Intolerances?

Organization
- Inner Circle?
- Deathwing?
- Ravenwing?
- Color schemes

Beliefs

Gene-Seed
Dark Angels, Obviously!

Battlecry
"Poke 'em in the eye!"
"Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

Bonuses for extra artwork and banners

- WRITE A STORY ABOUT THE UNFORGIVEN
Write up a complete narrative about the great deeds of the Unforgiven. As above there will be bonuses for additional artwork, but it will not be required.

- SUBMISSION
All stories are to be submitted by the end of May. They can be submitted in one of three ways.
1. Post a link in this thread to your story topic. Finished story is to be in the 1st Post.
2. PM them to Grand Master Belial.
3. E-mail them to bvosberg811@me.com
Submitted stories and datafiles will be submitted to the Fortress of the Unforgiven website as well as being added to the Librarium

+SERVICE & SUPPORT+
I will be answering all your questions that you all may have and any FAQ’s will be posted in this thread. Select members of the Inner Circle will do judging of the articles. The Shadow Guard has generously donated 4 prizes that will be awarded as follows:

- Most Unique (an idea(s) that has not been brought up before)
- Most Thorough (depth and elaborately written)
- Most Zany (a Fun/comedic successor to counter the somber motif)
- Most Artistic (an artwork based one)

The other members of the Inner Circle will be around to provide support and to help out. The Chaplains have been asked to sheathe their Blades of Reason in favor of the rubber Thunder Hammers and silly-string flamers.

Here are some of the prior works located on the Fortress Website.

+COMMAND+
I have taken on the Iron Halo of Responsibility for this competition but Moderators still have full control of the Meltas, Airlocks and Cell Block 42.

As a Lexicanium, I will modify the files slightly for inclusion in the Librarium once it is back in operation. You did the hard part of writing it. I will honor you by making it ready for the Librarium.

Edited by Grand Master Belial, 09 May 2012 - 09:29 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
awesome, I am soooo in, as a Liberite as well, this makes me happy :lol:

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,400 posts
I'm on it too! Will put something forward soon! :lol:

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
so, does the end of May apply for all IA as well?

and, can we come up with rules, say, for a special character? If we feel so inclined :lol:

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts

so, does the end of May apply for all IA as well?

and, can we come up with rules, say, for a special character? If we feel so inclined :lol:

IA's will be due at the end of May as well.

We are after the fluff more than the rules. They can be included but will most likely be removed when added to the Librarium and Fortress.

I will be participating in this as well, but I am ineligible to win anything.

Posted ImagePosted Image

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Piousservant

Piousservant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 494 posts
Sounds like fun! :lol:

"Here lies a toppled God,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one."
-Tleilaxu Epigram,
Dune, Frank Herbert

Candleshoes

Candleshoes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts
Interesting... very interesting.

Order_of_the_Dragon

Order_of_the_Dragon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
Nothing to lose by trying
Current Project: Order of the Watch [Dark Angels] [W:0 L:0 D:0]

My Blog - Updated 5/4/12 - http://spencersproje...g.blogspot.com/

*Sigh...*

Aegnor

Aegnor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,056 posts
Oooh, definitely in on this. Is it ok if I use my embryonic "DIY" chapter, the Brothers Penitent? (DIY as in GW have mentioned the name, but done nothing else with them, including identifying their geneseed).
Fbm7BxJ.jpg SWyTedd.jpg

WIP - Salamanders and other randomsIt's not more guns or tactics this army needs, it's Thunder Hammers, and lots of them!

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts

Oooh, definitely in on this. Is it ok if I use my embryonic "DIY" chapter, the Brothers Penitent? (DIY as in GW have mentioned the name, but done nothing else with them, including identifying their geneseed).

You may use them. There is a small chance GW will add to them, but we can say that with so many chapters. Duplications may occur.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alys Dwr

Alys Dwr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts
I'll have a think and see what i can come up with. Not making any promises though - You had to pick a month where i've got umpteenmillion things to do at uni, didn't you? :P

Al

banner277x100.jpgPath_to_Redemption_08BP.jpgETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts
I was hoping that this would be around the end of term around the world so after exams are done, you'd have a chance to be creative.

Need to keep that creativity sharp for next Year's LPC, right?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Candleshoes

Candleshoes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,052 posts
Darn, had this dropped sooner, I would have based my army and painted around the DIY concept, rather than Angels of Redemption. With how little fluff they have anyway, it would be like making it from the ground up anyway. The cogs and sprockets are moving though, regardless.

