I like the effect on the armour, as for the cloth areas I'd advise a glaze of the base purple.

Thin down the purple till it's pretty much just coloured water and give it around 4 coats, it'll dry fast so shouldn't require much waiting between coats ;)

This will smooth out the chalkiness left by the drybrushing. The more coats you put on, the smoother it will get :)

I like the effect on the armour, as for the cloth areas I'd advise a glaze of the base purple.

Thin down the purple till it's pretty much just coloured water and give it around 4 coats, it'll dry fast so shouldn't require much waiting between coats msn-wink.gif

This will smooth out the chalkiness left by the drybrushing. The more coats you put on, the smoother it will get smile.png

I'll have a go later/tomorrow ^_^ Thanks for the tip :)

I've found a Youtube video that shows how to paint a Sister in white and purple, so with a bit of adaption, I'll be using it to paint the Canoness model I have. She'll be the main character (Saffron Sera) in the Sisters story I'm writing in the Fan Fiction section ^_^

• 1 month later...

I haven't added anything for this topic as my attention has been concentrated on my Rainbow Warriors. Besides my ETL vow, I'm also involved in the Your Emperor needs you - the 27th Founding project run by Lamentermarine. I decided to try to scratch another itch by creating a Blood Angel successor, the Sons of Cruor, that takes the maxim that the Black Rage and Red Thirst is something that shouldn't be merely endured, but completely embraced. That if every Marine afflicted by it "lets go", and if their will is strong enough, will survive it and return "balanced" and free from the Curse. The Chapter refers to the Black Rage and Red Thirst as "the Rapture" and every Marine is determined to test their mettle and beat it.

There is a Marine who seemed to have beaten it. Whilst he seems lucid enough off the battlefield, there are "quirks" to his personality. He no longer remembers his name, and indeed is referred to as "the Unnamed". Rumours within the Chapter that he has beaten the Curse only reinforce the idea within the Chapter of embracing it rather than resisting. So far this Marine is the longest serving Death Company Marine within the Sons of Cruor. How much longer he lasts, only the Emperor and Sanguinius knows.

The Marine below will be a Character for this Chapter. I don't have a BA Codex, so I don't know if it will be game legal, but for now, I'm running with the "Rule of Cool" happy.png

med_gallery_51296_8579_88777.jpg

He looks rather odd due to the fact that I've had to use so much blu tack that his body is distorted by it. Unusually, it would seem that the bitz company I used have sent the wrong left arm, so I have sent them an email to hopefully sort it out. Quite unusual, as I've had excellent service from them in the past. Hopefully, it's a very small glitch and will be sorted out soon happy.png The wings are a total feth to work with (It took a while to work out where they get glued on! blink.png )and I just know that there will be much cussin' and knashing of teeth when they are finally attached dry.png

I am thinking of a blue armour colour scheme, although I'm undecided as to which shade ,although I'm thinking of one similar to the shade of blue used for BA Devastator squad helmets from way back. I've narrowed it down to two that I want to try, but I'm going to paint a couple of the "click together" Marines and decide once I've done them. When I have I'll post pictures of them both.

At some point I really need to get a mini painted for my much neglected Amber Dragons Chapter. However, when I do get around to it, I want it to be significantly more...upscale in detail than most of my other stuff.

C+C as ever welcome happy.png

EDIT: Just had a reply back (something I didn't expect at past midnight!), I'll be getting the part asap and have been told that the wrong part doesn't need to be returned. Excellent service! More than a few retailers could take a leaf from their book!

Looks good brother, blue this should be different for a son of the angel.thumbsup.gif

Thanks happy.png

Cruor means "Coagulated blood" or "Blood that flows from a wound", or "Blood clot", in Latin (according to a few dictionary sites) as my intention for this Chapter is for them to try to beat the Curse and stem the flow of blood (i.e. the ever increasing amount of Marines succumbing to it). I'd like the blue to be a light, cold shade, but nothing like my Rainbow Warriors or the Ultramarines.

• 1 year later...

I had almost forgotten I had this topic (languishing waaaaaay back in the darker depths of the WIP sub forum). Rather than start yet another topic, I've decided to resurrect this one back to glory.

And what better way of doing so than to show my progress with one of my all time favourite Chapters ever - The Flesh Tearers! wub.png

I first fell in love with them back in '88 when they had black armour and were not Blood Angel successors (there wasn't really such a thing as a "successor" at the time). They were one of the "first twelve" (the others being Black armoured Dark Angels, Flesh Eaters, Blood Angels, Blood Drinkers, Crimson Fists, Dark Grey Space wolves, Ultra Marines [with the space!] White Scars, Iron Hands, Rainbow Warriors happy.png and Silver Skulls)

Anyway, before the rose tinted glasses become too stuck to my face...

I decided and rethought which Chapter I wanted my Space Hulk 2014 models to be - Flesh Tearers, Blood Angels, Blood Drinkers, Flesh Eaters, Lamenters, a mixture of the former. In the end, I've settled for the Flesh Tearers, with the Dead Marine being a Lamenter (rather fitting given their situation sad.png ).

The pictures:

med_gallery_51296_10034_302430.jpg

med_gallery_51296_10034_317233.jpg

med_gallery_51296_10034_371151.jpg

I realise that the purity seal in the last picture isn't finished yet.

The base red is actually from a can of Spray paint from Halfords (a UK based automotive retailers) and is Ford Tango red. I didn't realise that it was a metallic paint until after I sprayed the vast majority of the Terminators... dry.png Still they look quite good despite the fact that the shade of red is similar to that of the plastic laugh.png

The red has been highlighted, although it's not easily seen in the pictures laugh.png Oh well!

Mmh... Your washes seem to be a tad too heavy and haver pooled in many places. Perhaps not so much next time (or at least do it in two-three steps instead)?

Otherwise, looking good thumbsup.gif

I used Nuln oil and the last from that pot, so it might have been rather...heavy. Still, I explain it away by saying that Space Hulks are dirty places and Flesh Tearers aren't too fussy about a bit of mess laugh.png

Archived