Alys Dwr

Alys Dwr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

I was hoping that this would be around the end of term around the world so after exams are done, you'd have a chance to be creative.

Need to keep that creativity sharp for next Year's LPC, right?

No exams for me, just oodles of coursework to get done for the end of May. Throw an MSc level dissertation on top of that and i'm finding myself stretched rather thin at the moment. I'll need time to relax though and have been toying with many little successor ideas for years, perhaps this is the motivation i need to flesh them out? lets hope so :rolleyes:

Speaking of the LPC... will this count towards fulfilling my obligation to the librarium? Having failed three times i am somewhat in debt!

Al

banner277x100.jpgPath_to_Redemption_08BP.jpgETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts
Yes, this will count toward you LPC obligations. I did not put a limit on the number of entries, so you can write your three articles and be clear of your debt.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Malthe

Malthe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
Awsome!
I was just thinking about writing up a DA succesor to compliment my Emperor's Immortals ;)
I really want to do something noble at this point, and the Unforgiven have an obvious catch that will fit in perfectly with my envisioned knight-philosophors.
Maybe I'll call the Benedictors, don't think they have any fluff as it is.
Not that everyone else isn't welcome to do their own version of course :)
Also, nice to work with a deadline for this sort of stuff! Hopefully it'll keep me from getting sidetracked as I'm wont to be...

Looking forward to see what people come up with (and to join the Unforgiven)!

QUOTE (thade)

"The galaxy is a big place; you have room to work."

IA: Imperial Viziers - A Chapter in Twain - new draft october 2013!

IA: The Emperor's Immortals - Children of the Sun
(IA: Foe Eaters - His Red Right Hand - unfinished and on hold)

FerociousBeast

FerociousBeast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,260 posts
Can I enter something I've previously written and posted here at B&C, or does it have to be new?
Dark Angel Codex Project:
Project Redemption/Project Unforgiven: The Bolter & Chainsword Dark Angel Forum's effort towards updating the Unforgiven

FB's Greatest Hits:
My Beef with Codex Space Marines: Constructive criticism and proposed solutions
Fear and the Fearless: Just what do the Dark Angels and their primarch fear?
The Role of Terminator Squads in Codex: Space Marines: An analysis

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts

Can I enter something I've previously written and posted here at B&C, or does it have to be new?

It needs to be new. You can post the link to the old work but for it to be a fair competition, it would need to be new. My Saints of the Angels would be ineligible as well as I wrote them up with my Differences of the Successors article.

Posted ImagePosted Image

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,351 posts
That's a lot to do in 31 days e.e

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 11,840 posts
Time is what you make of it (and what it makes of you). :tu:
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,466 posts

Time is what you make of it (and what it makes of you). :tu:

Golden.

An interesting-looking challenge to say the least. Good luck to y'all!

Ludovic

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Imperial Fists, first and foremost. (With a side-helping of Hive Fleet Behemoth. Om nom nom.)

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,400 posts

Time is what you make of it (and what it makes of you). :D

Golden.

An interesting-looking challenge to say the least. Good luck to y'all!

Ludovic

You are welcome to join! You have to enter into an Unforgiven state of mind though... ;)

Edited by Captain Semper, 02 May 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Arioch

Arioch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
Well, better get started, that chapter is not going to write itself. I hope my english will suffice :P
This is going to be great :D

"Forward, brothers! For honour and Glory! For Terra! For the Emperor! Forward!"
- Lion El´Jonson

"I do not care who knows the truth now, tomorrow, or in ten thousand years. Loyalty is its own reward"
- Lion El´ Jonson

"NONE SHALL PASS!"
- Balthasar, Master of the 5. company

Knightbanner

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,466 posts

You are welcome to join! You have to enter into an Unforgiven state of mind though... :cuss

Are the Angels of Vigilance still up for grabs? Or am I getting the whole thing wrong?

Ludovic

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Imperial Fists, first and foremost. (With a side-helping of Hive Fleet Behemoth. Om nom nom.)

Order_of_the_Dragon

Order_of_the_Dragon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

You are welcome to join! You have to enter into an Unforgiven state of mind though... :cuss

Are the Angels of Vigilance still up for grabs? Or am I getting the whole thing wrong?

Ludovic

You can also create your own if you want. Order of the Watch inbound...
Current Project: Order of the Watch [Dark Angels] [W:0 L:0 D:0]

My Blog - Updated 5/4/12 - http://spencersproje...g.blogspot.com/

*Sigh...*